OT - dead duck
Add Reply
Frank
2017-01-05 14:26:24 UTC
A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid
her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to
the bird’s chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, “I’m
sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away.”
The distressed woman wailed, “Are you sure?”
“Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead,” replied the vet..
“How can you be so sure?” she protested. “I mean you haven’t done any
testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something.”
The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a
few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck’s owner
looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front
paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom.
He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few
minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and
also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on
its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, “I’m sorry, but as I said, this is
most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck.”
The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a
bill, which he handed to the woman..
The duck’s owner, still in shock, took the bill. “$550.00!” she cried,
“$550.00 just to tell me my duck is dead!”
The vet shrugged, “I’m sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the
bill would have been $5.00, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan,
it’s now $550.00”OT - dead duck
Uncle Monster
2017-01-05 20:27:46 UTC
Post by Frank
[...]
I am obliged to share this with friends who have pets. ヽ(•‿•)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Live Monster
Frank
2017-01-05 23:18:23 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Frank
[...]
Pets can cost you a bundle in health care expenses. Friend just spent
$2,400 on one of his dogs which included a Cat Scan. Dog had a blockage
but it cleared itself without intervention.
VinnyB
2017-01-06 16:24:56 UTC
Post by Frank
Pets can cost you a bundle in health care expenses. Friend just spent
$2,400 on one of his dogs which included a Cat Scan. Dog had a blockage
but it cleared itself without intervention.
So the $2,400 was a waste of $$$. I guess when a dog is the only
friend you have, it's worth it. I prefer younger women myself.