OT: Trump and Puerto Rico, in his own tweets
Add Reply
trader_4
2017-10-12 14:29:56 UTC
About once a week I find myself seeing a Trump news headline and thinking
he can't be that stupid...." But then I catch myself and realize it is
Trump and I warned everyone I could before he was the nominee that he's
a mental case, totally unfit for
the office, so there is little left he could do that should surprise
anyone. This morning he tweeted:

"Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 12, 2017

...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 12, 2017

.We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 12, 2017

And now another news cycle will be consumed, with Trump and the trumpets
defending this stupidity. Here is an island that still has 80% of it's power
out, people facing long lines for food and water, and he thinks because
he went down, tossed some towels, that now it's time to start telling
Puerto Ricans that there may not be much more help coming. He makes it
sound like it's just a financial problem now, even as millions are
suffering greatly. He got one thing right, this sure is the real
Donald Trump.
BurfordTJustice

Donald Trump.
Uncle Monster
2017-10-12 15:15:09 UTC
Post by trader_4
[...]
Poor Traitor_4ever, suffering from all those afflictions.
TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome
GDS, Gun Derangement Syndrome
FOGC, Fear Of Gun Cooties
NDS, Nuclear Derangement Syndrome
HDS, Hurricane Derangement Syndrome
PRDS, Puerto Rico Derangement Syndrome
FOOS, Fear Of Own Shadow
Get some professional psychiatric help Traitor_4ever before you go completely off the rails and hurt yourself or others. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster
trader_4
2017-10-12 15:42:11 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
[...]
Typical childish ad hominem response. Why don't you tell us what you
think about what Trump just did? And how the whole news cycle will
be consumed by this. The acting head of FEMA will be in Puerto
Rico today and now she will have to be the current administration
official having to disavow what the president said. Then of course,
Trump will attack her. Tomorrow Paul Ryan will be in Puerto Rico,
again, he will spend a day having to disavow, handle questions,
because Trump really is a big moron.

There is one mentally ill person here and it's perfectly clear who
that is. It's not some deep state problem, it's not some media
issue. Trump is mental and totally unfit for the office.
Uncle Monster
2017-10-12 16:01:58 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
[...]
Poor Traitor_4ever, did the gun cooties get you? Bactine works on their painful bites. Get some help. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster
g***@aol.com
2017-10-12 16:48:03 UTC
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:42:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
Post by trader_4
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
[...]
Trump's biggest problem seems to be that he says everything he is
thinking without realizing the fall out. After a lifetime of carefully
massaged messages from the White House, he has a following because of
that (good or bad).
I am sure Obama would be thinking the same thing if this had happened
last year but he would keep it to himself. There is no doubt that we
are talking about a disfunctional and bankrupt government in PR. The
grid was not in that great a shape for decades and it did not take
much to crash it. I could say the same thing for the grid in most of
the US, particularly in the North East. They were crippled by a strong
tropical storm a couple years ago. If we actually had a Cat 1 or 2
storm come ashore in the NY/NJ area we would have a crisis
unprecedented in our history. PR saw a Cat 5 and damage is on a log
scale as you move up through the categories.
I was up there a few years ago right after <weak> Tropical Storm
Debbie and the grid in Virginia was in shambles. Don't you folks ever
trim trees near power lines?
Oren
2017-10-12 19:06:30 UTC
Don't you folks ever trim trees near power lines?
...at least farm it out to a contract company

URL to status Puerto Rico

http://status.pr/
trader_4
2017-10-13 00:44:51 UTC
Post by Oren
Don't you folks ever trim trees near power lines?
...at least farm it out to a contract company
URL to status Puerto Rico
http://status.pr/
The utilities do farm out the tree trimming to tree contractors here in NJ,
have for decades.
trader_4
2017-10-13 00:43:38 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
[...]
We kind of did with Sandy. That was a cat 1 until just as it came
ashore at Atlantic City. Good thing too, otherwise all the
homeowner's insurance policies that have a special hurricane deductible
would have been screwed, myself included. I think it's 5% of the
insured amount. If it's a hurricane, that's the deductible, instead
of the normal $500 or whatever amount. I was surprised when I got
to the Allstate tent outside HD that they had set up after Sandy and
they told me that it was not a hurricane. Some people here are still
recovering from that, arguing with FEMA over payments, etc.

IDK how Puerto Rico's electrical grid compares with what we have here,
whether it's significantly worse or not.
But I think you're probably right, if anything like that had hit here,
we'd be in a lot of trouble too, possibly just as bad. Which is why
Trump's statements suggesting support may end, is so awful. It's
only been 3 weeks since the hurricane and only a week or so since
he was there promising unconditional support. Now his minions have
another crap storm to try to clean up. I'm sure it's near impossible
to get anything done. Before you're through responding to the current
mess, he's been on twitter to create a new one. I think there is a
significant chance that he will eventually do himself in with a
tweet or similar that is just so bad, so inexcusable that he has to
go.
BurfordTJustice
2017-10-12 17:51:01 UTC
That is every post of yours...
WTF PKB
Uncle Monster
2017-10-13 05:41:10 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
[...]
I have never attacked any ad homies. You're the racist bastard around here Traitor_4ever. You hate Orange people and are prejudiced against our first Orange President. Your racism and hatred towards Orange people is unparalleled. It's obvious that you have a mental defect and it causes you to lie about your political leanings. Get some professional help for your psychosis because you may harm yourself or others. Stay away from firearms and sharp objects. ޏ₍ ὸ.ό₎ރ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster
ZZyXX
2017-10-13 18:58:03 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by trader_4
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 9:30:00 AM UTC-5, trader_4
Post by trader_4
About once a week I find myself seeing a Trump news headline
and thinking he can't be that stupid...." But then I catch
myself and realize it is Trump and I warned everyone I could
before he was the nominee that he's a mental case, totally
unfit for the office, so there is little left he could do that
"Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis
looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A
12, 2017
...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all
infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to
decide how much to spend.... — Donald J. Trump
.We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who
have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in
2017
[...]
Deranged Trader_4 Syndrome

ZZyXX
DDS
BurfordTJustice
2017-10-12 19:51:00 UTC
Now you know the rest of the story:

"trader_4" <***@optonline.net>

FBI in Puerto Rico investigating if corrupt local officials are
'withholding' or 'mishandling' crucial supplies

FBI agents in Puerto Rico have been receiving calls from "across the island"
with residents complaining local officials are "withholding" or
"mishandling" critical FEMA supplies -- with one island official even
accused of stuffing his own car full of goods meant for the suffering
populace.

The accusations come in the aftermath of deadly Hurricane Maria, which
devastated the U.S. territory last month.

"The complaints we're hearing is that mayors of local municipalities, or
people associated with their offices, are giving their political supporters
special treatment, goods they're not giving to other people who need them,"
FBI Special Agent Carlos Osorio told Fox News.

Osorio, an agent with the FBI in San Juan, said the bureau was investigating
the allegations.

"The U.S. attorney has made it clear if anyone is caught mishandling FEMA
supplies, they will be prosecuted and could end up facing anywhere from five
to 20 years in prison," Osorio said.

Some of the claims have come by phone and others have poured in over social
media, but the allegations stretch across the island.

Osorio told of one allegation where a party official is accused of pulling
his own car around the back of a government building and driving off after

"We're going out and investigating these claims," Osorio said. "We don't
know yet if they're accurate or not...but yes we have received many similar
allegations from people in many different parts of the island."

The allegations of misconduct come amid a pitched back-and-forth between
island officials and President Trump over the federal response to Maria.

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, a frequent Trump foil, reportedly accused
Trump on Thursday of "genocide" for not doing more to aid in the relief
efforts.

Cruz sent the accusation in a text message to Rep. Luis V. Gutirrez, D-Ill.,
who is of Puerto Rican heritage, The Washington Times reported.

Trump on Twitter has accused Cruz of poor management.

"...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in
Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help..." Trump wrote.

The president raised eyebrows Thursday morning by tweeting that federal
agencies, military officials and first responders couldn't stay "in P.R.
forever!"

Earlier Thursday, the Daily Caller reported the FBI was aware of
misappropriation allegations in six of Puerto Rico's 78 municipalities.

Rosa Emilia Rodriguez, a U.S. federal prosecutor on the island, told a local
Puerto Rican radio station Monday she was investigating officials in the
government -- including mayors -- regarding the misappropriation of
supplies. Rodriguez, however, declined to name the government officials
being looked at.

"Anybody that engaged in that kind of action whether civilian or
representative should be looked at seriously because that's unforgivable,"
Rep. Adriano Espillat, D-N.Y., a member of the Congressional Hispanic
Caucus, told The Daily Caller.