In Line Water Filter Advice wanted.
B***@notgmail.com
2017-01-05 18:17:18 UTC
I am thinking about installing a SIMPLE inline water filter. I just
want a basic filter, not a water softener or some kind of resin - ion
exchanger unit. I would like one where I can see the filter and turn
a valve to shut off the water, unscrew the filter, replace it and turn
the water back on. However, I don't want to spend hundreds of
dollar per filter. The filter on my fridge's icemaker is about $30 -
$40 each....crazy. I would like to remove sediment, chlorine and
whatever else I can.....lead for instance. If it can be whole house
that would be great and if not I'd be happy with just filtering the
kitchen water. We are on public water and it is very good from what
I have been told and the taste it fine. IT is better with the
chlorine gone . Any advice on this? Say price and time inivolved to
place it. Can I buy a kit of some kind? Thanks
Bonniepeebles
Oren
2017-01-05 18:51:08 UTC
Post by B***@notgmail.com
[...]
Something like this?

<http://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-specs/GXWH20S>

Manuals & Downloads on the site you could read.
Frank
2017-01-06 00:51:33 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by B***@notgmail.com
[...]
There are a lot of brands. My plumber put in an Aqua-Pure filter with
exterior by-pass system after I had trouble with the by-pass built into
the cheap unit that I put in myself. Buying filters in bulk on line
non-OEM are only a few dollars each. Filters usually last 6 months.
Ed Pawlowski
2017-01-06 00:45:11 UTC
Post by B***@notgmail.com
[...]
Every home and hardware store carries them under different brand names.
Get a housing and carbon filter and you will have good tasting water.
No need to do the whole house, we just do the kitchen.

In my case I'm able to put it in the kitchen feed cold water line on the
basement ceiling.
One of many available
https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-40631-Premium-Water-Filter/dp/B00523AMBC/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1483663370&sr=8-39&keywords=water+filter
dadiOH
2017-01-06 11:26:37 UTC
Post by B***@notgmail.com
[...]
No specific advice but reading this may help you narrow your search.
http://www.purewaterproducts.com/articles/carbon/