OT....... New Texas law allows people to carry swords in public
Add Reply
Bod
2017-07-13 05:41:09 UTC
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
Bod
2017-07-13 05:43:15 UTC
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
Here's the link:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/new-texas-law-allows-people-to-carry-swords-in-public-a3586301.html
g***@aol.com
2017-07-13 06:35:07 UTC
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Bod
2017-07-13 06:45:05 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Meanie
2017-07-13 10:44:23 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Ninja warrior training?

I agree. The same thought applies to carrying a rifle in the city.
Cindy Hamilton
2017-07-13 10:44:40 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Not, perhaps, in street clothes. I've seen a lot of historical
re-creationists walking around in Medieval clothing with a sword
strapped on their hip.

They usually skate by the rules on the grounds that it's equivalent
to a stage prop, even when the sword is real steel.

Cindy Hamilton
Bod
I see.
Oren
2017-07-13 14:45:55 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Did you comprehend the article? It actually explained the purpose of
the law.
Bod
Indeed I did.
Oren
What did you come up with, son? Your question is moot.
Bod
2017-07-13 17:22:49 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Did you comprehend the article? It actually explained the purpose of
the law.
Indeed I did.
What did you come up with, son? Your question is moot.
What do you mean "what did you come up with, son"?
That doesn't appear to make sense.
Oren
2017-07-13 18:25:08 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Did you comprehend the article? It actually explained the purpose of
the law.
Indeed I did.
What did you come up with, son? Your question is moot.
What do you mean "what did you come up with, son"?
That doesn't appear to make sense.
What was your inference of the law. Tell the class the pro & cons of
the law. Son!
Bod
Has someone put something strange in your coffee?
Oren
2017-07-14 18:57:01 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
There you go again. Missing and changing the subject. I fact, you
can't say what the law means or the consequences of it.

You just want some attention.

...damn red-bellied Brit's!
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 19:34:29 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
I tried looking that up and only got references to this:
Not very well named, since that isn't his belly that's red.
--
If an alien presented you with a piece of technology that could end all disease and famine throughout the entire planet, what would you do?
1) Present it to the President of the United States of America.
3) Take it to pieces.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 19:54:51 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:34:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Oren
There you go again. Missing and changing the subject. I fact, you
can't say what the law means or the consequences of it.
You just want some attention.
...damn red-bellied Brit's!
http://d2fbmjy3x0sdua.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/yxTI-SqWrwZmGkkzH7gYckU_cMFA7l7r0uQfWN1MtkY/mtime:1422550238/sites/default/files/Red-bellied_Woodpecker_s52-11-365_l_1.jpg
Not very well named, since that isn't his belly that's red.
Are you fucked up Brits trolling the Yanks again - and with off topic posts,
too!? No other way for you to overcome your inferiority complex? <BG>
--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "intelligence" at work:
"Europeans are generally quite stupid, this is why the Brits hate the EU."
MID: <***@red.lan>
Terry Coombs
2017-07-15 12:44:41 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
He's just jealous , in GB they're not even allowed to carry a butter
knife . AIUI , they have to have "a good reason" to even purchase or own
any edged instrument . Pretty much reduced to tearing chunks from their
steak with their teeth . Next step will probably be banning forks , as
they too can be used to stab . Thus the formerly greatest empire on
earth is reduced to stone age manners . That can happen here too if we
let them take away our guns ...

Snag
Bod
2017-07-15 12:52:01 UTC
Post by Terry Coombs
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
[...]
We can legally carry a 3" knife as long as it is not the locking type.
Why would anyone other than a thug carry anything longer.
Oren
2017-07-15 17:36:23 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Terry Coombs
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
[...]
To cut stuff and bleed it out. Be a hog, cow, deer or a street thug.

If the thug has a bigger knife I'd just shoot the sum beach!
rbowman
2017-07-15 17:43:52 UTC
Post by Bod
We can legally carry a 3" knife as long as it is not the locking type.
Why would anyone other than a thug carry anything longer.
So I'm a thug? My EDC knife is a little longer than 3" and it locks.
Even my EDC in high school was similar. I'd have to go back to my Boy
Scout knife but even that had a liner lock. I have a bunch of knives
around here but I don't think I could come up with a folder that doesn't
lock.
Bod
2017-07-15 18:17:35 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by Bod
We can legally carry a 3" knife as long as it is not the locking type.
Why would anyone other than a thug carry anything longer.
So I'm a thug? My EDC knife is a little longer than 3" and it locks.
Even my EDC in high school was similar. I'd have to go back to my Boy
Scout knife but even that had a liner lock. I have a bunch of knives
around here but I don't think I could come up with a folder that doesn't
lock.
Yes I've got some longer lock knives, but I would never dream of
carrying one around with me though.
rbowman
2017-07-15 18:46:18 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by rbowman
Post by Bod
We can legally carry a 3" knife as long as it is not the locking type.
Why would anyone other than a thug carry anything longer.
So I'm a thug? My EDC knife is a little longer than 3" and it locks.
Even my EDC in high school was similar. I'd have to go back to my Boy
Scout knife but even that had a liner lock. I have a bunch of knives
around here but I don't think I could come up with a folder that
doesn't lock.
Yes I've got some longer lock knives, but I would never dream of
carrying one around with me though.
Otoh, I have rarely been without a knife on my person for the last 60
years or so. The exceptions have been on flights where I know I will be
scrutinized by the TSA goons. I did go to a concert last year where I
had to leave my knife in my saddlebags. I will not be returning to that
venue. The acoustics sucked anyway.

The models with pocket clips have become very popular and judging by the
numbers of clips I see every day I'm not the only person who never
leaves home without a knife.

"Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without."

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/havamal.html

It's that I-M253 Y chromosome I carry... All that 'turn the other cheek'
from the White Christ stuff never took.
Oren
2017-07-15 19:22:23 UTC
Post by Bod
Yes I've got some longer lock knives, but I would never dream of
carrying one around with me though.
... yep. Even on a camping trip. You must love being regulated by
your queen?
g***@aol.com
2017-07-15 19:36:20 UTC
Post by Bod
Yes I've got some longer lock knives, but I would never dream of
carrying one around with me though.
Why would you want a knife that doesn't lock? Do you enjoy them
folding back on your fingers?
This is my everyday knife, not exactly a sword but it does lock back.
Will I be arrested in the UK for having it?

Tekkie®
2017-07-15 20:25:25 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Yes I've got some longer lock knives, but I would never dream of
carrying one around with me though.
Why would you want a knife that doesn't lock? Do you enjoy them
folding back on your fingers?
This is my everyday knife, not exactly a sword but it does lock back.
Will I be arrested in the UK for having it?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/keychain.jpg
I see your pix but cannot determine the knife. What manufacturer % model?

I have always carried Benchmade autos. It hard to open a knife with gloves
on.

The Infidel is a well known model that I don't particularly like.
Tekkie
g***@aol.com
https://www.buckknives.com/product/minibuck-knife/0425FAM01/
g***@aol.com
2017-07-15 20:36:06 UTC
You can learn to "flip" most lock back knives.
Mike Jones
2017-07-15 18:56:09 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by Bod
We can legally carry a 3" knife as long as it is not the locking type.
Why would anyone other than a thug carry anything longer.
So I'm a thug? My EDC knife is a little longer than 3" and it locks.
Even my EDC in high school was similar. I'd have to go back to my Boy
Scout knife but even that had a liner lock. I have a bunch of knives
around here but I don't think I could come up with a folder that doesn't
lock.
**** This new addition to Texas law is House Bill 1935.
It can be found at https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB1935/id/1624843

It removes all restrictions on knives under 5 1/2 inches and classifies
knives (swords, etc) that are OVER 5 1/2 inches as "location restricted".

The law specifies the locations where these knives cannot be carried.
Any other place is OK....

You can google the phrase "Texas House Bill 1935" to see the links
discussing the new law....
Oren
2017-07-15 19:13:33 UTC
Big Deal. Texans can carry a sword.
Tekkie®
2017-07-15 19:07:14 UTC
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...
Post by Terry Coombs
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
Are their teeth good enough to do this?
Tekkie
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:08:10 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Did you comprehend the article? It actually explained the purpose of
the law.
Indeed I did.
What did you come up with, son? Your question is moot.
What do you mean "what did you come up with, son"?
That doesn't appear to make sense.
What was your inference of the law. Tell the class the pro & cons of
the law. Son!
Are you even older than Bod?
Reticulating splines....
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:51:26 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:08:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Oren
What was your inference of the law. Tell the class the pro & cons of
the law. Son!
Are you even older than Bod?
You are certainly dumber than anyone here, Birdbrain!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about his driving habits (no.2):
"Now you see, the proper way to soak somebody is to aim for the puddle from
MID: <***@red.lan>
g***@aol.com
2017-07-13 18:07:42 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Did you comprehend the article? It actually explained the purpose of
the law.
Indeed I did.
What did you come up with, son? Your question is moot.
I never saw the link and a search came up empty. I did get links to
the Texas law and it seems far more restrictive than I would expect
from them. They even outlaw the knife named for a Texas legend Jim
Bowie.
I guess they are saying "don't be a pussy, buy a gun"
Bod
Lol.
Frank
I did not see it either. Think I blocked OP. Maybe he's a block head.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:32:19 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
You blocked the OP but still see replies to him? You should get your money back on that killfile. If I killfile someone, I never see them again, ever.
Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:51:30 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:32:19 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Frank
I did not see it either. Think I blocked OP. Maybe he's a block head.
You blocked the OP but still see replies to him? You should get your
money back on that killfile. If I killfile someone, I never see them
again, ever.
Still going on with your old idiocies, Birdbrain? Well, in that case I will
keep going on exposing you for the abnormal blathering idiot that you are!
LOL
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mathematics":
MID: <***@red.lan>
Frank
2017-07-14 19:07:46 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
I'm still learning to block better. Probably did not include block
thread and block sub-thread but do now.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 19:32:11 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
I'm also surprised somebody would block Bod but not me. I'm usually the one in everybody's killfile.
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my Uncle Bob. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
The Peeler
2017-07-14 19:45:07 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:32:11 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Frank
I'm still learning to block better. Probably did not include block
thread and block sub-thread but do now.
I'm also surprised somebody would block Bod but not me. I'm usually the
one in everybody's killfile.
Of course, he's on the same "intellectual" level as you, Birdbrain ...to put
it VERY mildly.
--
***@gmail.com asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"
MID: <58ddfad5-d9a5-4031-b91f-***@googlegroups.com>
Frank
2017-07-14 21:16:05 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
I don't recall why I blocked him. Maybe because he downs everything the
US does. You certainly don't. I will also block anyone whether I agree
with them or not that is constantly off topic. The Colonel comes to mind.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 21:19:48 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by Oren
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
--
Q: What's the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding?
A: One less drunk.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 21:29:28 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Frank
I don't recall why I blocked him. Maybe because he downs everything the
US does. You certainly don't. I will also block anyone whether I agree
with them or not that is constantly off topic. The Colonel comes to mind.
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only
thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
The point is, he instinctively feels close to you because of your idiocy,
Birdbrain! ;-)
MID: <***@red.lan>
g***@aol.com
2017-07-14 22:39:01 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
That would be left turn on red for you.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 22:53:05 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
--
"It was reported last week that a citizen's group is trying to remove porn channels from hotels across the country."
"The group is called the Coalition of People Who Want to Ruin Everything."
The Peeler
2017-07-14 23:10:34 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:53:05 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by g***@aol.com
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
Driveling idiot! <tsk>
--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
world:
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
g***@aol.com
Just tell them that you from out of town ;-)
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 23:36:01 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
Just tell them that you from out of town ;-)
Does that work? I thought you lot could be arrested simply by crossing a state line.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 23:39:06 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 00:36:01 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by g***@aol.com
Just tell them that you from out of town ;-)
Does that work? I thought you lot could be arrested simply by crossing a state line.
And the filthy Scottish attention whore sets out her prmitive baits again!
<tsk>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) pathological
"thinking":
MID: <***@red.lan>
g***@aol.com
Only if you are black ;-)
Cindy Hamilton
2017-07-15 12:46:40 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
Come to Michigan. There are circumstances under which you can turn
left on red:

<http://www.michiganautolaw.com/blog/2013/06/20/can-a-driver-legally-turn-left-on-a-red-light-in-michigan/>

Cindy Hamilton
Bod
2017-07-15 12:53:22 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
Come to Michigan. There are circumstances under which you can turn
<http://www.michiganautolaw.com/blog/2013/06/20/can-a-driver-legally-turn-left-on-a-red-light-in-michigan/>
Cindy Hamilton
I'm pretty sure I did just that in St Petersburg Florida when I was over
there.
Stormin' Norman
2017-07-15 12:58:57 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:19:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I certainly don't!? I'm always making fun of the Americans. The only thing I can think of offhand that I agree with is "turn right on red".
That would be left turn on red for you.
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
Come to Michigan. There are circumstances under which you can turn
<http://www.michiganautolaw.com/blog/2013/06/20/can-a-driver-legally-turn-left-on-a-red-light-in-michigan/>
Cindy Hamilton
I'm pretty sure I did just that in St Petersburg Florida when I was over
there.
37 states and Puerto Rico allow left turns on red only if both the
origin and destination streets are one way. Five other states –
Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington – also allow left
turns on red into a one-way street from a two-way street.
Bod
Ok, thanks.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-15 19:43:10 UTC
Post by Stormin' Norman
Post by Stormin' Norman
there.
37 states and Puerto Rico allow left turns on red only if both the
origin and destination streets are one way. Five other states =E2=80=93=
Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington =E2=80=93 also allow l=
eft
Post by Stormin' Norman
turns on red into a one-way street from a two-way street.
That's asking for trouble because people will forget when you're allowed=
to do so. The lights should be made like they are in the UK. If you'r=
e allowed to turn a certain way, then you get a green lit arrow pointing=
that way, while the red circular light is still lit for the rest of the=
traffic.

-- =

When I was in the pub I heard a couple of plonkas saying that they would=
n't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman. What a =
pair of sexists. I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody=
thing!
Stormin' Norman
2017-07-15 20:08:39 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:43:10 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by Stormin' Norman
37 states and Puerto Rico allow left turns on red only if both the
origin and destination streets are one way. Five other states –
Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington – also allow left
turns on red into a one-way street from a two-way street.
That's asking for trouble because people will forget when you're allowed to do so. The lights should be made like they are in the UK. If you're allowed to turn a certain way, then you get a green lit arrow pointing that way, while the red circular light is still lit for the rest of the traffic.
I will be sure to share your opinions with everyone in the
nation......... ;-)
The Peeler
2017-07-15 20:17:22 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:43:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Stormin' Norman
37 states and Puerto Rico allow left turns on red only if both the
origin and destination streets are one way. Five other states –
Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington – also allow left
turns on red into a one-way street from a two-way street.
That's asking for trouble because people will forget when you're allowed
to do so.
If they are idiots like you, yes, Birdbrain!
--
More of wanker Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
sociopathic "mind":
MID: <***@red.lan>
g***@aol.com
2017-07-15 20:18:01 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:43:10 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
That's asking for trouble because people will forget when you're allowed to do so. The lights should be made like they are in the UK. If you're allowed to turn a certain way, then you get a green lit arrow pointing that way, while the red circular light is still lit for the rest of the traffic.
I suppose that is the difference. In the US we trust the driver to
have a little judgement. On a right turn on red situation, the
oncoming cars still see a green light. You have to treat the red as a
stop sign and only proceed when it is clear.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-15 20:45:43 UTC
Post by Stormin' Norman
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:43:10 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
That's asking for trouble because people will forget when you're allowed to do so. The lights should be made like they are in the UK. If you're allowed to turn a certain way, then you get a green lit arrow pointing that way, while the red circular light is still lit for the rest of the traffic.
I suppose that is the difference. In the US we trust the driver to
have a little judgement. On a right turn on red situation, the
oncoming cars still see a green light. You have to treat the red as a
stop sign and only proceed when it is clear.
Whereas in the UK, sometimes you have a junction where it's green, but you still have to wait until it's clear. For example (and I've changed right to left so it makes sense in America), a main road with two side streets, which we call a crossroads. I want to turn left off the main road, and cars are coming the opposite way straight ahead. Both directions on the main road are green. The red lights are only on the side roads at the moment. But I have to give way (yield) to oncoming traffic.
--
Billy bashed bandy Brian's bollocks because bandy Brian broke Billy's big brown blowup boy before breakfast began.
Bigtits Beryl bit Barry's boner because Barry banged black Barbara's bare bruised bottom beside Brighton beach's battered blue bandstand.
Tekkie®
2017-07-15 19:04:33 UTC
James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
No, if I went to America I'd still not be allowed to turn left on red.
You can if you are turning from a one way street to another one way street
that runs to the left.
Tekkie
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-15 19:36:24 UTC
.
Post by Tekkie®
You can if you are turning from a one way street to another one way st=
reet
Post by Tekkie®
that runs to the left.
Trying to understand that with the cars on the opposite side of the road=
without drawing a diagram is rather difficult. Ever watched one of tho=
se "stupid drivers" videos on Youtube where they're driving on the other=
side to your own country, and tried to work out who's at fault? Yet i=
f I go to somewhere that drives on the other side (like France, 5 times)=
, I have no problem driving correctly as second nature.

-- =

If you think people aren't creative, watch them try to re-fold a roadmap=
.
The Peeler
2017-07-15 20:18:27 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:36:24 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the sick idiot's sick BLATHER>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Why is the soup talking to itself?"
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
Sounds like you are a blockhead! LOL
Bod
2017-07-15 07:16:49 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
I never saw the link and a search came up empty. I did get links to
the Texas law and it seems far more restrictive than I would expect
from them. They even outlaw the knife named for a Texas legend Jim
Bowie.
I guess they are saying "don't be a pussy, buy a gun"
I did not see it either. Think I blocked OP. Maybe he's a block head.
You blocked the OP but still see replies to him? You should get your
money back on that killfile. If I killfile someone, I never see them
again, ever.
I'm still learning to block better. Probably did not include block
thread and block sub-thread but do now.
I'm also surprised somebody would block Bod but not me. I'm usually the
one in everybody's killfile.
Indeed, Frank is very strange. You constantly say how stupid Americans
are, but I've stated several times that I found Americans very friendly
when I popped over there.
My stay in St Petersburgh and Memphis was most enjoyable.
Frank has his wires crossed.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-15 13:30:57 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by g***@aol.com
[...]
I like America, it's just a shame there's Americans in it.
--
Researchers have recently unearthed the text of the first transcontinental telegraph message. Reportedly, it reads
ENLARGE YOUR MALE MEMBER STOP GUARANTEED RESULTS STOP ...
The Peeler
2017-07-15 15:27:17 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:30:57 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Bod
Indeed, Frank is very strange. You constantly say how stupid Americans
are, but I've stated several times that I found Americans very friendly
when I popped over there.
My stay in St Petersburgh and Memphis was most enjoyable.
Frank has his wires crossed.
I like America, it's just a shame there's Americans in it.
The real shame is that the Brits harbour idiots like you and even allow you
to run around freely when everybody feels you should be institutionalized!
--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" at work:
"If you need a speed limit sign to tell you how fast is safe to drive on a
MID: <***@red.lan>
g***@aol.com
Perhaps that is why nobody thought it was worth being illegal.
Bod
Ok.
Cindy Hamilton
2017-07-13 19:12:59 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
It's not really about swords. Swords just make for interesting
newspaper headlines. Who wants to read an article headlined
"New Texas law allows people to carry knives > 5.5 inches in
public"? They'll get a lot more clicks with "swords".

Cindy Hamilton
Bod
Ha, very good point.
g***@aol.com
2017-07-13 21:21:03 UTC
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:12:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
It's not really about swords. Swords just make for interesting
newspaper headlines. Who wants to read an article headlined
"New Texas law allows people to carry knives > 5.5 inches in
public"? They'll get a lot more clicks with "swords".
Cindy Hamilton
The links I found pointed to the old law and I was surprised at
everything that was illegal ... for Texas.
It read more like I would expect in New York City.
OTOH Florida is a pretty knife friendly state. The only thing that is
clearly illegal is a ballistic knife (something that actually shoots a
blade down range) No I have never seen anything like that.
rbowman
2017-07-14 02:46:34 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
The links I found pointed to the old law and I was surprised at
everything that was illegal ... for Texas.
It read more like I would expect in New York City.
Texas hired an excellent PR firm a long time ago. It's more like Indiana
South than the wild west image it would like to project. It's like the
Alamo. Any photos have to be very carefully framed or photoshopped so
you don't realize it's in downtown San Antonio a short stroll from the
tourist traps along the river.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:08:40 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
[...]
Those sound fun to use.
Life is a sexually transmitted terminal condition.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:51:44 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:08:40 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Those sound fun to use.
You certainly are fun to abuse, you sociopathic attention whore! LOL
Bob F
2017-07-14 16:57:54 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Years ago when I was working in downtown Seattle, walking to lunch I
occasionally saw a big muscular guy, probably over 6 ft, wearing
sandels, shorts, and a broadsword hanging from his back with the handle
sticking up over his shoulder. Definitely not the norm.

I figured he wasn't likely to get mugged.
Bod
Lol.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:10:17 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Years ago when I was working in downtown Seattle, walking to lunch I
occasionally saw a big muscular guy, probably over 6 ft, wearing
sandels, shorts, and a broadsword hanging from his back with the handle
sticking up over his shoulder. Definitely not the norm.
I figured he wasn't likely to get mugged.
Like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262589916664
Yellatio: Really loud oral sex
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:51:48 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:10:17 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH idiot's bullshit>
MID: <***@red.lan>
Bob F
No, a lot less clothing, and no facial hair
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:07:02 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack you. And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
A group of white South Africans recently killed a black lawyer because he was black. That was wrong. They should have killed him because he was a lawyer.
Frank
2017-07-14 18:30:22 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack
you. And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
Thread reminded me of a favorite movie scene:

James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:52:45 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack
you. And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE
Allahlah!
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for this change to take effect.
Frank
2017-07-14 19:11:07 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack
you. And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE
Allahlah!
Story was that Harrison Ford was suffering from an upset stomach or
something that day that kept him from normal action so he suggested this
and it turned out to be one of the best scenes in the movie.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 19:31:33 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack
you. And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE
Allahlah!
Story was that Harrison Ford was suffering from an upset stomach or
something that day that kept him from normal action so he suggested this
and it turned out to be one of the best scenes in the movie.
Most good things (eg scientific advances) occur by accident.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 19:47:52 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:31:33 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Frank
Story was that Harrison Ford was suffering from an upset stomach or
something that day that kept him from normal action so he suggested this
and it turned out to be one of the best scenes in the movie.
Most good things (eg scientific advances) occur by accident.
Birdbrain, your entire existence is one big accident ...and you KNOW it!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"My IQ is superiour to that of most people".
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
Frank
I agree.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 21:30:02 UTC
You agree with a PRIZE idiot! But no surprise! LOL
Bob F
It wasn't nearly as good as "I'll have what she had".
The Peeler
2017-07-14 19:47:01 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Allahlah!
Story was that Harrison Ford was suffering from an upset stomach or
something that day that kept him from normal action so he suggested this
and it turned out to be one of the best scenes in the movie.
Yep, like I just said, you ARE on the same "intellectual level" as
Birdbrain! <BG>
The Peeler
2017-07-14 19:45:49 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:52:45 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Frank
http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE
Allahlah!
<BG> Yep, you ARE on the same level as Birdbrain!
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:51:54 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:07:02 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Bod
Fair enough, call me naive, but why on earth would someone want to walk
around with a sword!
Because 50% of Americans are off their trolley and one might attack you.
And of course the 50% who are nuts never get these swords....
Spreading your idiocy on all these groups again, poor attention whore? <G>
--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" in action:
"Pedestrians and cyclists get run over because they're stupid. They need to
MID: <***@red.lan>
micky
2017-07-14 04:33:50 UTC
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 02:35:07 -0400,
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
I got arrested for having a machete iln a suitcase in the back seat of
my car. He said it was a concealed weapon. I said the truth, that it
was in the suitcase so it didn't damage the upholstery, that there was
no one to conceal it from because it was 1AM in a rural part of the
highway and a car went by no more often than every 5 minutes.

Can you imagine, you drive along with a suitcase in the back seat, and
when someone cuts you off, you climb into the back seat (while
driving?), rip open the suitcase and pull out your machete!
rbowman
2017-07-14 05:09:10 UTC
Post by micky
I got arrested for having a machete iln a suitcase in the back seat of
my car. He said it was a concealed weapon. I said the truth, that it
was in the suitcase so it didn't damage the upholstery, that there was
no one to conceal it from because it was 1AM in a rural part of the
highway and a car went by no more often than every 5 minutes.
Okay, what's the rest of the story? Why was a cop going through your
suitcase at 1 AM?
Tekkie®
Tekkie
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-07-14 18:06:10 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
It surprises me that it was ever illegal.There are laws about
concealed weapons that cover sword canes but carrying large knives
openly has generally been legal anywhere but in some large urban
areas. A sword is just a large knife.
I got arrested for having a machete iln a suitcase in the back seat of
my car. He said it was a concealed weapon. I said the truth, that it
was in the suitcase so it didn't damage the upholstery, that there was
no one to conceal it from because it was 1AM in a rural part of the
highway and a car went by no more often than every 5 minutes.
Can you imagine, you drive along with a suitcase in the back seat, and
when someone cuts you off, you climb into the back seat (while
driving?), rip open the suitcase and pull out your machete!
Don't apply common sense to police. They're thick as fuck the whole world over.
Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.
The Peeler
2017-07-14 18:52:03 UTC
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:06:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by micky
Can you imagine, you drive along with a suitcase in the back seat, and
when someone cuts you off, you climb into the back seat (while
driving?), rip open the suitcase and pull out your machete!
Don't apply common sense to police. They're thick as fuck the whole world over.
We certainly don't apply it to you, you congenital idiot!
--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" about the
Queen:
MID: <***@red.lan>
Kurt V. Ullman
2017-07-13 14:08:53 UTC
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
There can be only one.
(So typical of today's youth.. bringing a sword to a gun fight.)
Bod
Lol.
rbowman
2017-07-13 14:16:36 UTC
How about spears?
Bod
2017-07-13 16:03:20 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by Bod
Hmm! will this encourage Texans to walk around with Samurai swords
etc.....<shudders>
How about spears?
Britney?