Apparently...
Add Reply
micky
2024-05-18 05:55:30 UTC
Apparently..., vendors no longer call water-pump pliers water pump
pliers. Nor do they call them Channellock, even when they're made by
Channellock

Now they seem to call them tongue and groove pliers.

I don't like it, no sirree. Don't like it at all.

You'll probably tell me it's been true for decades.
unknown
2024-05-18 07:16:13 UTC
Post by micky
Apparently..., vendors no longer call water-pump pliers water pump
pliers. Nor do they call them Channellock, even when they're made by
Channellock
Channellock® is a registered trademark.

I think you can afford this prestigious German brand. You can buy them
from Amazon.com or Home Depot. They are really made in Germany:

Knipex
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Knipex+Cobra+pliers

https://www.homedepot.com/s/Knipex%20Cobra%20pliers
Post by micky
Now they seem to call them tongue and groove pliers.
"Tongue & groove" is the generic name for that kind of pliers.
Post by micky
I don't like it, no sirree. Don't like it at all.
Considering self-harm?
Yes.
Alexandria Ocrazyo-Vortex
2024-05-18 15:00:42 UTC
Post by micky
Apparently..., vendors no longer call water-pump pliers water pump
pliers. Nor do they call them Channellock, even when they're made by
Channellock
Now they seem to call them tongue and groove pliers.
I don't like it, no sirree. Don't like it at all.
You'll probably tell me it's been true for decades.
I have no need for water pump pliers.
My water pump is 100' down near the bottom of the well. I have the well
drilling company replace it as needed.
micky
2024-05-18 17:20:09 UTC
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 18 May 2024 11:00:42 -0400, Alexandria
Post by Alexandria Ocrazyo-Vortex
Post by micky
Apparently..., vendors no longer call water-pump pliers water pump
pliers.
Nor do they call them Channellock, even when they're made by
Channellock
Not quite right here. The google search called Channellock
tongue-and-groove, but the hardware vendor's ad just called them
Channellock straight pliers. That's good. At least we have some
stability in this world.

Well, sort of. Channelock calls them tongue-and-groove!!
https://shop.channellock.com/collections/pliers
Post by micky
Now they seem to call them tongue and groove pliers.
I don't like it, no sirree. Don't like it at all.
You'll probably tell me it's been true for decades.
I have no need for water pump pliers.
My water pump is 100' down near the bottom of the well. I have the well
drilling company replace it as needed.
You may not need them directly, but the well drilling company must need
really long ones.