Downloading the NEC electrical code book
Add Reply
j***@nospam.com
2017-12-07 02:43:35 UTC
Awhile back, I found a PDF copy of the NEC electrical code book on the
web. I think the link was from a post on this newsgroup or another one
that has the topic of electric/electronic.

The file was the 2011 NEC and was about 10.9mega bytes in size.
The way I understand it, these are copyrighted, even though they are
obsolete. However I was just using it as a reference for home use and
I am not in business. Actually, if I was in business, I'd want the
current edition, but just for looking up stuff like how many wires are
allowed in a 3/4" conduit, or how many amps a 10ga wire can support,
this book was fine, and quite useful.

Unfortunately I had a hard drive fail, and this is one file that I had
not yet backed up, so it's gone.

I googled for it and cant find it. I think it was sort of a private
listing.

Anyone know where to doanload this file again?

Since I'm sure someone is going to make comments about copyright
infringement, I am not doing this intentionally. I could buy the book
for little money on ebay or amazon, since it's obsolete, but I much
prefer having in on my computer. Book are easy to misplace and not as
easy to search. I much prefer the computer version over a book.

The filename was "National Electrical Code 2011.pdf"
10,884 kb in size.
h***@ccanoemail.ca
2017-12-07 02:57:14 UTC
Post by j***@nospam.com
[...]
.. only available on the Dark Web - since the lights went out.

:-)
Dave Garrett
2017-12-07 03:00:08 UTC
Post by j***@nospam.com
[...]
I believe you can view (but not download) the current NEC at the NFPA's
website, but you have to register for a free account.

The 2011 edition is available in various formats at the Internet
Archive:

https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode
Dave
j***@nospam.com
2017-12-07 06:10:03 UTC
Post by Dave Garrett
The 2011 edition is available in various formats at the Internet
https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode
--
Dave
Exactly what I was looking for.....
Thanks
g***@aol.com
2017-12-07 05:51:40 UTC
Post by j***@nospam.com
Awhile back, I found a PDF copy of the NEC electrical code book on the
web. I think the link was from a post on this newsgroup or another one
that has the topic of electric/electronic.
It it is on the NFPA web site. I don't think the 2017 is a PDF tho. .
<http://www.nfpa.org/codes-and-standards/all-codes-and-standards/list-of-codes-and-standards/detail?code=70>
You will have to register but it is free.
I think the 2014 may be at alt.binaries.warez.winxp
j***@nospam.com
I think the 2014 may be at alt.binaries.warez.winxp
If I need something specific to the newest codes, I will probably just
look on the NEC website. But mostly I just want the basic info which is
usually the same.

I wish I could get to the binary newsgroups, but I dont have access to
them, or I'd DL that one too. It would be nice to have the 2014 since
it's newer.

At least I now have the 2011 version back. I missed it since I lost it.
Iggy
2017-12-07 13:14:01 UTC
replying to james, Iggy wrote:
You can download it here - https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode
- Click the scrollbar down once for the different download file types on the
right side.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/downloading-the-nec-electrical-code-book-1152411-.htm