Coronavirus symptoms: Half of infected people show no signs of virus
Bod
2020-04-02 08:08:21 UTC
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91

Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
Bod
Tonja Harding
2020-04-02 09:59:52 UTC
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is that deadlier than the flu?

The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my neighbors to lose their jobs.
Bod
2020-04-02 12:02:09 UTC
Post by Tonja Harding
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is
that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
Because you could be infecting many people without knowing it. It's not
rocket science.
Bod
Grumpy Old White Guy
2020-04-02 12:48:42 UTC
Post by Tonja Harding
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my neighbors to lose their jobs.
Because you could be infecting many people without knowing it. It's not rocket science.
Yah, that happens with the flu.  No reason to declare a panic-demic.
Get off my lawn!
Bod
2020-04-02 13:25:16 UTC
Post by Grumpy Old White Guy
Post by Tonja Harding
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19
have no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How
is that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
Because you could be infecting many people without knowing it. It's not rocket science.
Yah, that happens with the flu.  No reason to declare a panic-demic.
So the whole world is wrong about it and you're the expert who knows
different. What's your qualifications?
Bod
Muggles
2020-04-02 14:16:23 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Tonja Harding
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is
that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
Because you could be infecting many people without knowing it. It's not
rocket science.
That's life ... anyone can be a carrier of a virus, not show symptoms,
and still be contagious. There's NOTHING you can do about that.
Maggie
Jim Joyce
2020-04-03 01:38:09 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Tonja Harding
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is
that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
Because you could be infecting many people without knowing it. It's not
rocket science.
That's life ...  anyone can be a carrier of a virus, not show symptoms,
and still be contagious. There's NOTHING you can do about that.
There is, and we are.
How do you know anything you're doing is preventing anyone from catching
a virus?
This is gonna make your head explode, but scientists discovered viruses
over a hundred years ago and between then and now they've gotten pretty
good at how to deal with them, in general terms. This one is new and has a
few tricks of its own, but it's still a virus.

Did you think this was the first virus ever encountered by humans?
Ed Pawlowski
2020-04-02 13:32:38 UTC
Post by Tonja Harding
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is
that deadlier than the flu?
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
You really have not paid attention have you?
Easier to spread
Symptoms worse
More frequent hospitalizations
Longer hospitalizations

Oh, never mind, you don't want to understand with a closed mind.
trader_4
2020-04-02 15:47:21 UTC
Post by Tonja Harding
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
It has nothing to do with the death rate. Look at the death rate, the
hospitals being overwhelmed. Geez.
Bob F
2020-04-02 20:44:35 UTC
Post by trader_4
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
It has nothing to do with the death rate. Look at the death rate, the
hospitals being overwhelmed. Geez.
And all the injured or otherwise people that won't be able to get
medical care they need, and thus may die.
Ed Pawlowski
2020-04-03 00:11:44 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Bod
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
It has nothing to do with the death rate. Look at the death rate, the
hospitals being overwhelmed. Geez.
The hospitals will deal with it .. That's their job.
Wow. Yes, it is their job but you sound like it is simple when you have
many more sick people than beds. I watched the 1918 flu documentary
where they showed kids sleeping on the floor waiting for someone to die
so they get a bed.
Muggles
2020-04-03 01:30:39 UTC
Post by Bod
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
It has nothing to do with the death rate.  Look at the death rate, the
hospitals being overwhelmed.   Geez.
The hospitals will deal with it .. That's their job.
Wow.  Yes, it is their job but you sound like it is simple when you have
many more sick people than beds.  I watched the 1918 flu documentary
where they showed kids sleeping on the floor waiting for someone to die
so they get a bed.
Again .. it's THEIR job. They will figure it out and deal with it.
It's not like they haven't had challenges before. They figured out
those issues, too, and dealt with it. I'm not a medical person, medical
employee, or trained in the medical field. THEY ARE trained to deal with
treating illness, dying, death.
Maggie
Bob F
2020-04-02 20:28:32 UTC
Post by Tonja Harding
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
So I'll most likely get the China Virus and not know I have it. How is
that deadlier than the flu?
You will spread it around more because you don't know.
Post by Tonja Harding
The only thing different is that the China Virus caused some of my
neighbors to lose their jobs.
And trump is saying that only 100,000 dead will prove what a good job
he's doing. It may end up 100-240,000
Dean Hoffman
2020-04-02 10:38:10 UTC
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
There are four here that killed a bunch of people.
<https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html>

"From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8
million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations
(range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the
United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus."

I didn't remember that. Or go back to 1968. That wasn't a good
year. Vietnam with the Tet Offensive.
We didn't shut down the country. Are we spoiled and have life so good
that we don't know how to face adversity? Overreacting? Doing more
harm than good by shutting down?
I work for a farm related business and we mostly work solo and
outside. It isn't hard to maintain six foot clearance when we are in
the office/shop. The chances of the place closing because of the virus
are virtually nil.
micky
2020-04-02 12:43:41 UTC
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 2 Apr 2020 05:38:10 -0500, Dean Hoffman
Post by Dean Hoffman
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
There are four here that killed a bunch of people.
<https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html>
"From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8
million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations
(range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the
United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus."
I didn't remember that. Or go back to 1968. That wasn't a good
year. Vietnam with the Tet Offensive.
Was the Tet Offensive contagious? In the USA.
Post by Dean Hoffman
We didn't shut down the country. Are we spoiled and have life so good
that we don't know how to face adversity? Overreacting? Doing more
harm than good by shutting down?
You don't address the problems that it is contagious; that it is
contagious when the sick person has no symptoms, far more than H1N1 was;
and that there is no cure, when iiuc the H1N1 was a flu and a vaccine
could be developed rather quickly based on other flue vaccines.

They only have hopes they can make a corona vaccine.
Glad to hear it.
Dean Hoffman
2020-04-02 22:54:38 UTC
Post by Dean Hoffman
Post by Bod
[...]
It led to a lot of demonstrations if I remember right.
Post by micky
Post by Dean Hoffman
We didn't shut down the country. Are we spoiled and have life so good
that we don't know how to face adversity? Overreacting? Doing more
harm than good by shutting down?
You don't address the problems that it is contagious; that it is
contagious when the sick person has no symptoms, far more than H1N1 was;
and that there is no cure, when iiuc the H1N1 was a flu and a vaccine
could be developed rather quickly based on other flue vaccines.
There is hope:

<https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/this-is-the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-pandemic-dr-stephen-smith-announces-hydroxy-choloroquine-study-that-is-game-changer-in-battle-against-coronavirus-video/>
Post by Dean Hoffman
I work for a farm related business and we mostly work solo and
outside. It isn't hard to maintain six foot clearance when we are in
the office/shop. The chances of the place closing because of the virus
are virtually nil.
Glad to hear it.
I'm very fortunate. I stumbled into a line of work years ago
that kept me going almost my entire working life.
trader_4
2020-04-02 15:50:37 UTC
Post by Dean Hoffman
Post by Bod
[...]
You're comparing the deaths from a whole, complete, H1N1 season to Covid
which has only just begun. We already have 4K dead and it's accelerating.
It will exceed the 17K H1N1 in less than a week.
are virtually nil.
Bob F
And trump is saying that 100,000 dead will prove what a good job he's doing.
Dean Hoffman
2020-04-03 01:05:41 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Dean Hoffman
Post by Bod
[...]
Oh, ok. I think it was the New York governor who said
something like it's all worth it if it saves one life. I bet a lot of
people would disagree. A week or two of disrupted life and plenty
would say screw it, let's roll the dice.
trader_4
2020-04-02 21:41:56 UTC
Post by Bod
New research shows that half of the people infected with COVID-19 have
no symptoms and could be responsible for spreading the virus.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-symptoms-half-of-infected-people-show-no-signs-of-virus/news-story/8557a0b5e5142a3a6cb9b5f926ea6e91
Just one of the facts that makes Covid-19 far deadlier than the flu.
If we had simply isolated the weak and old, then let this thing run
it's course through the young and healthy, 80% of the population would
be over it by now
Which again is to deny the awful truth, the experiences, the deaths of the
large number of people who are not weak or old. Trumptard thinking at it's
worst. And there is no way 80% would be over it by now, it's just beginning.
What would be over would be hospitalization for all the sick, there would
not be capacity. Funny that if the Fretwell let her rip strategy is so
sound, not one country has taken that route.

and we could concentrate on the 20% with relative
impunity from the herd. You would also have the working people back at
work. By flattening the curve, you have simply dragged this thing out
for a year or more.
We avoided 2.2 mil dead and the economy would be in pretty much the same
position anyway, unless you think people are going out to eat, to baseball
games, taking flights, while they watch people suffer awful deaths, dropping
around them.