Here's who's buying panic rooms and bullet-proof doors amid crime fears in NYC - and it's not who you'd think
Add Reply
useapen
2024-05-13 08:20:19 UTC
New Yorkers are fortifying their homes with panic rooms and bullet-proof
doors like never before over fears about crime, migrants and national
turmoil — and it’s not just the city’s elite partaking in the trend.

“Not every [customer] is an ultra-rich stockbroker — a lot of them are
just people, middle-class kind of people,” said Steve Humble, founder of
the home-defense contractor Creative Home Engineering.

“I’d say the pandemic really kicked off an uptick. Business was really
good throughout the pandemic time, and it really hasn’t slowed down,” said
Humble, who specializes in top-of-the-line secret doors disguised as
bookshelves, fireplaces, mirrors, blank walls and whatever else a client
can think of to conceal a safety room behind them.

He is one of numerous home-defense contractors who told The Post that the
past four years have been a boon for business, with New Yorkers from all
walks of life shelling out thousands of dollars to outfit their homes with
hidden rooms, bulletproof doors and a swath of other covert security
systems to keep the baddies at bay should they come knocking.

The driving force is a decline in New Yorkers’ sense of safety — assaults
in the Big Apple reached 28,000 for the first time on record last year —
and the perceptible shift toward volatile instability that many people
feel is ramping up across all of American society, Humble and others say.

“Whether it’s real or perceived. People feel like crime is up,” Humble
said, explaining he has installed “well over 100” doors in homes across
New York, with middle-class homes in Queens and the Bronx standing out.

David Vranicar, whose company Fortified and Ballistic Security specializes
in such things as bulletproof doors and windows, said New Yorkers from
less affluent parts of Queens and Brooklyn have been driving his business
in the city, too.

“Those are the people that actually need to stop bad guys from getting in
the house,” Vranicar said.

“[What] my clients have been expressing to me is we saw how quickly
society can break down during COVID,” he said. “So, what would happen if
something really drastic happened? I think everybody’s a little scared.”

While Humble specializes in concealing without-a-trace hidden safe rooms,
Vranicar’s defensive philosophy is focused on keeping the baddies moving
on by fortifying points of entry such as front doors and windows.

“What we want to do is say, ‘If the riot breaks out, can I be secured?’
And the reality is, even if it’s bad, and they’re banging on your door,
and they can’t get in, and it’s steel all the way around, they’re not
coming in. They’re just not, and they’ll move on,” he explained.

He said he also focuses on fortifying bedrooms where homeowners are most
likely to be at their most vulnerable — asleep — should trouble make its
way inside.

While Vranicar and Humble offer high-end custom projects — which can
quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars and more — both also said
they provide a line of products to fortify or conceal doors on more
conservative budgets.

Humble’s most affordable hidden door costs about $1,000, and though
Vranicar’s cheapest door starts around $6,000, he pointed out that
installing one such door on an apartment above ground level is going to
make the place as secure as it can be.

“In New York, if you could afford six-grand for a door, you’re pretty much
gonna be really safe,” Vranicar said.

Though both have outfitted the homes of celebrities and statesmen alike,
average New Yorkers have helped make the city one of their biggest markets
across the country, they said.

“There’s a lot of people in New York that are ordering the pre-designed
secret doors from us,” said Humble, noting that New York City is one of
his top three markets.

For not-so-average New Yorkers, there’s Bill Rigdon of Panic Room Builders
— who caters to clients with homes worth around $10 million at a minimum.

“The people below that can’t get their head around spending $50,000 for a
door,” Rigdon told The Post.

Rigdon builds panic rooms averaging between $100,000 and $200,000 — but
can quickly cost well above that. The rooms are equipped with a host of
defensive measures and life support such as food, water, plumbing, medical
equipment, power sources and communication systems.

Beyond ballistic doors that can stop AK-47 rounds and up, Rigdon’s panic
rooms can have electrified handles, smoke-screen launchers, concealed
nozzles for blasting dyed pepper spray at intruders and remotely
controlled robots or drones armed with shotgun shells.

As with Humble and Vranicar, the names and addresses of Ridgon’s clients
are all protected by strict non-disclosure agreements, but he said the
city has become “a different ballgame” with “1% of 1% customers” in recent
years.

“The migrant thing has got people brain-spun because they’re living in
their crystal palace out in the Hamptons and they have to drive through
the city. and they see this,” Rigdon said.

“In the city right now, it’s is the rampant crime, right? Political
unrest, which you see on the streets. And when these migrants started
going into town, you know, it’s broadcasts all over the news — my phone
blew up.”

Recent city headlines have been so alarming that Rigdon estimates about
90% of his Big Apple business right now comes from previous clients who
fear the instability — and potentially more from the upcoming 2024
presidential election.

“It’s not ‘if,’ it’s ‘when’ it’s coming,’ ” Rigdon said. “I have people I
work with in the agencies in Pittsburgh, and Philly — the FBI, you name it
— and they’re worried. If they’re worried. Why shouldn’t we be worried?”

Vranicar and Humble said they also have been seeing a similar trend among
clients, many of whom have expressed fears over what has been simmering
across America since 2016 — and may be coming to a head in the fall.

“There’s a bigger gap between a two sets of people groups: the haves and
the have-nots, and the red versus the blue,” Vranicar said. “And the
division is getting bigger and bigger and more and more polarized. And
it’s got both sides freaking out. It’s made everybody on edge.

“A reason I believe we have such an uptick in business is America is
becoming more like the rest of the world,” he said. “Just because you live
in America, you’re not necessarily safe anymore. It was the case for a
very long time, but not so much anymore.”

Conversation

engineer-24-7-365
2 hours ago

Very expensive alternative to being armed.

...and anyone who can afford these can afford to "buy" a permit.

I'm Your Huckleberry
10 hours ago

Why would anyone need this? Mayor Bojangles says NYC is the safest city in
America. If you disagree you only need change your perception of crime.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/12/us-news/heres-whos-buying-panic-rooms-and-
bullet-proof-doors-in-nyc-and-you-wouldnt-believe-it/
Bob F
2024-05-13 14:14:30 UTC
Post by useapen
[...]
Must be mostly Faux News viewers.

"Continued declines across most major crime categories prevailed during
January
2024, compared to the first month of last year, and included substantial
drops in murder, rape, burglary, and felony assault. And for the second
month in a row, the number of vehicles stolen in New York City was
reduced by at least 3.8% (1,178 vs. 1,224)."

https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/p00099/nypd-january-2024-citywide-crime-statistics
Frank
2024-05-13 14:28:13 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by useapen
[...]
The reality is that police are not arresting people because they know
the perps will spend less time in the station than they do having to
write up reports. Some places it is not considered a theft if less than
$1,000. Same in other big cities with Soros baced Da'S.

Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in the
case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
unknown
2024-05-13 14:50:52 UTC
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp power
is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Frank
2024-05-13 15:50:34 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp power
is a high crime punishable by hanging.
I know Canadian media is to the left of our own but that is not the
charge in this case.
Rod Speed
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Norv Dunlap
Officially anyway. Too bad.
Rod Speed
2024-05-14 03:27:12 UTC
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
Too bad.
Richard
2024-05-15 09:05:51 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
They seem to fall out of windows a lot in Russia. Brazil favors
assassination.
Post by Rod Speed
Too bad.
Dave Wainwright
2024-05-15 17:47:26 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
They seem to fall out of windows a lot in Russia. Brazil favors
assassination.
Boeing seems to have an effective process for this.
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Too bad.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 18:18:21 UTC
Post by Dave Wainwright
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
They seem to fall out of windows a lot in Russia. Brazil favors
assassination.
Boeing seems to have an effective process for this.
Nope, that didnt even see anyone sucked out of the hole.
Post by Dave Wainwright
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Too bad.
pothead
2024-05-18 21:03:20 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dave Wainwright
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
They seem to fall out of windows a lot in Russia. Brazil favors
assassination.
Boeing seems to have an effective process for this.
Nope, that didnt even see anyone sucked out of the hole.
Back in the 1980's I was on a plane seated near the rear exit, not next to it, but in the seats
across from it. After the plane took off and was still climbing I felt a huge draft from the door.
When I looked at the door, it appeared the door was not totally flush with the fuselage and not
fully closed.

I stumbled up to the front of the plane where the stewardess were sitting in the jump seats. And
promptly got yelled at for leaving my seat during ascent. I finally screamed at them and told them,
"you don't understand, there is a door that is not fully closed". They told me it's impossible
because the captain would receive a warning light. I replied, well maybe the warning system is
defective, why not come and look. Finally one of them did and upon seeing the door yelled OMG!!! We
returned to the airport, switched planes and I got a first class upgrade, no charge.

These days, I rufuse to get on a plane.
--
pothead
Joe Biden is the absolute WORST President Of the U.S. ever.
Vote for ANYBODY but Joe Biden in 2024.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 17:56:19 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by Rod Speed
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors exceptin
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrectionto usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Hardly anyone has the death penalty for that crime anymore.
Officially anyway.
Only in Russia and the 3rd world do they get unofficially executed.
They seem to fall out of windows a lot in Russia.
That's why Prigozhin was careful to stay in the only
hotel in Minsk which doesnt have opening windows
after his failed coup.

Didnt help him tho, Putin just blew up his plane with
him and his senior people in it.
Post by Richard
Brazil favors assassination.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Norv Dunlap
Too bad.
Not recently.
Norv Dunlap
2024-05-14 02:40:11 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp power
is a high crime punishable by hanging.
It should have occurred during the Portland and Seattle insurrections.
A lot of businesses would have been saved.
2024-05-14 10:33:51 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
It should have occurred during the Portland and Seattle insurrections. A
lot of businesses would have been saved.
Not to mention antifa's atack on the white house.
The summer of love. And lets not forget that the
cackler supported the riots too, which is treason.

Wannabe acts like repeating the bald faced lie about
J6 being an insurrection will make it true.
Frank
2024-05-14 11:17:28 UTC
Post by T
Post by Norv Dunlap
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
It should have occurred during the Portland and Seattle insurrections.
A lot of businesses would have been saved.
Not to mention antifa's atack on the white house.
The summer of love.  And lets not forget that the
cackler supported the riots too, which is treason.
Wannabe acts like repeating the bald faced lie about
J6 being an insurrection will make it true.
Wannabe relies on the Canadian media and to paraphrase Mark Twain, "If
you do not read the news you are uninformed but if you read the news you
are misinformed."
Scout
2024-05-14 11:28:08 UTC
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in the
case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp power is
a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage in an
insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
unknown
2024-05-14 13:18:34 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an insurrection
riot. I was watching all the news channels on internet on and around Jan
6. I have watched his speech on GAB.com and at the White House. I am
sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
Frank
2024-05-14 16:11:53 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an insurrection
riot. I was watching all the news channels on internet on and around Jan
6. I have watched his speech on GAB.com and at the White House. I am
sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
TDS has no borders. Tell us what you like about your leader. I bet you
love him.

BTW Trump looks leaner these days.
unknown
2024-05-14 18:12:50 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Our leader has become a spineless weasel blindly following Uncle Sam's
marching orders. His father should be rolling in his grave. I might stop
voting Liberal in future elections.
Frank
2024-05-14 18:16:55 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
So now you know that we have the same type leader in Biden. Most know
it but many are blinded by TDS.
Scout
2024-05-15 14:47:31 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
And yet.. they still support this spineless weasel and refuse to demand
someone better.....

At least Trump, for all his faults, actually does seem to care about the US.

What I would really love is if his daughter would run. She's suppose to be a
sharp cookie, couldn't possibly be worse than Biden. and would likely gain a
lot of support from the less radical liberals.
Ed P
Sorry, she it too tied up with Saudi deals to bother with being President
Dave Wainwright
2024-05-15 23:16:57 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Scout
At least Trump, for all his faults, actually does seem to care about the US.
What I would really love is if his daughter would run. She's suppose
to be a sharp cookie, couldn't possibly be worse than Biden. and would
likely gain a lot of support from the less radical liberals.
Sorry, she it too tied up with Saudi deals to bother with being President
It pays better than being president. Ask Joe how much he's made off the
Ukraine and Israel money laundering. He's trying to beat Nancy Pelosi.
Bob F
2024-05-16 03:35:00 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Scout
At least Trump, for all his faults, actually does seem to care about the US.
What I would really love is if his daughter would run. She's suppose
to be a sharp cookie, couldn't possibly be worse than Biden. and
would likely gain a lot of support from the less radical liberals.
Sorry, she it too tied up with Saudi deals to bother with being President
It pays better than being president.  Ask Joe how much he's made off the
Ukraine and Israel money laundering.  He's trying to beat Nancy Pelosi.
WOW! you tRumptards are really stupid masters of projection.

Pot, kettle, black.....
Skid Marks
Does your paycheck come from Soros, Gates or the UN?
Frank
2024-05-16 12:37:12 UTC
Post by Skid Marks
Post by Bob F
Post by Ed P
Post by Scout
At least Trump, for all his faults, actually does seem to care about the US.
What I would really love is if his daughter would run. She's
suppose to be a sharp cookie, couldn't possibly be worse than
Biden. and would likely gain a lot of support from the less radical
liberals.
Sorry, she it too tied up with Saudi deals to bother with being President
It pays better than being president.  Ask Joe how much he's made off
the Ukraine and Israel money laundering.  He's trying to beat Nancy
Pelosi.
WOW! you tRumptards are really stupid masters of projection.
Pot, kettle, black.....
Does your paycheck come from Soros, Gates or the UN?
Waste of time arguing with him. You can lead a lib to the truth but you
cannot make him think.
Richard
2024-05-15 11:00:54 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Biden is not a leader though. He's a stooge being pushed along by Obama
retreads.
Scout
2024-05-15 14:50:13 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except
in the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to
engage in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an insurrection
riot. I was watching all the news channels on internet on and around
Jan 6. I have watched his speech on GAB.com and at the White House. I
am sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by
any international standard.
TDS has no borders.Ã, Tell us what you like about your leader.Ã, I
bet
you love him.
BTW Trump looks leaner these days.
Our leader has become a spineless weasel blindly following Uncle Sam's
marching orders. His father should be rolling in his grave. I might stop
voting Liberal in future elections.
So now you know that we have the same type leader in Biden. Most know
it but many are blinded by TDS.
Biden is not a leader though. He's a stooge being pushed along by Obama
retreads.
Let's put it this way... in all of Joe's political history about the only
thing he can point to as his achievements was getting elected to office.

He has been, is and will be nothing but an empty suit that follows the
mandates of the DNC.. not the American people.
Bob F
2024-05-16 02:47:36 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Other than overseeing the survival of thousands from covid, restoring
USA economic growth after tRump crashed the economy, raising income for
hundreds of thousands of American workers, rebuilding /America's
infrastructure, setting the lowest unemployment rates in 50 years,
actively bring manufacturing back, .........
Scott Cohen
2024-05-16 04:11:13 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
On 5/14/2024 9:18 AM, ðŞËoÃ…Âœ Mighty Wannabe âÅ"
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
COVID cured itself. The economy was fragmented and wrecked by Democrat
governors and mayors who ordered business closures and lockdowns forcing
millions to work from home. Service businesses can't do that.

Biden's economic decisions stole 30% of most 401ks in 2023. He lied about
"creating" jobs when workers began returning to reopened businesses.

Biden hasn't done shit for the US infrastructure and the fool sold off
strategic petroleum reserves while the US is engaged in two major military
support operations on distant shores.

The low unemployment rates are a flat out lie because they do not count
those who have been unemployed for more than 90 days.

Biden and his "green activists" have killed more jobs than he can ever
take credit for "creating". What can he take credit for? Dirty polluting
battery jobs, increased IRS jobs, increased DHS jobs to transport an
invading flood of illegal aliens with no skills to Democrat run states.

His actions have resulted in billions of dollars of additional costs to
virtually every state in the union with increased grocery, gasoline,
natural gas, heating oil, electricity, even nails. A 100 ct box of nails
that cost $3.99 3 years ago now cost $20-$26 for the same box.

He is funding free medical care for invading illegal immigrants, plus
giving them phones, cash handouts, free plane rides, all at US taxpayer
expense.
Scout
2024-05-16 18:03:43 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by Richard
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except
in the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to
engage in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an
insurrection
riot. I was watching all the news channels on internet on and around
Jan 6. I have watched his speech on GAB.com and at the White House. I
am sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by
any international standard.
TDS has no borders.Ã, Tell us what you like about your leader.Ã,Â
[...]
Yea, now add in all those who have given up trying to find a job because
they no longer count as unemployed in those statistics.. but are now very
poor.
Bob F
2024-05-16 19:24:28 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Which brings up one of the longest continuous growths of new jobs in
decades. 15 MILLION new jobs under Biden, 3 times as many as tRump
accomplished at his best. In the end, tRumps total was 3 million jobs LOST.
Rod Speed
2024-05-16 22:42:52 UTC
On 5/14/2024 2:12 PM, =C3=83=C2=B0=C3=85=C2=B8=C3=8Bo=C3=85=C2=BD=
On 5/14/2024 9:18 AM, =C3=83=C2=B0=C3=85=C2=B8=C3=8Bo=C3=85=C2=BD=
"=C3=83=C2=B0=C3=85=C2=B8=C3=8Bo=C3=85=C2=BD Mighty Wannabe =C3=
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors =
=
[...]
TDS has no borders.=C3=83,=C3=82 Tell us what you like about y=
our =
leader.=C3=83,=C3=82 I bet
[...]
Neither had anything to do with the president or his policys, stupid.
In the end, tRumps total was 3 million jobs LOST.
And neither was that.
Scout
2024-05-17 12:31:49 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Richard
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Bullshit... they were jobs emptied due to the Covid Shutdowns (a different
topic entirely) and all JOE was seeing is those existing jobs filled again.

Otherwise.. We could pass a law that everyone had to be laid off every 2
weeks and then come back to work a week later and have a Hundred Million
"New" jobs.

I will simply note the number of workers is DOWN under Biden.
Frank
2024-05-17 12:43:19 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
I hear biggest job growth is in government jobs and part time jobs to
illegals. Also most of the time monthly job growth is corrected downward.
max headroom
2024-05-16 20:34:57 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
The Spin: Americans Are Getting Poorer While Prices Keep Going Up

Americans' real weekly earnings dropped sharply in April and still remain well
below their level when President Joe Biden first took office, according to data
from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

Real average weekly earnings fell to $1,191.93 in April, declining by 0.4% in
the month and 4.8% compared to the start of Biden's term in January 2021,
according to data calculated by the Daily Caller News Foundation from the BLS.
Prices have risen over 19% since Biden first took office and 3.4% in the last
year, degrading the value of Americans' wages.

The decline in earnings is also due in part to a decrease in the average number
of weekly hours worked, which fell from 34.9 in January 2021 to 34.2 in April,
according to the BLS.

Real wages have been degraded due to persistently high inflation under Biden,
which was measured in April at 3.4% year-over-year after peaking at 9% in June
2022.

The average number of hours worked per week has declined because employers are
resorting to cutting hours and shifting to part-time jobs to offset the increase
in costs and slack in business conditions. Gross domestic product measured just
1.6% in the first quarter of 2024, representing a major slowdown in the growth
of the U.S. economy.

Average hourly earnings rose again in Apr but fell in real terms as inflation
outpaced wage growth; here you can see how wages have rocketed higher since
Jan '21, but fallen significantly after adjusting for inflation - you got a
raise, but it buys you less: pic.twitter.com/XtyTxvsFhm

- E.J. Antoni, Ph.D. (@RealEJAntoni) May 15, 2024

Biden has repeatedly claimed that he has brought inflation down, falsely telling
CNN and Yahoo Finance that the inflation rate was 9% when he took office when it
was really around 1.4%. Immediately following that claim, Biden falsely asserted
that "the pay for the jobs are outpacing the inflation rate that they're
paying."

The president also touted on Wednesday that "inflation has fallen more than 60%"
from its peak. While the inflation rate has decelerated around 62% from its
peak, inflation has not fallen, and the rate continues to fail to come close to
the Federal Reserve's target range of 2%.

The number of people employed in part-time positions because of poor business
conditions or they could only find part-time work increased by 161,000 in April
compared to the previous month, according to the BLS. Around 1 million more
people held part-time jobs in April compared to the previous year, while the
number of people employed in full-time jobs declined by 557,000 in that same
time frame.

In accordance with rising costs and shrinking wages, the cumulative amount that
Americans are holding in savings has declined in recent months, totaling just
$671 billion in March, compared to over $1 trillion the year before. Credit card
delinquencies greater than 90 days have also risen substantially in the past
several quarters as Americans look for ways to finance through the increase in
costs and the loss of income.

Persistent inflation and low growth have worried some economists that the
economy is entering a period of stagflation, which wreaked havoc on the wages
and purchasing power of consumers in the 1970's and 1980's.

Biden has also repeatedly claimed that inflation is being fueled by "corporate
greed" through companies marking up prices to squeeze consumers. The Federal
Reserve Bank of San Francisco disproved this claim by pointing out that
corporate markups tracked closely with other economic recoveries following the
COVID-19 pandemic.

Persistent inflation poses a major issue for Biden's 2024 presidential
reelection campaign, with 80% of voters surveyed by the Financial Times and the
University of Michigan's Ross School of Business saying inflation was one of
their top three financial stressors. Around 49% of those surveyed believed that
Biden's policies have hurt the economy.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request to comment from the
DCNF.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/15/americans-getting-poorer-prices-going-up/
Ed P
2024-05-16 21:17:46 UTC
Post by max headroom
[...]
Some wages have gone up. Become a CEO.

How much have CEO salaries increased?
In the past 10 years, CEO pay at S&P 500 companies increased by more
than $5 million to an average of $16.7 million in 2022. Meanwhile, the
average U.S. worker saw a wage increase of $15,460 over the past decade,
earning on average just $61,900 in 2022. Blackstone Inc.

https://tinyurl.com/vf5cfbxb

The early results reveal that Equilar 500 CEO pay jumped in 2023. Among
the sample of companies in the study, compensation for CEOs reached
$15.7 million in 2023, which would mark an 11.3% increase from 2022.
This surge in CEO compensation can be partly attributed to the complex
changes and effects brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bob F
2024-05-16 23:52:15 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by max headroom
[...]
And in the meanwhile, Biden, and the Democratic Party has brought never
before seen increases in the minimum wages paid to the lowest paid
workers in many parts of this country, despite the never ending
opposition of trump and the GOP.
Scout
2024-05-17 12:34:27 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Ed P
Post by max headroom
[...]
Resulting in a lose of jobs.. and people now making nothing.
Further local inflation is rapidly eating away at any increase in wealth
such a pay increase would suggest as prices rise sharply across the board.

Welcome the the home of the $20 big Mac meal.
Cindy Hamilton
2024-05-17 16:08:17 UTC
Post by Scout
Welcome the the home of the $20 big Mac meal.
I can get an excellent burger at a local bar for $13.95. Burger,
house-made chips, and a pickle. I drink water by preference.

No need to eat McDonald's garbage.
Cindy Hamilton
Klause Schwab
2024-05-18 15:18:18 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Scout
Welcome the the home of the $20 big Mac meal.
I can get an excellent burger at a local bar for $13.95. Burger,
house-made chips, and a pickle. I drink water by preference.
No need to eat McDonald's garbage.
I thought wealthy libs eat bugs now.
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
Cindy Hamilton
2024-05-18 15:30:54 UTC
Post by Klause Schwab
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Scout
Welcome the the home of the $20 big Mac meal.
I can get an excellent burger at a local bar for $13.95. Burger,
house-made chips, and a pickle. I drink water by preference.
No need to eat McDonald's garbage.
I thought wealthy libs eat bugs now.
You should get out of your right-wing bubble.

In any event, I'm not a wealthy lib. I'm retired: we've been getting
by for a couple of years on my husband's Social Security and the cash
we had on hand when I retired. I recently started drawing from my IRA.
My politics are what used to be called center-right. Before the GOP
went off the rails, I voted a mixed ticket.
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
Cindy Hamilton
Bob F
2024-05-18 22:28:57 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Klause Schwab
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they have NO
concept of reality about anything anymore.
Frank
2024-05-18 23:39:23 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they have NO
concept of reality about anything anymore.
That is a misconception. The dems have gone so far to the left that
even a moderate would look like a right winger to those like you.
Ed P
2024-05-18 23:57:21 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they have
NO concept of reality about anything anymore.
That is a misconception.  The dems have gone so far to the left that
even a moderate would look like a right winger to those like you.
And the real Republicans are called RINO by the MAGA cult.

I think it is funny that Haley is no longer running and still get 15% of
the vote. Why is that?
Bob F
2024-05-19 00:26:43 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Bob F
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they have
NO concept of reality about anything anymore.
That is a misconception.  The dems have gone so far to the left that
even a moderate would look like a right winger to those like you.
And the real Republicans are called RINO by the MAGA cult.
I think it is funny that Haley is no longer running and still get 15% of
the vote.  Why is that?
Former tRump voters sending the GOP a serious message. If half of that
15% vote for Biden, or just don't vote for tRump, tRump does not have a
chance in hell.

One thing tRump has done extremely well. Destroying the GOP. The whole
party is cringing in fear of their orange "god", and making total fools
of themselves.
max headroom
2024-05-19 02:23:59 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Bob F
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they
have NO concept of reality about anything anymore.
That is a misconception. The dems have gone so far to the left that
even a moderate would look like a right winger to those like you.
And the real Republicans are called RINO by the MAGA cult.
And RINOs are called "our kind of Republicans" by pinkies.
I think it's funny that RFK Jr is giving the DNC nightmares. Why is that?
2024-05-19 20:10:40 UTC
"Real Republicans". Did you say that with a straight face?
Skid Marks
2024-05-19 21:08:36 UTC
Post by Ed P
And the real Republicans are called RINO by the MAGA cult.
"Real Republicans".  Did you say that with a straight face?
The Democrats have done an amazing job of infiltrating the Republican
Party.
There are only a handful of real Republicans, the remainder are
Democrat-RINOs.
The RINOs voting record reveals the truth.
2024-05-19 23:50:28 UTC
Post by Skid Marks
Post by Ed P
And the real Republicans are called RINO by the MAGA cult.
"Real Republicans".  Did you say that with a straight face?
The Democrats have done an amazing job of infiltrating the Republican
Party.
There are only a handful of real Republicans, the remainder are
Democrat-RINOs.
The RINOs voting record reveals the truth.
And when they campaign, they compete with each other on how
many times they can say "conservative".
max headroom
2024-05-19 02:52:29 UTC
Post by Bob F
The GOP has gone so far off the right wing wacko cliff that they have
NO concept of reality about anything anymore.
"Democrats veer left then blast everyone else for being 'right wing'"

https://nypost.com/2015/06/21/democrats-march-further-left-then-claim-the-rest-of-nation-is-right-wing/
Jim Sutton
2024-05-23 20:37:03 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Klause Schwab
Post by Klause Schwab
Did you forget cow farts cause climate change?
I eat beef only about once a week.
That's why global warming is increasing. You're not helping keep the
cow farts in check.

Bob F
2024-05-18 22:26:59 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by Ed P
Post by max headroom
[...]
Loss of jobs is GOP idiocy.

Record new jobs is what happened.
max headroom
2024-05-19 02:56:11 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
[...]
Loss of jobs is economic reality. If an employee doesn't make the business more
than his costs, he's a liability.
Covid layoffs returning to work is what happened, plus part-time 2nd jobs.
2024-05-19 20:14:49 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Loss of jobs is GOP idiocy.
Loss of jobs is economic reality. If an employee doesn't make the business more
than his costs, he's a liability.
The People's Republic of California raised fast
food workers wages to $20/hr. Store are closing.
those that are not are laying off and looking
at replacing workers with automation. Folks
earning under 45,000 U$D per year are no long
going to fat food joints. It has been a disaster.
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Record new jobs is what happened.
Covid layoffs returning to work is what happened, plus part-time 2nd jobs.
Well stated. "Record jobs"? The bull s*** out these guys
mouths is something to behold
pothead
2024-05-19 23:39:29 UTC
Post by T
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Record new jobs is what happened.
Covid layoffs returning to work is what happened, plus part-time 2nd jobs.
Well stated. "Record jobs"? The bull s*** out these guys
mouths is something to behold
Joe Biden has been claiming the inflation when he took office was 9% . Thanks to Trump it was about
1.4%.

And Biden continues to repeat the same lie to this day.
Why don't his handlers shut this topic down?
Answer is they are going to replace Biden and the worse he looks, the easier it will be.
2024-05-19 23:49:13 UTC
Post by pothead
they are going to replace Biden and the worse he looks, the easier it will be.
I do not see that happening. His Fraudulency
is their perfect marionette. They pull his
string and are able to avoid accountability
as no one knows who is pulling the strings.
Me thinks Weekend-at-Bernie's will be their man.
Frank
2024-05-19 23:56:53 UTC
Post by pothead
they are going to replace Biden and the worse he looks, the easier it will be.
I do not see that happening.  His Fraudulency
is their perfect marionette. They pull his
string and are able to avoid accountability
as no one knows who is pulling the strings.
Me thinks Weekend-at-Bernie's will be their man.
They may replace him with a pig in a poke at the last minute, maybe with
someone like Michelle Obama who is completely unvetted.
2024-05-20 17:02:37 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by pothead
they are going to replace Biden and the worse he looks, the easier it will be.
I do not see that happening.  His Fraudulency
is their perfect marionette. They pull his
string and are able to avoid accountability
as no one knows who is pulling the strings.
Me thinks Weekend-at-Bernie's will be their man.
They may replace him with a pig in a poke at the last minute, maybe with
someone like Michelle Obama who is completely unvetted.
You may gave something there. And American Pravda
never vets their own. So SURPRISE, here is our new
Non Compose Mentis. It all depends on the power sharing
of tehse in teh shadows pulling Bradnon's strings.
redds
2024-05-16 23:06:36 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
pic.twitter.com/XtyTxvsFhm
[...]
"49% of Americans Can’t Afford a $1,000 Emergency, With Many Relying on
Credit Cards for Unexpected Expenses"

"The absence of an emergency fund is sending people into debt. Among
those who’ve had a $1,000-plus financial emergency in the past six
months, the costly culprits were car repairs (43%), home repairs (30%)
and medical bills (30%). Within this same group, 55% were forced into
debt to cover the expenses, with 84% having to scrounge for $1,000 or
more. In addition, over a quarter (27%) of Americans are still in debt
because of a past financial emergency."

"Those with savings are no stranger to tapping into them. 59% report
using their savings to cover everyday expenses, with parents of children
younger than 18 (71%) and millennials (65%) among those leading the way.
When asked how much money they’d need to save for a financial emergency
to avoid additional stress, 40% would feel comfortable having a modest
amount — below $2,500 — set aside. 21% say they’d need at least $10,000
saved to feel secure."

They are getting exactly what they voted for. A senile old man whose
first inclination is to lie, second to steal, third to unabashedly take
credit for the first two. The black prostitute ride-along is a bonus
for the Obama crowd.
Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020. Besides, Stormy is not black.
Bob F
2024-05-17 00:07:30 UTC
They are getting exactly what they voted for.  A senile old man whose
first inclination is to lie, second to steal, third to unabashedly take
credit for the first two.  The black prostitute ride-along is a bonus
for the Obama crowd.
WOW! Something sure smells like projection!
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.  Besides, Stormy is not black.
2024-05-17 00:29:09 UTC
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose. You cheated.
Ed P
2024-05-17 01:25:55 UTC
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence. Sad how you guy believe everything he tells
you. "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
2024-05-17 01:51:04 UTC
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he tells
you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
You have been given so much evidence that your remark
is disgusting. You have become a propagandist right
out of the pages of the Fascist Manifesto. Power
and control is all you care about: Gleichschaltung.

How is the polling coming on the 140 year old vote.
You think you are going to win them all again?
Ed P
2024-05-17 01:58:21 UTC
Post by T
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he tells
you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
You have been given so much evidence that your remark
is disgusting.  You have become a propagandist right
out of the pages of the Fascist Manifesto. Power
and control is all you care about: Gleichschaltung.
How is the polling coming on the 140 year old vote.
You think you are going to win them all again?
Even Trump appointed judges tossed the alleged evidence.

Look up the word "gullible". It applies to the MAGA crowd adoring their
hero.
2024-05-17 02:28:44 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by T
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he
tells you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
You have been given so much evidence that your remark
is disgusting.  You have become a propagandist right
out of the pages of the Fascist Manifesto. Power
and control is all you care about: Gleichschaltung.
How is the polling coming on the 140 year old vote.
You think you are going to win them all again?
Even Trump appointed judges tossed the alleged evidence.
It is extremely rare for the judiciary to get involved
in elections. You have no point.
You need to look up the phrase "useful idiot".
Ed P
2024-05-17 03:02:11 UTC
Post by T
Post by Ed P
Post by T
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he
tells you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
You have been given so much evidence that your remark
is disgusting.  You have become a propagandist right
out of the pages of the Fascist Manifesto. Power
and control is all you care about: Gleichschaltung.
How is the polling coming on the 140 year old vote.
You think you are going to win them all again?
Even Trump appointed judges tossed the alleged evidence.
It is extremely rare for the judiciary to get involved
in elections.  You have no point.
No point? Judges tossed the "evidence" brought to the courts. It had
no substance.
Post by T
Post by Ed P
Look up the word "gullible".  It applies to the MAGA crowd adoring
their hero.
You need to look up the phrase "useful idiot".
I did say you were gullible, but I don't think you are an idiot.

https://action.lincolnproject.us/tired_ad?utm_campaign=051424_tired&utm_medium=email&utm_source=lincolnproject
2024-05-17 03:34:45 UTC
Post by T
Post by Ed P
Post by T
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he
tells you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
You have been given so much evidence that your remark
is disgusting.  You have become a propagandist right
out of the pages of the Fascist Manifesto. Power
and control is all you care about: Gleichschaltung.
How is the polling coming on the 140 year old vote.
You think you are going to win them all again?
Even Trump appointed judges tossed the alleged evidence.
It is extremely rare for the judiciary to get involved
in elections.  You have no point.
No point?  Judges tossed the "evidence" brought to the courts.  It had
no substance.
Uh Huh. Yup.
Post by T
Post by Ed P
Look up the word "gullible".  It applies to the MAGA crowd adoring
their hero.
You need to look up the phrase "useful idiot".
I did say you were gullible, but I don't think you are an idiot.
Never thought you did. I am the one that called YOU a "useful idiot".

Definition of useful idiot:

A naive or credulous person who can be manipulated or
exploited to advance a cause or political agenda. It is
one task of the KGB [in 1982] to apply its skills of
secrecy and deception to projecting the Soviet party’s
influence. This it does through contacts with legal
Communist Parties abroad, with groups sympathetic to
Soviet goals, with do-gooders of the type that
Lenin once described as “useful idiots”
-— The Wall Street Journal

Sound familiar comrade?

You are the one who claims not to be a communists but wont go
to CPUSA's web site issues and puck a single issue oit that
you disagree with them. Huh Comrade.
https://action.lincolnproject.us/tired_ad?utm_campaign=051424_tired&utm_medium=email&utm_source=lincolnproject
Idiotic propaganda from the anointed. TDS on steroids.
Ed P
Yes, sounds like a Trump cult member. They believe everything he says.
2024-05-17 11:08:08 UTC
Post by T
       A naive or credulous person who can be manipulated or
       exploited to advance a cause or political agenda.  It is
       one task of the KGB [in 1982] to apply its skills of
       secrecy and deception to projecting the Soviet party’s
       influence. This it does through contacts with legal
       Communist Parties abroad, with groups sympathetic to
       Soviet goals, with do-gooders of the type that
       Lenin once described as “useful idiots”
          -— The Wall Street Journal
Sound familiar comrade?
Yes, sounds like a Trump cult member.  They believe everything he says.
https://media.townhall.com/cdn/hodl/cartoons/stg103022dAPR-800x0.jpg
Here is another good link for you:

https://kingsjestersblog.com/2022/08/06/the-rise-of-americas-useful-idiots/
Bob F
2024-05-18 22:32:00 UTC
Post by Ed P
That was 2016, he lost in 2020.
He did not lose.  You cheated.
Waiting for the evidence.  Sad how you guy believe everything he tells
you.  "In Shyster We Trust" is the motto of his followers.
These clowns have no concept of reality. They want it to be so, so it
must be, despite EVERY court case proving them wrong.
Bob F
2024-05-17 00:02:53 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
And what has the GOP and tRump ever done for them?

Biden and the Democratic Party have promoted and/or passed Medicare,
Social Security, ObamaCare, and Medicaid, all of which helps those most
in need actually get their needs met without being forced into
bankruptcy. tRump, and the GOP have been never ending in their
opposition to all these programs. Sure, tRump promised a "replacement"
for ObamaCare that would be cheaper , better, and cover everyone. But
neither he, now any other GOP EVER actually proposed or promoted any
bill ever to do anything like that.

50% of bankruptcies are caused by medical bills in the USA, something
that is VERY uncommon in almost any other industrial nation.
max headroom
2024-05-17 04:19:35 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Well, let's see. Inflation was at 1.9% when Biden took over. Unemployment among
Blacks and Hispanics was at historic lows. There were HELP WANTED signs
everywhere you looked. Savings accounts were flush. At the end of 2019, Trump
was cruising to re-election.
Berferd
2024-05-17 04:54:14 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
Desperate Obama Democrats seeing their chances slipping away, handed their
souls to communist China and hatched the COVID scam to steal an election.

What happened next? Mass illegal alien invasions at the border and
mentally ill tranny crap suddenly became front page news.
Bob F
2024-05-18 22:35:55 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors
except in the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is
tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to
usurp power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need
to engage in an insurrection to be charged much less
convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an
insurrection riot. I was watching all the news channels on
internet on and around Jan 6. I have watched his speech on
GAB.com and at the White House. I am sure the fat weasel
would be guilty of summoning and inciting the insurrection
mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
TDS has no borders.У,Т Tell us what you like about your
leader.У,Т I bet you love him.
[...]
And then American voters told the GOP just what they thought of tRump
and his tRumptards.

The GOP told us to let the voters decide. They made it very clear, by 7
million votes.
max headroom
2024-05-18 23:17:07 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by max headroom
Post by Bob F
Post by Scout
Post by Frank
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
... and low inflation, low unemployment, plentiful jobs, rising wages and
savings accounts, and controlled immigration.
Maybe.
max headroom
2024-05-14 17:16:16 UTC
You would be wrong.
unknown
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
Richard
They do. They construct the rest as needed.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 17:48:29 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by unknown
Post by max headroom
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
You would be wrong.
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
They do.
Which ones do you have in mind ?
Scout
2024-05-15 14:51:23 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by max headroom
... I am sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
You would be wrong.
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
Good thing too... or a lot of BLM/Antifa would have found themselves before
a firing squad.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 18:00:54 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by max headroom
any
international standard.
You would be wrong.
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
Good thing too... or a lot of BLM/Antifa would have found themselves =
before a firing squad.
There is no international standard for anything like that.

Only Indonesia does anything like that and
its for drug dealers, not insurrectionists.
2024-05-15 23:59:16 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by max headroom
... I am sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
You would be wrong.
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
Good thing too... or a lot of BLM/Antifa would have found themselves
before a firing squad.
Don't you know. It is parents showing up at school board
meeting reading perverted stuff from their children's text
books that are the real terrorists!
pothead
2024-05-18 20:52:50 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by max headroom
... I am sure the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the
insurrection mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any
international standard.
You would be wrong.
The US doesn't go by any international standard.
Good thing too... or a lot of BLM/Antifa would have found themselves before
a firing squad.
During the 'summer of love' IMHO, Trump should have declared a state of emergency and mobilized the
national guard.
I get the state's rights part, but letting Antifa / BLM and their useful idiots run wild was not
the answer.
It's one of Trump's failures in my opinion.

Why does Florida get little of these type crimes?
Because DeSantis made it known that if you try it in Florida you will be locked up and you will be
prosecuted.
Sure there were minor incursions but nothing like other cities like Portland, NYC and others.
The only thing this miscreants understand is prison.

Coddle them like colleges are currently doing with protesters and it will only escalate.
Bob F
The secret service probably saved his ass on that one.
Scout
2024-05-15 14:32:55 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp power
is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage in
an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
The fat weasel is too cunning to personally engage in an insurrection
riot. I was watching all the news channels on internet on and around Jan
6. I have watched his speech on GAB.com and at the White House. I am sure
the fat weasel would be guilty of summoning and inciting the insurrection
mob to riot at the Capitol to usurp power by force, by any international
standard.
I could do that with even more certainty with the BLM and Antifa 'protests'
but I don't see any of those political leaders being charged.
P. Coonan
2024-05-14 18:26:35 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Scout
2024-05-15 14:52:38 UTC
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.

Remember BLM/Antifa?
unknown
2024-05-15 18:59:18 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
BLM/Antifa rioters were not trying to usurp power like Trump's Jan 6
insurrection rioters. BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor
wrongdoing), while insurrection is treason which calls for capital
punishment.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 19:12:17 UTC
On Thu, 16 May 2024 04:59:18 +1000, =F0=9F=98=8E Mighty Wannabe =E2=9C=85=
Post by Scout
Post by Scout
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
BLM/Antifa rioters were not trying to usurp power like Trump's Jan 6 =
insurrection rioters. BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor =
wrongdoing),
Correct.
while insurrection is treason
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_laws_in_the_United_States#Federal

Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution=
,
treason is specifically limited to levying war against the U.S., or
adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act_of_1807
which calls for capital punishment.
Nope.
Governor Shill
2024-05-15 22:16:14 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
BLM/Antifa rioters were not trying to usurp power like Trump's Jan 6
insurrection rioters. BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor
wrongdoing), while insurrection is treason which calls for capital
punishment.
Oh don't be stupid. Unarmed people aren't trying to "unsurp" power, it was
a simple lawful protest. The capital police even said so at the beginning.

On the other hand, attacking businesses, state and federal authorities and
buildings the way blm and antifa did is way beyond peaceful.
Rod Speed
2024-05-15 23:24:53 UTC
On Thu, 16 May 2024 08:16:14 +1000, Governor Shill =
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
"=C3=83=C6=92=C3=82=C2=B0Y~Z Mighty Wannabe =C3=83=C6=92=C3=82=C2=A2=
Post by unknown
.
Post by unknown
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
BLM/Antifa rioters were not trying to usurp power like Trump's Jan 6
insurrection rioters. BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor
wrongdoing), while insurrection is treason which calls for capital
punishment.
Oh don't be stupid. Unarmed people aren't trying to "unsurp" power, i=
t =
was
a simple lawful protest.
Nothing lawful about invading congress critters offices.
The capital police even said so at the beginning.
And then they realised it was nothing like that.
Neither was the occupation of the Capitol.
2024-05-15 23:55:31 UTC
Post by Governor Shill
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
[...]
And giving the protestors assisted tours as well. High
fiving them. Chatting them up. Taking selfies with
them, etc..
And setting up Autonomous Zones (CHAZ)
Scout
2024-05-16 18:08:49 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
BLM/Antifa rioters
Well at least you can admit they were rioting.. and that would have been
cause to execute them in many places.
Post by unknown
were not trying to usurp power like Trump's Jan 6 insurrection rioters.
And how exactly did they do that? How many building were burnt down? How
much damage was actually done?
How many people were convicted of insurrection? How many were even charged?

Oh, that's right, it wasn't an insurrection.. you just like to
mischaracterize it as such.
Post by unknown
BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor wrongdoing),
Murder.. 1st degree arson... felony level theft and destruction.

Yea, those are all misdemeanors... NOT
Bob F
2024-05-16 19:35:47 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
BLM/Anitifa riots were misdemeanors (minor wrongdoing),
Murder.. 1st degree arson... felony level theft and destruction.
Yea, those are all misdemeanors... NOT
But those had little to do with the protests for justice. The protests
were most peaceful. A few right wing agitators probably accomplished
much of what you complain about.

Remember the umbrella man?

This is for those who can only believe Faux "News".
https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-umbrella-man-autozone-fire-hells-angels-police

For the details:

According to the Star Tribune, the man was identified following an email
tip-off. The email claimed the man was a member of the Hells Angels
biker gang.

An investigation found that the man was also connected to the Aryan
Cowboys, a prison biker / street gang. The Anti-Defamation League
identifies them as a white supremacist group based primarily in Kentucky
and Minnesota.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53579099
pothead
2024-05-18 20:53:36 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by P. Coonan
Post by Scout
Post by unknown
Post by Frank
Then your favorite DA will reduce felonies to misdemeanors except in
the case of Trump where a small misdemeanor is tried as a felony.
In most countries in the world, inciting an insurrection to usurp
power is a high crime punishable by hanging.
Well in most countries in the world you would actually need to engage
in an insurrection to be charged much less convicted of it.
Next time there is an insurrection somewhere meeting the actual
definition, let's send Liz Cheney and Nancy Pelosi to help out.
Help out? They were the ones probably calling for it.
Remember BLM/Antifa?
There is no question about it.
Rod Speed
2024-05-13 22:34:08 UTC
New Yorkers are fortifying their homes with panic rooms and bullet-pro=
of
doors like never before over fears about crime, migrants and national
turmoil =E2=80=94 and it=E2=80=99s not just the city=E2=80=99s elite p=
artaking in the trend.

Bullshit.
=E2=80=9CNot every [customer] is an ultra-rich stockbroker =E2=80=94 a=
lot of them are
just people, middle-class kind of people,=E2=80=9D said Steve Humble, =
founder of
the home-defense contractor Creative Home Engineering.
Who is just attempting to drum up business when the
reality is that no one is actually stupid enough to do that.
=E2=80=9CI=E2=80=99d say the pandemic really kicked off an uptick. Bus=
iness was really
good throughout the pandemic time, and it really hasn=E2=80=99t slowed=
down,=E2=80=9D =
said
Humble, who specializes in top-of-the-line secret doors disguised as
bookshelves, fireplaces, mirrors, blank walls and whatever else a clie=
nt
can think of to conceal a safety room behind them.
He is one of numerous home-defense contractors who told The Post that =
the
past four years have been a boon for business, with New Yorkers from a=
ll
walks of life shelling out thousands of dollars to outfit their homes =
=
with
hidden rooms, bulletproof doors and a swath of other covert security
systems to keep the baddies at bay should they come knocking.
The driving force is a decline in New Yorkers=E2=80=99 sense of safety=
=E2=80=94 assaults
in the Big Apple reached 28,000 for the first time on record last year=
=E2=80=94
and the perceptible shift toward volatile instability that many people=
feel is ramping up across all of American society, Humble and others s=
ay.
=E2=80=9CWhether it=E2=80=99s real or perceived. People feel like crim=
e is up,=E2=80=9D Humble
said, explaining he has installed =E2=80=9Cwell over 100=E2=80=9D door=
s in homes across
New York, with middle-class homes in Queens and the Bronx standing out=
.
David Vranicar, whose company Fortified and Ballistic Security =
specializes
in such things as bulletproof doors and windows, said New Yorkers from=
less affluent parts of Queens and Brooklyn have been driving his busin=
ess
in the city, too.
=E2=80=9CThose are the people that actually need to stop bad guys from=
getting in
the house,=E2=80=9D Vranicar said.
=E2=80=9C[What] my clients have been expressing to me is we saw how qu=
ickly
society can break down during COVID,=E2=80=9D he said. =E2=80=9CSo, wh=
at would happen if
something really drastic happened? I think everybody=E2=80=99s a littl=
e scared.=E2=80=9D
While Humble specializes in concealing without-a-trace hidden safe roo=
ms,
Vranicar=E2=80=99s defensive philosophy is focused on keeping the badd=
ies moving
on by fortifying points of entry such as front doors and windows.
=E2=80=9CWhat we want to do is say, =E2=80=98If the riot breaks out, c=
an I be secured?=E2=80=99
And the reality is, even if it=E2=80=99s bad, and they=E2=80=99re bang=
ing on your door,
and they can=E2=80=99t get in, and it=E2=80=99s steel all the way arou=
nd, they=E2=80=99re not
coming in. They=E2=80=99re just not, and they=E2=80=99ll move on,=E2=80=
=9D he explained.
He said he also focuses on fortifying bedrooms where homeowners are mo=
st
likely to be at their most vulnerable =E2=80=94 asleep =E2=80=94 shoul=
d trouble make its
way inside.
While Vranicar and Humble offer high-end custom projects =E2=80=94 whi=
ch can
quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars and more =E2=80=94 both=
also said
they provide a line of products to fortify or conceal doors on more
conservative budgets.
Humble=E2=80=99s most affordable hidden door costs about $1,000, and t=
hough
Vranicar=E2=80=99s cheapest door starts around $6,000, he pointed out =
that
installing one such door on an apartment above ground level is going t=
make the place as secure as it can be.
=E2=80=9CIn New York, if you could afford six-grand for a door, you=E2=
=80=99re pretty =
much
gonna be really safe,=E2=80=9D Vranicar said.
Though both have outfitted the homes of celebrities and statesmen alik=
e,
average New Yorkers have helped make the city one of their biggest =
markets
across the country, they said.
=E2=80=9CThere=E2=80=99s a lot of people in New York that are ordering=
the pre-designed
secret doors from us,=E2=80=9D said Humble, noting that New York City =
is one of
his top three markets.
For not-so-average New Yorkers, there=E2=80=99s Bill Rigdon of Panic R=
oom =
Builders
=E2=80=94 who caters to clients with homes worth around $10 million at=
a minimum.
=E2=80=9CThe people below that can=E2=80=99t get their head around spe=
nding $50,000 for a
door,=E2=80=9D Rigdon told The Post.
Rigdon builds panic rooms averaging between $100,000 and $200,000 =E2=80=
=94 but
can quickly cost well above that. The rooms are equipped with a host o=
defensive measures and life support such as food, water, plumbing, =
medical
equipment, power sources and communication systems.
Beyond ballistic doors that can stop AK-47 rounds and up, Rigdon=E2=80=
=99s panic
rooms can have electrified handles, smoke-screen launchers, concealed
nozzles for blasting dyed pepper spray at intruders and remotely
controlled robots or drones armed with shotgun shells.
As with Humble and Vranicar, the names and addresses of Ridgon=E2=80=99=
s clients
are all protected by strict non-disclosure agreements, but he said the=
city has become =E2=80=9Ca different ballgame=E2=80=9D with =E2=80=9C1=
% of 1% customers=E2=80=9D in =
recent
years.
=E2=80=9CThe migrant thing has got people brain-spun because they=E2=80=
=99re living in
their crystal palace out in the Hamptons and they have to drive throug=
the city. and they see this,=E2=80=9D Rigdon said.
=E2=80=9CIn the city right now, it=E2=80=99s is the rampant crime, rig=
ht? Political
unrest, which you see on the streets. And when these migrants started
going into town, you know, it=E2=80=99s broadcasts all over the news =E2=
=80=94 my phone
blew up.=E2=80=9D
Recent city headlines have been so alarming that Rigdon estimates abou=
90% of his Big Apple business right now comes from previous clients wh=
fear the instability =E2=80=94 and potentially more from the upcoming =
2024
presidential election.
=E2=80=9CIt=E2=80=99s not =E2=80=98if,=E2=80=99 it=E2=80=99s =E2=80=98=
when=E2=80=99 it=E2=80=99s coming,=E2=80=99 =E2=80=9D Rigdon said. =E2=80=
=9CI have people I
work with in the agencies in Pittsburgh, and Philly =E2=80=94 the FBI,=
you name =
it
=E2=80=94 and they=E2=80=99re worried. If they=E2=80=99re worried. Why=
shouldn=E2=80=99t we be worried?=E2=80=9D
Vranicar and Humble said they also have been seeing a similar trend am=
ong
clients, many of whom have expressed fears over what has been simmerin=
across America since 2016 =E2=80=94 and may be coming to a head in the=
fall.
=E2=80=9CThere=E2=80=99s a bigger gap between a two sets of people gro=
ups: the haves and
the have-nots, and the red versus the blue,=E2=80=9D Vranicar said. =E2=
=80=9CAnd the
division is getting bigger and bigger and more and more polarized. And=
it=E2=80=99s got both sides freaking out. It=E2=80=99s made everybody =
on edge.
=E2=80=9CA reason I believe we have such an uptick in business is Amer=
ica is
becoming more like the rest of the world,=E2=80=9D he said. =E2=80=9CJ=
ust because you =
live
in America, you=E2=80=99re not necessarily safe anymore. It was the ca=
se for a
very long time, but not so much anymore.=E2=80=9D