UK electric service
Mary Poppins
2018-05-16 20:14:37 UTC
Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife" would have us believe.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whirlpool-fridge-model-declared-safe-110056748.html
Bod
2018-05-17 05:12:56 UTC
Post by Mary Poppins
Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife" would have us believe.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whirlpool-fridge-model-declared-safe-110056748.html
Erm, Whirlpool is an American company.
Bod
g***@aol.com
2018-05-17 06:04:12 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife" would have us believe.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whirlpool-fridge-model-declared-safe-110056748.html
Erm, Whirlpool is an American company.
It doesn't sound like the fridge caused the problem.

Even if it was a "Hotpoint" ;-)

The article says they are looking at the construction and maintenance
of the building now. In the US a multifamily dwelling like that would
have required fire stopping between units and sprinklers. I bet we
still have old ones built before modern regulations that don't tho.
My wife is building a 4 unit building now and the fire containment and
suppression is impressive.
Bod
2018-05-17 06:15:23 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife" would have us believe.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whirlpool-fridge-model-declared-safe-110056748.html
Erm, Whirlpool is an American company.
It doesn't sound like the fridge caused the problem.
Even if it was a "Hotpoint" ;-)
The article says they are looking at the construction and maintenance
of the building now. In the US a multifamily dwelling like that would
have required fire stopping between units and sprinklers. I bet we
still have old ones built before modern regulations that don't tho.
My wife is building a 4 unit building now and the fire containment and
suppression is impressive.
Whirlpool tumble dryers still 'catch fire' despite modifications to make ...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/.../whirlpool-tumble-dryer-fire-bbc-one-watchdog-live...
25 Apr 2018 - WHIRLPOOL tumble dryers that have been modified or
replaced by the company for safety reasons may still be at risk of
catching fire.
Bod
Bod
2018-05-17 06:18:03 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
[...]
BTW.... Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda are all owned by the same company.

The Whirlpool group owns Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchenaid, with many of
the appliances being made in the same factories.5 Jun 2012
Who Really Makes Your Washing Machine ? | Hubys Domestic ...
hubys.co.uk/news-information/2/who-really-makes-your-washing-machine
Bod
Bod
Bod
Bod
2018-05-17 06:26:12 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
[...]
More info for you:

Whirlpool condensers and vented tumble dryers sold under the brands
Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Swan and Proline and manufactured over an
11-year period between April 2004 and September 2015 present a fire
risk. An estimated 5.3 million tumble dryers were bought in the UK over
the time period.

Whirlpool Corporation - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool_Corporation
Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-05-17 12:07:35 UTC
Posting over and over to yourself makes you a fucking dole whore LUZER

"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 17/05/2018 07:22, Bod wrote:
: > On 17/05/2018 07:18, Bod wrote:
: >> On 17/05/2018 07:15, Bod wrote:
: >>> On 17/05/2018 07:04, ***@aol.com wrote:
: >>>> On Thu, 17 May 2018 06:12:56 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: >>>>
: >>>>> On 16/05/2018 21:14, Mary Poppins wrote:
: >>>>>> Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife"
: >>>>>> would
: >>>>>> have us believe.
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>>
[...]
: >>>
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/.../whirlpool-tumble-dryer-fire-bbc-one-watchdog-live...
: >>>
: >>> 25 Apr 2018 - WHIRLPOOL tumble dryers that have been modified or
: >>> replaced by the company for safety reasons may still be at risk of
: >>> catching fire.
: >>>
: >> BTW.... Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda are all owned by the same company,
: >> ie: Whirlpool.
: >
: >> The Whirlpool group owns Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchenaid, with many
: >> of the appliances being made in the same factories.5 Jun 2012
: >> Who Really Makes Your Washing Machine ? | Hubys Domestic ...
: >> hubys.co.uk/news-information/2/who-really-makes-your-washing-machine
: >>
: >
: >
: More info for you:
:
: Whirlpool condensers and vented tumble dryers sold under the brands
: Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Swan and Proline and manufactured over an
: 11-year period between April 2004 and September 2015 present a fire
: risk. An estimated 5.3 million tumble dryers were bought in the UK over
: the time period.
: ?
:
: Whirlpool Corporation - Wikipedia
: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool_Corporation
: --
: Bod
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-05-17 12:20:54 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2018 08:07:35 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
Posting over and over to yourself makes you a fucking dole whore LUZER
You don't run this newsgroup.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

BurfordTJustice
2018-05-17 16:01:22 UTC
Like you he is still a Dole Whore LUZER,,,,

Deal with it.

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" <***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote in
message news:***@4ax.com...
: <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
:
: >Posting over and over to yourself makes you a fucking dole whore LUZER
:
: You don't run this newsgroup.
:
: Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
:
: --
: p-0.0-h the cat
:
: Internet Terrorist, Mass sock puppeteer, Agent provocateur, Gutter rat,
: Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, BaStarD hacker, Resident evil, Monkey
Boy,
: Certifiable criminal, Spineless cowardly scum, textbook Psychopath,
: the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll
infâme,
: the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers], lowlife
troll,
: shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple, sociopath, kook,
: smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile, snittish scumbag,
: liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, scouringerer, jumped up
chav,
: lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, the most complete ignoid, joker, and
furball.
:
: NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist
:
: Honorary SHYSTER and FRAUD awarded for services to Haberdashery.
: By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.
:
: Signature integrity check
: md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
:
: I mark any message from »Q« the troll as stinky
:
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-05-17 16:15:24 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2018 12:01:22 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
Like you he is still a Dole Whore LUZER,,,,
Deal with it.
I'm not sure what a "Dole Whore LUZER" is but, and I'm only guessing, I
suspect I'm not one. If you would care to define the term I will
endeavour to clarify and deal with it as you ask. I know you are busy
sitting there in your basement getting all frothed up about stuff so I
will in this instance attempt to help you out as I really think we
should sort this out so we can establish where your rightful place
should be in the pecking order around here.

g***@aol.com
2018-05-17 16:16:29 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
?
Whirlpool Corporation - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool_Corporation
What does that have to do with the fire you referenced?

I am very familiar with who Whirlpool is.
BurfordTJustice
2018-05-17 19:27:43 UTC
Nothing bod is ducking for cover..

<***@aol.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
: On Thu, 17 May 2018 07:26:12 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
:
: >On 17/05/2018 07:22, Bod wrote:
: >> On 17/05/2018 07:18, Bod wrote:
: >>> On 17/05/2018 07:15, Bod wrote:
: >>>> On 17/05/2018 07:04, ***@aol.com wrote:
: >>>>> On Thu, 17 May 2018 06:12:56 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
: >>>>>
: >>>>>> On 16/05/2018 21:14, Mary Poppins wrote:
: >>>>>>> Apparently the UK electric service is not as safe as "the knife"
: >>>>>>> would
: >>>>>>> have us believe.
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>>
[...]
: >>> ie: Whirlpool.
: >>
: >>> The Whirlpool group owns Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchenaid, with many
: >>> of the appliances being made in the same factories.5 Jun 2012
: >>> Who Really Makes Your Washing Machine ? | Hubys Domestic ...
: >>> hubys.co.uk/news-information/2/who-really-makes-your-washing-machine
: >>>
: >>
: >>
: >More info for you:
: >
: >Whirlpool condensers and vented tumble dryers sold under the brands
: >Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Swan and Proline and manufactured over an
: >11-year period between April 2004 and September 2015 present a fire
: >risk. An estimated 5.3 million tumble dryers were bought in the UK over
: >the time period.
: >?
: >
BurfordTJustice
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
: Bod
Clare Snyder
2018-05-17 13:52:52 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
[...]
ANY tumble drier is at risk of fire if not properly maintainedand
kept clean. LInt is flamable. Period.
It is also very fine and intrusive, and it also builds up like felt in
ductwork - particularly that flexible shit many people think is
suitable for venting driers - but also metal ducting that is attached
with sheet metal screws (and if 1 is good,4 or5 is obetter - right??)

Driers are to be vented with aluminum or galvanized ductwork, joined
with aluminum duct sealing tape - nice smooth inner surface with
nothing to catch lint - and as short and straight a run toi the
outside as possible.

Also make sure the exit does not get plugged (many have a "screen" to
keep critters out - which definitely needs to be kept cleared.)
Bod
Bod
BurfordTJustice
: Bod
":"@.
2018-05-17 16:18:14 UTC
On 05/17/2018 12:09 PM, BurfordTJustice prefixed every line with a colon:

Why do it (BurfordTJustice) do that?

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:   :
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Tekkie®
2018-05-18 19:34:37 UTC
Clare Snyder posted for all of us...
Post by Clare Snyder
Post by Bod
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Bod
Post by Mary Poppins
[...]
My wife introduced me to the fact that dryer vents needed to be cleaned. I
never had one growing up and before I got into emergency services.
Tekkie
BurfordTJustice