On Topic: refrigerator seals
2018-05-16 04:50:14 UTC
Hi All,

On Topic. Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top. The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back. Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T
Bill Gill

Bill
Oren
2018-05-16 17:08:38 UTC
Post by Bill Gill
Post by T
Hi All,
On Topic.  Golly!
I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.  The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.  Its seems
to be crushed.
Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?
Many thanks,
-T
Replace it.
Bill
+1 If it has crushed there is nothing you can do.

The door gasket can be tested with the "dollar bill test". Holds the
dollar and has good resistance when pulled out when the door is
closed.
"We recommend using your hand to replace the fuse as it will take much longer using your knee."
2018-05-17 16:07:47 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bill Gill
Post by T
Hi All,
On Topic.  Golly!
I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.  The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.  Its seems
to be crushed.
Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?
Many thanks,
-T
Replace it.
Bill
+1 If it has crushed there is nothing you can do.
The door gasket can be tested with the "dollar bill test". Holds the
dollar and has good resistance when pulled out when the door is
closed.
Rats! It is expensive.

Thank you!
Oren
... how much will it cost by not replacing it :-\
2018-05-17 18:16:52 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by T
Rats! It is expensive.
Thank you!
... how much will it cost by not replacing it :-\
You do pay for it on the installment program!

:'(