57% of Democrats Want Trump to Succeed
burfordTjustice
2017-01-05 17:03:27 UTC
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
T***@NO.TROLLS
2017-01-05 17:13:04 UTC
THIS MESSAGE WAS POSTED BY A TROLL. PLEASE DISCARD IT!
r***@gmail.com
2017-01-05 17:43:11 UTC
You are the real troll.
(PeteCresswell)
2017-01-05 18:26:17 UTC
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.

Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.

What kind of person would not want him to succeed??

Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
Pete Cresswell
burfordTjustice
ask trader and norman...
Meanie
Well said.
Ralph Mowery
2017-01-05 20:50:33 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, ***@y.Invalid
says...
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
I don't care which party is in power if it is good for the country.
There has not been anyone in power after Reagan that has made me feel
good about America. Not saying he did a great job, but I did feel good.
W Bush was such a mess I can see why the Dems won the next election.
The old man was not much better either.

Trump may be worse than Bush, Carter and Obama put together,but for now
atleast he is giving the common man hope.
People should atleast give him a chance before all the bashing.
trader_4
2017-01-07 22:00:01 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
says...
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
[...]
Why should we have to wait to give him a chance? His bizarre love for
Putin, while disparaging US intel agencies, for example. Why do we
have to wait to know that stupid and wrong? And note that he did the
disparaging for a month without taking his intel briefings, without
even looking at what US intel had on what the Russians did. Why oh
why would anyone have to give that stupidity a chance? It's beyond
shocking that any leader, any exec would take such a stupid and
dangerous approach. It really is that simple and there are plenty
more examples, but that is the best.
Sterling Archer
2017-01-06 02:02:21 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
Hypothetically, if you could travel back in time and retain your
current knowledge, would you kill Adolf Hitler at any point between his
birth and his ascendency to power?
rbowman
2017-01-06 02:27:51 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
Hypothetically, if you could travel back in time and retain your current
knowledge, would you kill Adolf Hitler at any point between his birth
and his ascendency to power?
Late 1938 would be a good time. Had he died around that time he would be
in the history books as one of the greatest European statesmen. He
lifted Germany out of the swamp of the Weimar Republic and put the KPD
in its place.
Sterling Archer
Now, what if you could only kill him as an infant, would you do it?
rbowman
2017-01-06 05:10:19 UTC
Post by Sterling Archer
Post by rbowman
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
[...]
No. I'd save the infanticide for Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Churchill, and
Roosevelt...
Sterling Archer
2017-01-06 11:54:25 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by Sterling Archer
Post by rbowman
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
[...]
Are you saying you would have killed those five men as infants but not
Hitler?
rbowman
Do you have problems comprehending the written word?
Stormin' Norman
2017-01-06 16:17:39 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by Sterling Archer
Post by rbowman
Post by Sterling Archer
Post by rbowman
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
[...]
I anxiously await the response of Pete Cresswell to my original
question, he seems to have a sane approach to such philosophical
discussions.
(PeteCresswell)
2017-01-06 20:50:40 UTC
Post by Stormin' Norman
Hypothetically, if you could travel back in time and retain your current
knowledge, would you kill Adolf Hitler at any point between his birth
and his ascendency to power?
I anxiously await the response of Pete Cresswell to my original
question, he seems to have a sane approach to such philosophical
discussions.
Thankfully, I will never have to grapple with such a decision.

Google "Kill Hitler" on YouTube and it will return a *lot* of hits....
didn't watch any of them but, clearly, plenty of people have thought
about that scenario.
Pete Cresswell
trader_4
2017-01-07 22:01:11 UTC
Post by Sterling Archer
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
Hypothetically, if you could travel back in time and retain your
current knowledge, would you kill Adolf Hitler at any point between his
birth and his ascendency to power?
I guess not. You have to give him a chance, they say. So, those who
were opposed to Hitler in the early years, I guess they should have all
just sat down, shut up and give him a chance. We know how that worked out.
rbowman
2017-01-06 02:37:16 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have seemed very concerned
about the good of the nation.
(PeteCresswell)
2017-01-06 20:54:15 UTC
Post by rbowman
Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have seemed very concerned
about the good of the nation.
Have never watched or listened to Glenn Beck's show because the quotes I
have heard from him suggest that he is industrial-strength smart wrapped
in batshit-crazy.

But I did watch an interview with him on Charlie Rose some weeks ago and
I have to say that he held it together pretty well and did make one
point that rang true to me: that both parties have come around to
putting perpetuation of their power above the good of The Nation.

Beck cited that as the reason that he quit the Republican Party.
Pete Cresswell
Buffalo
2017-01-06 22:12:47 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by rbowman
Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have seemed very concerned
about the good of the nation.
Have never watched or listened to Glenn Beck's show because the quotes I
have heard from him suggest that he is industrial-strength smart wrapped
in batshit-crazy.
But I did watch an interview with him on Charlie Rose some weeks ago and
I have to say that he held it together pretty well and did make one
point that rang true to me: that both parties have come around to
putting perpetuation of their power above the good of The Nation.
Beck cited that as the reason that he quit the Republican Party.
The GOP has put their Party way ahead of the needs of the USA. To them,
Party first, themselves second, their money third, their Family fourth and
somewhere down the line, the good of the USA>
GOP, Party above all else!!!
W and Cheney are damn solid examples.
Go Trump!!
He is about the only one that might be able to control the GOP.
Buffalo
falo"
2017-01-07 11:20:42 UTC
On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 15:12:47 -0700
"Buffalo" <***@physco.invalid.net> wrote:

obama has put their Party way ahead of the needs of the USA.

Who you voted for twice.
Buffalo
2017-01-07 21:35:10 UTC
Post by falo"
On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 15:12:47 -0700
obama has put their Party way ahead of the needs of the USA.
Who you voted for twice.
Still the same deluded and ignorant asshole, I see.
Buffalo
trader_4
2017-01-07 22:03:02 UTC
Post by Buffalo
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by rbowman
[...]
Of course the Democrats, eg Hillary and Bill, selling out the State Dept,
taking money from any foreign govt, company, to stuff their pockets,
well no need to say anything about that, right?
Buffalo
2017-01-06 22:07:42 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
That is an excellent description of what the GOP is. Themselves WAY before
their Country.
Thankfully Trump is in charge, and not those self-serving SOBs and their
'precious' Party,
Go Trump!!!
Buffalo
trader_4
2017-01-07 22:04:57 UTC
Post by Buffalo
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
That is an excellent description of what the GOP is. Themselves WAY before
their Country.
Thankfully Trump is in charge, and not those self-serving SOBs and their
'precious' Party,
Go Trump!!!
--
Buffalo
Yeah and what was one of the first things Trump did? Taiwan paid
Bob Dole $140K to lobby Trump. Dole did, Trump immediately started
to change US foreign policy on Taiwan and China. If you're worried
about business as usual, corruption, pay to play, what's a better
example than that? And Trump isn't even president yet!
trader_4
2017-01-07 21:57:08 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by burfordTjustice
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_democrats_want_trump_to_succeed
I'm neither Repub nor Dem and I think Trump's election was an extremely
high-risk event.
Having said that, the guy *Won*.....his party *Won*.... and now he is
our president.
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Every rational person who's opposed to his policies, of course.
If you took your car to a mechanic because it was idling poorly
and he told you the solution was to pour sand in the engine,
would you want him to succeed with his solution?
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Only kind I can think of is one who places their party's political power
above the good of The Nation.
--
Pete Cresswell
He should also fail for another reason. He's despicable and I don't
want to see a guy who lies, divides, hurls out bigoted remarks,
insults vets, mocks the disabled, viewed as a successful model
for future presidents.
(PeteCresswell)
2017-01-08 15:25:48 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by (PeteCresswell)
What kind of person would not want him to succeed??
Every rational person who's opposed to his policies, of course.
If you took your car to a mechanic because it was idling poorly
and he told you the solution was to pour sand in the engine,
would you want him to succeed with his solution?
Score 1 for Trader_4.

I take the point..... -)

When I saw "Succeed" I was thinking more in terms of the good of the
country in general: i.e. not crashing the economy again, not inciting
civil strife.... and so-forth..... Not in terms of succeeding with his
personal agenda (whatever that is... his statements seem to change
day-to-day).

But I still think there was something to be said for not attacking him
right out of the starting gate - instead, giving him some rope and then
attacking whatever he does that seems bad.....

By now, I would say that some of his cabinet nominations fulfill that
requirement....
Pete Cresswell
Muggles
2017-01-08 16:10:16 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by trader_4
Post by (PeteCresswell)
[...]
He's practical. If he hires someone to do a job and they don't live up
to expectations, he'll just fire that person and replace them with
someone who can do the job. Who he initially appoints to any position
isn't set in stone.
Maggie
trader_4
2017-01-08 18:03:15 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
Post by trader_4
Post by (PeteCresswell)
[...]
And likewise I think there are some things where it would be good if
Trump succeeds. And example would be with the economy and tax policy.
Note however that his tax policy now is not what Trump proposed initially.
It's the GOP "establishment" plan given to him by Ryan. You would think
the Trumpets would see this as a betrayal, but not a peep. If he can
get this plan passed and it boosts the economy, doesn't dramatically raise
the deficit, then I'd like to see him succeed with that. The exception
would be if they put some craziness back into the tax plan of course.

Marginalizing NATO, pissing all over it, buddying up to Putin,
recognizing his annexation of Crimea, encouraging him, that's a good
example where I'd like Trump to fail before he does serious damage.

He's also essentially failed on his immigration BS plan. He lied to
voters, told them he was going to deport all 11 mil illegals, a bunch
of mostly rapists, drug runners. He was going to round up all of them
in just a year or two, no ifs, ands, or buts. But now he says that
the vast majority of them are "good people" who we have to "treat fairly"
and there will be no deportation of most of them, their status is open.
So, by his own hand, he's already failed at one of his signature and most
stupid promises.