OT: pairing socks
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
2018-05-02 23:52:36 UTC
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?

Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
--
The first thing a man looks at in a woman is her heart.
The fact that her tits are in front of her heart is not our fault!
Ed Pawlowski
2018-05-03 01:28:55 UTC
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
I have a few pair of dress socks, all the same. I have a bunch of crew
socks, all the same. I just grab two socks, no matching.
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
2018-05-03 01:36:49 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
I have a few pair of dress socks, all the same. I have a bunch of crew
socks, all the same. I just grab two socks, no matching.
Even more sensible.
--
Did you hear about the guy who finally figured out women?
He died laughing before he could tell anybody.
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:55:07 UTC
And troll-feeding idiot no.1 appeared on the scene! LOL
Rod Speed
2018-05-03 02:14:15 UTC
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the
drawer at the time of putting them on?
That's what I do and its very easy because I only
have two types of socks with radically different
colors. I buy lots of the same when I buy new ones.
alan_m
2018-05-03 07:26:58 UTC
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
That's what I do and its very easy because I only have two types of
socks with radically different colors. I buy lots of the same when I buy
new ones.
I went down the route of only buying black socks. I started from scratch
by disposing of all the old socks and then buying around 20 pairs of the
same type at the same time. I select two socks at random from the
drawer. After around a year there is no truly matching pair[1]. The
number of times that the sock has been worn, washed and the time in the
sun drying on the line changes the colour. I have some some that are as
black as when purchased but other are more a shade of dark grey. Also
the different temperatures used for washing can slightly shrink socks by
different amounts.

[1] I don't really care that that that the two socks I wear are slightly
different shades of black.
Bob Eager
2018-05-03 08:29:46 UTC
Post by alan_m
[...]
I learned this a long time ago, which is why I pair the socks.

They also lose elasticity at different rates.
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-05-03 09:26:48 UTC
Post by alan_m
[...]
Clearly for the full range of pain you should have purchased 25 pairs.
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Harry Bloomfield
2018-05-03 08:25:56 UTC
The easy solution is a fully trained sock sorting operative.
Graeme
2018-05-03 08:56:16 UTC
Post by Harry Bloomfield
The easy solution is a fully trained sock sorting operative.
In this house, that is me :-)

I too learned long ago that not all blacks look the same, particularly
after a few washes. Nothing annoys me more than scrabbling around in a
drawer looking for matching socks, so always put them away in pairs.

My socks are now black, but with the day of the week in a bright colour,
on the sole. This makes pairing easy, but also ensures all the socks in
a pack are worn equally, rather than the same few pairs on top with
those at the bottom rarely worn.
Graeme
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:55:32 UTC
On Thu, 3 May 2018 12:14:15 +1000, Rot Speed, another mentally handicapped
Post by Rod Speed
That's what I do and its very easy because I only
have two types of socks with radically different
colors. I buy lots of the same when I buy new ones.
And troll-feeding senile idiot no.2 appeared on the scene! This times it's
an Aussie octogenarian! Is true! LMAO!
RH Draney
2018-05-03 02:15:58 UTC
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
Because the light at the drawer isn't bright enough to identify "two the
same" like the light at the laundromat....r
B***@Weiser.com
DUH!!!! Install a light fixture above the drawer.....
Tony Cooper
2018-05-03 03:02:49 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Who pairs socks after the wash and why?
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
Because the light at the drawer isn't bright enough to identify "two the
same" like the light at the laundromat....r
True, that. You have to take the socks to a window and see them in
daylight if you want to tell the navy blue from the black ones.
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:55:52 UTC
On Wed, 2 May 2018 19:15:58 -0700, RH Drano, the notorious troll-feeding
Post by RH Draney
Because the light at the drawer isn't bright enough to identify "two the
same" like the light at the laundromat....r
...and troll-feeding senile idiot no.3 couldn't resist the abnormal troll's
latest idiotic bait! LOL
Living Post Amateur Radio ...
2018-05-03 06:08:45 UTC
who cares...I sometimes wear odd shoes ....
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:56:51 UTC
On Thu, 3 May 2018 07:08:45 +0100, Living Post Amateur Radio ... another,
Post by Living Post Amateur Radio ...
who cares...I sometimes wear odd shoes ....
...and a "new" troll-feeding senile idiot no.4 suddenly appears out of
nowhere! LOL
Dave Liquorice
2018-05-03 07:23:00 UTC
Post by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
Why not just pick two the same out of the drawer at the time of putting them on?
Paired socks have no requirement to be awake when picking from the
drawer.
--
Cheers
Dave.
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:57:20 UTC
On Thu, 03 May 2018 08:23:00 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice, obviously another
Post by Dave Liquorice
Paired socks have no requirement to be awake when picking from the
drawer.
And troll-feeding senile idiot no.5 couldn't resist feed feeding the
obviously mentally sick, filthy gay Scottish wanker, troll and attention
whore! LMAO
Peeler
2018-05-03 08:57:55 UTC
On Thu, 03 May 2018 00:52:36 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the abnormal attention whore's latest attention-baiting idiotic
BULLSHIT>
--
damduck-***@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:
"He is a well known attention seeking troll and every reply you
make feeds him.
Starts many threads most of which die quick as on the UK groups anyone
with sense Kill filed him ages ago which is why he now cross posts to
the US groups for a new audience.
This thread was unusual in that it derived and continued without him
to a large extent and his silly questioning is an attempt to get
noticed again."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your
stupidity."
MID: <e39a6a7f-9677-4e78-a866-***@googlegroups.com>
--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
You have been presented with a viewpoint with information, reasoning,
historical cases, citations and references to back it up and wilfully
ignore all going back to your idea which has no supporting information."
MID: <KaToA.263621$***@fx10.am4>
--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a fucking moronic motorist."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class
ass hole jerk. ...You fit under unconditional Idiot and should be put in
mental institution.
MID: <VLCdnYC5HK1Z4S3FnZ2dnUU7-***@giganews.com>
--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."
MID: <4d907253-b3b9-40d4-be4d-***@googlegroups.com>
--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."
MID: <***@dell3100.workgroup>
--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the piss poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and
several parrots living in his hovel."
MID: <odqtgc$iug$***@dont-email.me>
--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"
MID: <***@Mars>
--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ
lower than your age, and I accept that as a reason for your comments."
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable