Ex-astronaut: Trump's plan for a Space Force 'redundant,' 'wasteful'
Bod
2018-08-10 06:48:23 UTC
Kelly, who participated in several NASA missions to the International
Space Station, said during an interview Thursday on MSNBC that Trump is
the only person who thinks a "Space Force" is a good idea.

"The only person that I’ve heard say this is a fantastic idea is the
commander in chief, the president of the United States," Kelly said.
"Everybody else says it’s redundant, it's wasteful."

"There is a threat out there," he added, "but it's being handled by the
U.S. Air Force today, doesn't make sense to build a whole other level of
bureaucracy in an incredibly bureaucratic [Defense Department]," he added.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/401138-ex-astronaut-on-space-force-trump-is-the-only-person-who-thinks-this-is-a-good
Bod
a***@yahoo.com
2018-08-10 10:37:05 UTC
Post by Bod
Kelly, who participated in several NASA missions to the International
Space Station, said during an interview Thursday on MSNBC that Trump is
the only person who thinks a "Space Force" is a good idea.
"The only person that I’ve heard say this is a fantastic idea is the
commander in chief, the president of the United States," Kelly said.
"Everybody else says it’s redundant, it's wasteful."
"There is a threat out there," he added, "but it's being handled by the
U.S. Air Force today, doesn't make sense to build a whole other level of
bureaucracy in an incredibly bureaucratic [Defense Department]," he added.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/401138-ex-astronaut-on-space-force-trump-is-the-only-person-who-thinks-this-is-a-good
--
Bod
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.

Cindy Hamilton
trader_4
2018-08-10 13:13:17 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.
Cindy Hamilton
The problem I have is that Trump just gave up the moral high ground. He
announced that it's the USA that's declared it's creating a militar
Space Force with the intention to put offensive
weapons in space. That is simply stunning and I'm quite surprised this
has not gotten more coverage. Here we have the USA now behaving like the
old USSR. Imagine our reaction, the reaction of the world, if Russia
or China had just made this announcement.

Whatever happens from here, our enemies now have cover to do whatever they
please while pointing to the USA as the country that started the
militarization of space. And history has the videos of Trump, what he
said, showing he did it in the name of our country.

I have no problem if Trump wants to spend more money on research on
military applications for space. Russia is doing it, we're doing it.
But what he just did, position the USA as the aggressor, leading
the militarization of space, is contrary to everything this country
should stand for. It's based solely in Trump's juvenile like behavior,
having to be the school yard bully again. It's a good thing he wasn't
president when we landed on the moon. I'm sure he would have claimed
it as property of the USA and announced plans to militarize it.

But there is hope here, if the Democrats take the House, a lot of this
nonsense will never come to be. Congress would have to approve his
Space Force, good luck with that. But the damage is already done, the
Russians and Chinese are already evaluating what to do. Another interesting
aspect, how smart is this while he's still claiming he has peace and
denuclearization with NK? He's telling us KJU is denuclearizing while
Trump is now extending war to space? Good grief, Tillerson is right,
he's a f**** moron.
Oren
2018-08-10 14:16:52 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.
Cindy Hamilton
You haven't thought this through and brought it to a logical
conclusion, huh?

Combining the Air Force Space Command and Intel agencies' resources is
logical. National Security.100's of billions invested, billions in
commercial commerce annually..., etc.

Here, from the NASA Administrator.

<http://video.foxnews.com/v/5820447621001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips>
Uncle Monster
2018-08-10 18:53:16 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.
Cindy Hamilton
You haven't thought this through and brought it to a logical
conclusion, huh?
Combining the Air Force Space Command and Intel agencies' resources is
logical. National Security.100's of billions invested, billions in
commercial commerce annually..., etc.
Here, from the NASA Administrator.
<http://video.foxnews.com/v/5820447621001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips>
Most people are clueless when it comes to knowing about the incredible array of military and other government satellites The United States has in orbit. It's getting crowded(relatively) up there and there is real concern about satellite collisions. Most commercial operators will deorbit a satellite at the end of its useful life. I'm not sure about the military because I think some of their top-secret tech could survive a reentry and not burn up. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Orbiting Monster
a***@yahoo.com
2018-08-10 19:14:42 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
I'm not one of the clueless ones. Satellites are bread-and-butter for more
than one of my employer's customers.

Cindy Hamilton
Uncle Monster
2018-08-12 01:24:26 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
I'd be interested in reading your account of it as long as it's not classified a government secret or a business secret. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
a***@yahoo.com
2018-08-12 11:30:32 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have any details about any satellites.

Cindy Hamilton
Uncle Monster
2018-08-12 14:17:13 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
I may disagree with you in some areas but I don't wish to see any harm come to you. Be safe. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Orbiting Monster
Frank
I wish her well too and hope she grows a third brain cell.
Uncle Monster
2018-08-12 16:04:40 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
Hey, I don't consider people of a Liberal bent to be stupid, just misguided. I never call them stupid because of what they believe but sometimes they may do stupid things and that really disappoints me. I don't know why people with a difference of opinion can't be civil to each other but I do have fun tweaking the noses of rabid Liberal/Leftists Freaks because they're just too much fun to frak with. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tweaking Monster
trader_4
2018-08-12 16:08:19 UTC
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Frank
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
Why don't you ask the one you suport and defend, Dear Leader Trump, about that?
His incivility obviously doesn't bother you.
Uncle Monster
2018-08-12 16:15:09 UTC
Post by trader_4
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Frank
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Uncle Monster
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
Why don't you butt out and take you Liberal Leftist insanity with you when the conversation isn't directed at you? Go find your Messiah Obama, place your lips on his hindquarters, create a vacuum then pull away smartly making a loud smacking sound in the process. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster
a***@yahoo.com
2018-08-12 11:27:20 UTC
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.
Cindy Hamilton
You haven't thought this through and brought it to a logical
conclusion, huh?
Combining the Air Force Space Command and Intel agencies' resources is
logical. National Security.100's of billions invested, billions in
commercial commerce annually..., etc.
Here, from the NASA Administrator.
<http://video.foxnews.com/v/5820447621001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips>
I don't do videos. Do you have a link to something I could read?

We don't need a sixth branch of the military with duplicate infrastructure.
I thought you were a conservative.

Cindy Hamilton
Oren
2018-08-12 18:11:27 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Oren
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it's an idea whose time
has not yet come. Trump just wants something else with his name on it.
Cindy Hamilton
You haven't thought this through and brought it to a logical
conclusion, huh?
Combining the Air Force Space Command and Intel agencies' resources is
logical. National Security.100's of billions invested, billions in
commercial commerce annually..., etc.
Here, from the NASA Administrator.
<http://video.foxnews.com/v/5820447621001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips>
I don't do videos. Do you have a link to something I could read?
We don't need a sixth branch of the military with duplicate infrastructure.
I thought you were a conservative.
Cindy Hamilton
If you can't watch less than 3 minutes of a video, I'll not
spoon-feed you. What was said. Do your own research.

You claimed " Trump just wants something else with his name on it".

What is in your water up there?

BurfordTJustice