Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank
BurfordTJustice
2017-10-12 09:48:12 UTC
WTF?

Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank

The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be
allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout,
the organization's highest honor.
"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of
families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their
children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic
change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its
founding more than 100 years ago.
Uncle Monster
2017-10-12 11:23:25 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank
The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be
allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout,
the organization's highest honor.
"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of
families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their
children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.
The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic
change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its
founding more than 100 years ago.
Do female Eagle Scouts lay eggs? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
Wade Garrett
2017-10-12 16:09:55 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank
The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be
allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout,
the organization's highest honor.
"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of
families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their
children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.
The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic
change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its
founding more than 100 years ago.
Do female Eagle Scouts lay eggs? ヽ(ヅ)ノ
[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
No- but after a few years, the girl Boy Scouts will be layin' the boy
Boy Scouts.

Eventually this will lead to a huge sexual harassment scandal resulting
in all boy Boy Scouts being banned from the Boy Scouts...
Muggles
Maggie
ZZyXX
you mean like the sexual harassment scandal in the Girl Scouts ?
Idlehands
2017-10-13 00:10:26 UTC
Post by Wade Garrett
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
[...]
Scouts Canada has been officially co-ed since 1992, no sexual harassment
lawsuits at all. You are reading way to much into this.
--
Smart people learn from everything and anyone.
Average people from their experiences.
Socrates
Wade Garrett
2017-10-13 14:02:40 UTC
Post by Idlehands
Post by Wade Garrett
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
[...]
The logical inference being that Canadian boys are more interested in
hockey than girls- or maybe that the leftist government laces their corn
flakes with saltpeter ;-)
--
I was almost run off the road this afternoon by some guy making an
undocumented U-turn.
- @patsajak
dvus
2017-10-12 16:41:46 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank
The Boy Scouts of America announced on Wednesday that girls will soon be
allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout,
the organization's highest honor.
"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of
families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their
children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.
The scouting board of directors voted unanimously to make the historic
change in an organization that has been primarily for boys since its
founding more than 100 years ago.
I'm sure little girls are longing to join a boy's group rather than the
Girl Scouts where they would be with girls their age with similar
interests. I have a feeling this was brought about by older women using
the Scouts to make a political point at the expense of little girl's
real wishes.
dvus
Ed Pawlowski
2017-10-12 17:23:31 UTC
Post by dvus
Post by BurfordTJustice
WTF?
[...]
Probably a matter of survival. Being a scount is not cool these days.

From the Chicago Tribune
The Boy Scouts of America's youth membership fell 7.4 percent last year,
continuing a decade-long decline for one of the nation's oldest youth
organizations, a spokesman said Friday.

More than 2.4 million youth participated in its programs in 2014, along
with just fewer than 1 million adults, spokesman Deron Smith said.
Enrollment fell 6 percent the year before, and in previous years
declined slightly or seen little to no change over the last decade.