Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan
Martin Levac
2011-06-20 21:21:04 UTC
Hello,

I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.

The operator's manual states that the fan must not be used with a solid
state speed control device. I understand that to mean that I must not
simply attempt to vary the voltage, i.e. from 120VAC to 90VAC for
example. I understand that this may cause the amperage to rise, and all
sorts of nasty things may occur after that.

I read a little about the problem and I believe that the integrated
speed control unit controls the speed by varying the AC frequency while
maintaining the same voltage, i.e. from 120VAC 60hz to 120VAC 50hz and
so forth. Though I don't actually know.

I sent a request for information on how to do what I want but I got the
standard "don't do it" reply. As if by some magical mysterious way, I'm
going to change my mind. So no luck from the manufacturer.

I've looked at the Air King 9155 model and I believe it's the same as
the Lasko 2155A. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I also believe Lasko
doesn't actually manufacture that model, they only sell it. So that
might explain why I got the standard "don't to it" reply from them. I'll
ask Air King next to see if I have better luck with them.

If any of you have experience with this kind of thing, please advise me
on how to proceed. If there's already a device that I can buy and just
plug in, that would be best. If there's some tinkering to do, it would
depend on the depth and complexity of that tinkering.

Actually what would be best is if I found a similar window fan with an
integrated fully variable speed control unit. Alas, the available choice
of window fans pretty much stops at Air King. Though I understand that
there's a slew of window fans that are not made anymore, like the
Vornado for example, so that might be an option. However, my primary
consideration of any window fan remains a fully variable speed control unit.

Thank you

Martin Levac

http://www.laskoproducts.com/fans/model_2155a.html
http://www.airkinglimited.com/pages/industrial/window1.html
Tom Biasi
2011-06-21 02:22:09 UTC
"Martin Levac" wrote in message news:9ROLp.9955$***@newsfe01.iad...

Hello,

I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.

The operator's manual states that the fan must not be used with a solid
state speed control device. I understand that to mean that I must not
simply attempt to vary the voltage, i.e. from 120VAC to 90VAC for
example. I understand that this may cause the amperage to rise, and all
sorts of nasty things may occur after that.

That's not what it means. It means they don't want any speed control devices
on their fan.

I read a little about the problem and I believe that the integrated
speed control unit controls the speed by varying the AC frequency while
maintaining the same voltage, i.e. from 120VAC 60hz to 120VAC 50hz and
so forth. Though I don't actually know.

That may be so. But it's their design and I don't know what they are doing.

I sent a request for information on how to do what I want but I got the
standard "don't do it" reply. As if by some magical mysterious way, I'm
going to change my mind. So no luck from the manufacturer.

Expected.

I've looked at the Air King 9155 model and I believe it's the same as
the Lasko 2155A. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I also believe Lasko
doesn't actually manufacture that model, they only sell it. So that
might explain why I got the standard "don't to it" reply from them. I'll
ask Air King next to see if I have better luck with them.

If any of you have experience with this kind of thing, please advise me
on how to proceed. If there's already a device that I can buy and just
plug in, that would be best. If there's some tinkering to do, it would
depend on the depth and complexity of that tinkering.

Don't do it. Unless you don't mind the consequences.

Martin Levac
Had nothing better to do tonight huh, Tom?
Tom Biasi

You are not obligated to consider anything that I say.
Salmon Egg
2011-06-21 09:55:52 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
The operator's manual states that the fan must not be used with a solid
state speed control device. I understand that to mean that I must not
simply attempt to vary the voltage, i.e. from 120VAC to 90VAC for
example. I understand that this may cause the amperage to rise, and all
sorts of nasty things may occur after that.
I don't know the details. It would be mighty peculiar controller that
would change frequency without changing voltage. As a general rule, you
should be able to run typical induction motors below synchronous speed
by changing the frequency to less than line frequency. BUT you have to
lower the voltage in proportion to the frequency so as not to get
excessive no load current.

If you do that, the only consequence is lower maximum torque. For a fan,
that should not be a problem.

This assumes that between your own controller and the actual motor
itself there is no other controller or circuitry that does not like
yours.
--
Sam

Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.
JIMMIE
2011-06-21 02:55:41 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
The motor is an induction motor, as far as you are concerned this
means the speed is locked to the frequency of the AC line. There are
some tricks in rearranging some connections to the stator winding to
get some different speeds but 3 different speeds are about the limit.
I haven't looked but I bet if you google variable speed induction
motors you will get a lot more info.

Jimmie
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 04:50:43 UTC
Post by JIMMIE
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Since the speed of the motor is locked to the AC frequency, and since
I'm not about to fiddle around the insides of that motor, then it means
I want a device that controls the AC frequency at the power cord. Any
idea how to proceed, Jimmie?
jamesgangnc
2011-06-21 11:52:08 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by JIMMIE
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
idea how to proceed, Jimmie?- Hide quoted text -
The problem is that you can't simply continue to lower the frequency
as the lower the frequency the less effective the induction is. Also
you will find that variable frequency controllers are pricey.

Your best bet is to find a motor with brushes that you can vary the
speed of with common speed controllers.
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 12:21:52 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
The problem is that you can't simply continue to lower the frequency
as the lower the frequency the less effective the induction is. Also
you will find that variable frequency controllers are pricey.
Your best bet is to find a motor with brushes that you can vary the
speed of with common speed controllers.
I did find that. Cheapest VFD at a glance was $325. Although I don't see
why they should be. Maybe these things are too specialized to be made
cheaply.

It's a fan and there's little I can do about its design. It must be
quiet and that is partly why I want full control over the speed.
jamesgangnc
2011-06-21 12:38:25 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by jamesgangnc
The problem is that you can't simply continue to lower the frequency
as the lower the frequency the less effective the induction is.  Also
you will find that variable frequency controllers are pricey.
Your best bet is to find a motor with brushes that you can vary the
speed of with common speed controllers.
I did find that. Cheapest VFD at a glance was $325. Although I don't see
why they should be. Maybe these things are too specialized to be made
cheaply.
It's a fan and there's little I can do about its design. It must be
quiet and that is partly why I want full control over the speed.
That's part of it. There is not a high demand. Theoretetically an
inverter design could be adapted to a variable frequency output. But
you still have to convert to dc, then convert back to ac with a
variable frequency switching supply of some sort. And you are still
limited by the ability of the induction motor to operate at lower
frequencies. Even 30hz, which is just half, is far worse at
induction.

Practically all small fans will be built with an induction motor and
speed control will be done via multiple sets of windings. Brushed
motors are more costly and have issues with brush wear and electrical
noise. They are seldom found in home appliances. I have seen them in
blenders though. Probably because blenders have a lot of speeds.

Your most effective solution, barring finding a fan with a non
induction motor, would be to replace the motor. That will probably
involve some minor fabrication unless you are really lucky. Another
option would be a DC motor and a variable output dc power supply.

But as you have found, there is no simple plug in solution for your
problem.

Perhaps a smaller fan. Or put the fan in a window further away from
you. If you leave the nearby window open you will still be in the
cross breeze.
Evan
2011-06-21 16:59:29 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by jamesgangnc
[...]
+1 to this...

A DC motor in a fan will be easier to control in the manner you
desire and wish to control your fan in for whatever unknown and
insane reasons.you have yet to disclose...

~~ Evan
SMS
2011-06-22 17:00:08 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
Your most effective solution, barring finding a fan with a non
induction motor, would be to replace the motor. That will probably
involve some minor fabrication unless you are really lucky. Another
option would be a DC motor and a variable output dc power supply.
There's a lecture here
that
talks about speed control of induction motors.

He can buy something like this:
<http://compare.ebay.com/like/350324043938?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y>
to do the job.
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 16:28:45 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Martin Levac
Post by jamesgangnc
[...]
I just want to say thanks for the reply and effort. I appreciate it.
That goes for the other useful posters too.
Smitty Two
2011-06-24 17:49:11 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
I just want to say thanks for the reply and effort. I appreciate it.
That goes for the other useful posters too.
I just have one more question, if you don't mind: Do you think it might
be easier to just buy a fan that already has the features you want? For
continuously variable speed, maybe a Vornado, or for quietness, one of
those goofy bladeless fans from the pompous vacuum cleaner guy?

If you think that posters who told you that you were on a fool's errand
are assholes who should fuck off, your definition of "useful" feedback
is a bit skewed.
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 19:26:21 UTC
Post by Smitty Two
Post by Martin Levac
I just want to say thanks for the reply and effort. I appreciate it.
That goes for the other useful posters too.
I just have one more question, if you don't mind: Do you think it might
be easier to just buy a fan that already has the features you want? For
continuously variable speed, maybe a Vornado, or for quietness, one of
those goofy bladeless fans from the pompous vacuum cleaner guy?
If you think that posters who told you that you were on a fool's errand
are assholes who should fuck off, your definition of "useful" feedback
is a bit skewed.
I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.

I have to admit that I thought that my original purchase would be
adequate even if I knew it only had three fixed speeds and I only found
out that it wasn't adequate after the fact. Such is the risk of buying
before trying.
Smitty Two
2011-06-24 20:16:03 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.
A bit of googling reveals several Vornado models with infinitely
variable speed. Whether or not they're specifically designed for window
installation, I don't know, because I didn't feel like doing that much
research. But I saw at least 3 models of infinitely variable design.
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 22:11:04 UTC
Post by Smitty Two
Post by Martin Levac
I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.
A bit of googling reveals several Vornado models with infinitely
variable speed. Whether or not they're specifically designed for window
installation, I don't know, because I didn't feel like doing that much
research. But I saw at least 3 models of infinitely variable design.
Thanks for the tip. I searched myself and found only the Vornado 280AE
window fan model with that feature, although not for sale. The hunt begins.
RicodJour
2011-06-25 03:18:50 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Smitty Two
Post by Martin Levac
I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.
A bit of googling reveals several Vornado models with infinitely
variable speed. Whether or not they're specifically designed for window
installation, I don't know, because I didn't feel like doing that much
research. But I saw at least 3 models of infinitely variable design.
Thanks for the tip. I searched myself and found only the Vornado 280AE
window fan model with that feature, although not for sale. The hunt begins.
I was right - this is entertaining. You go off half-cocked and buy
something that doesn't do what you want, than you get your panties in
a twist when people tell you you're half-cocked idea for how to fix
the problem you got yourself into won't work, and now, after being a
newsgroup puppet on a string, you decide to start doing your homework.

Glad to be of use. :)

Next time ask for the advice before you buy something and get yourself
into trouble.

The Ghost In The Machine
TROLL !
Martin Levac
2011-06-25 05:08:59 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Smitty Two
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Wait, you mean to say that my inability to predict the future is a
character flaw? Hindsight is 20/20 indeed. This reminds me of South Park
and the Captain Hindsight episode for some reason. Add this to your
initial reply of "don't do it", and you make a full fledged coward who
will do everything in his power not to take any risk whatsoever, and
fail to learn anything in the process. Because, as you know, we can only
learn from our mistakes, and since you don't make any due to your
cowardice and your unwillingness to take any risk, that makes you
ignorant as well.

Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
RicodJour
2011-06-25 13:21:21 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Smitty Two
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Of course not. You're obstreperous behavior and ridiculous
defensiveness over your mistake is your character flaw. One of them.
Post by Martin Levac
Hindsight is 20/20 indeed. This reminds me of South Park
and the Captain Hindsight episode for some reason. Add this to your
initial reply of "don't do it", and you make a full fledged coward who
will do everything in his power not to take any risk whatsoever, and
fail to learn anything in the process. Because, as you know, we can only
learn from our mistakes, and since you don't make any due to your
cowardice and your unwillingness to take any risk, that makes you
ignorant as well.
a). I never told you to "don't do it" or anything of the kind. I
told Evan to not waste his time on you as you said you needed magic to
change you mind.
b). I make plenty of mistakes, responding to you being one of the
lesser ones (after counseling Evan to save his breath it makes my
mistake bigger - I keep a careful accounting).
c). Coward...? Is Rod Serling around here somewhere? I must have
stepped through a door and gone back in time to some playground. I
hate doing that.
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.

Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man. Honest.

Tom Biasi
2011-06-25 14:01:38 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.

Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man. Honest.

He did nothing but give a wise-ass remark to anyone who told him something
he didn't want to hear.
HE IS JUST A KID TROLL !!!111
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-25 16:39:22 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.
Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man.  Honest.
He did nothing but give a wise-ass remark to anyone who told him something
he didn't want to hear.
HE IS JUST A KID TROLL !!!111
NO HE IS A FOOLISH FAGGOTY TROLL......JUST LIKE YOU.
APPATENTLY WITH THE SAME FLAMING TROLL KEYBOARD......YOU FOOL !!!
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-25 18:03:32 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Martin Levac
Post by RicodJour
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.
Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man. Honest.
I will remember you as useless and unhelpful and mildly annoying. What
an impression you made on me. And now you're making lists as if what you
have to say is important? I can make lists too.

I will remember you as:

a) useless
b) unhelpful
c) mildly annoying

See? Now it's all important looking.

It just occurred to me, do you think me a fool? Beware, your answer will
determine your own character.
Evan
2011-06-25 20:53:21 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.
Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man.  Honest.
I will remember you as useless and unhelpful and mildly annoying. What
an impression you made on me. And now you're making lists as if what you
have to say is important? I can make lists too.
a) useless
b) unhelpful
c) mildly annoying
See? Now it's all important looking.
It just occurred to me, do you think me a fool? Beware, your answer will
determine your own character.
Wow, you completely summed yourself up in a neat ordered little
list...

You are quite the self-aware troll, aren't you...

~~ Evan
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 02:53:27 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
Post by RicodJour
Post by Martin Levac
Post by RicodJour
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Have you ever looked up the definition of the word troll on Wikipedia?
Did you know that one defining characteristic of a troll is the tendency
to accuse others of being a troll? If all you have to say is "you're a
troll", perhaps it would be wise to look at your own contribution to the
discussion and how that contribution defines your character.
RicodJour
2011-06-25 23:37:15 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.
Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man.  Honest.
I will remember you as useless and unhelpful and mildly annoying. What
an impression you made on me. And now you're making lists as if what you
have to say is important? I can make lists too.
a) useless
b) unhelpful
c) mildly annoying
See? Now it's all important looking.
It just occurred to me, do you think me a fool? Beware, your answer will
determine your own character.
Sigh. No, Marty, you are not a fool. You just have bad manners, an
inflated opinion of your smarts and trouble accepting criticism.

BTW, you didn't think the computer fan array was helpful? Why not?

Martin Levac
2011-06-26 02:49:05 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Sigh. No, Marty, you are not a fool. You just have bad manners, an
inflated opinion of your smarts and trouble accepting criticism.
BTW, you didn't think the computer fan array was helpful? Why not?
Computer fans are too small thus must spin too fast thus produce too
much noise. And the frequency of that noise is too high thus much more
obvious and annoying comparatively. As for my bad manners, consider that
I only _reply_ in kind, I've never _started_ any bullshit, but I
certainly gave back as much as was taken. All my replies to those
helpful and informative were polite and kind and appreciative. How would
you define my original post if not polite, concise and to the point? Why
would I show bad manners if I wanted help? That makes no sense. But then
why would I be polite to those who are useless, unhelpful and downright
obnoxious to me with no provocation whatsoever from me like that guy who
thinks he's the boss of a.e.electrical, TGITM?

I am not above going very low in my social interaction to make a point.
But I wouldn't just start off that way to piss people off for no reason.
As far as I can see, there's been exactly zero legitimate criticism of
anything I said. And the criticism that was made was directed at my
desire to obtain information, and the simple desire to do what I want
with that information. How the fuck do you justify this kind of
criticism, especially in the absence of any helpful comment in the same
breath? I was raised to shut the fuck up if I had nothing good to say.
But I was also raised to stand up for myself. I won't start a fight, but
I'll finish it. Hence, I reply in kind until the point is made clear.

Is the point made clear?
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-26 03:58:22 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.
That's good advice.
Like I said before, ask you questions beforehand - it won't make you
less of a man.  Honest.
I will remember you as useless and unhelpful and mildly annoying. What
an impression you made on me. And now you're making lists as if what you
have to say is important? I can make lists too.
a) useless
b) unhelpful
c) mildly annoying
See? Now it's all important looking.
It just occurred to me, do you think me a fool? Beware, your answer will
determine your own character.
NO WE DO NOT THINK IT...WE KNOW IT, YOU IDIOT.
YOUR GRANDIOSE POST PROVES IT, YOU KEYBOARD HUGGING DUMMY.
TGITM
RicodJour
2011-06-21 12:55:06 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by jamesgangnc
The problem is that you can't simply continue to lower the frequency
as the lower the frequency the less effective the induction is.  Also
you will find that variable frequency controllers are pricey.
Your best bet is to find a motor with brushes that you can vary the
speed of with common speed controllers.
I did find that. Cheapest VFD at a glance was $325. Although I don't see
why they should be. Maybe these things are too specialized to be made
cheaply.
It's a fan and there's little I can do about its design. It must be
quiet and that is partly why I want full control over the speed.
There's little you can do? Come on, Sparky! Design and build one
yourself. It's not magic. Build a bank of 12v computer fans -
they're quiet enough. Or spring for a fan that does what you want
without 'fixing it'.

BTW, I'd never tell someone not to do something that has the potential
of keeping me entertained.

Martin Levac
We all know what you did. It wasn't your smartest move.
Don Kelly
2011-06-24 03:19:35 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
The problem is that you can't simply continue to lower the frequency
as the lower the frequency the less effective the induction is. Also
you will find that variable frequency controllers are pricey.
Your best bet is to find a motor with brushes that you can vary the
speed of with common speed controllers.
I did find that. Cheapest VFD at a glance was $325. Although I don't see
why they should be. Maybe these things are too specialized to be made
cheaply.

It's a fan and there's little I can do about its design. It must be
quiet and that is partly why I want full control over the speed.
------------------------------------
One problem with using a solid state voltage controller (fairly cheap in
small sizes) is that you have to set the minimum possible speed to some
reasonable value in order to avoid stalling/overheating. It may not be quiet
enough at that setting.
Depending on the nature of the controller that is built in , there could be
a problem if the built in controller was set to its lowest setting and the
external controller limit was set for the case of the built in controller at
a higher setting. in any case using an external controller, might not give
you any advantage over the lowest speed setting built in.

There is also the possibility that the manufacturer is covering its legal
ass.

Don Kelly
cross out to reply
JIMMIE
2011-06-22 17:26:05 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by JIMMIE
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Variable Frequency power inverter. The basic idea would be like taking
a UPS and making the output frequency variable.. The real problem
doing thiss is that the design of the motor is such that if you get
very far away from 60 Hz with a cheap fan motor it is going to start
to heat up. To get around this problem you will need a motor designed
for it. We use such motors at work and they are expensive.

Jimmie
Rich.
2011-06-22 18:40:02 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
Just set your internal fan switch to high and use one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
jamesgangnc
2011-06-22 19:21:52 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
Just set your internal fan switch to high and use one of these:http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
It's very unlikely that this speed controller works with induction
motors. Most hand tool motors have brushes.
SMS
2011-06-22 19:34:50 UTC
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
What part of "Works with any universal AC/DC brush-type motor, 15 amps
and under" don't you understand?

A $10 fan doesn't have a brush motor.

I'd buy enough of these
<http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CF-320/48VDC-120MM-COOLING-FAN/1.html>
to replace the innards of the Lasko fan. Power it with a variable
transformer
<http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/SC-3M/3_AMP_VARIABLE_TRANSFORMER/-/1.html>
and a bridge rectifier and somehow prevent the variable transformer from
going below 24V or over 48V.
Jim Yanik
2011-06-23 13:45:53 UTC
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control
unit (links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine
tune the speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that
I would attach to the power cord, and control the speed from there
instead.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
or wire an incandescent lamp dimmer to a duplex outlet,then plug in the
fan(on high range).
That's how I speed control my fixed speed model 270 Dremel Mototool.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
dot com
jamesgangnc
2011-06-23 13:49:48 UTC
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control
unit (links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine
tune the speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that
I would attach to the power cord, and control the speed from there
instead.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
or wire an incandescent lamp dimmer to a duplex outlet,then plug in the
fan(on high range).
That's how I speed control my fixed speed model 270 Dremel Mototool.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com- Hide quoted text -
Again. Your dremel is a brushed motor, not an induction motor. What
works for a motor with brushes doesn't work on induction motors.
jamesgangnc
2011-06-23 14:13:57 UTC
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control
unit (links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine
tune the speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that
I would attach to the power cord, and control the speed from there
instead.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
or wire an incandescent lamp dimmer to a duplex outlet,then plug in the
fan(on high range).
That's how I speed control my fixed speed model 270 Dremel Mototool.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com- Hide quoted text -
Again.  Your dremel is a brushed motor, not an induction motor.  What
works for a motor with brushes doesn't work on induction motors.- Hide quoted text -
For those that don't understand induction motors. An induction motor
is both a trasnformer and a motor. It's really a clever idea that
recognizes that both motors and transformers are made of two coils.
The speed of the rotor is important in an induction motor so speeds
are controlled by the design of the motor. That's why multiple speed
induction motors have mutliple sets of stator windings. Which winding
you energize determines the speed. And also why messing aorund with
the voltage, particularly with controls that simply clip the sine wave
doesn't work very well. You can vary the speed by changing the
frequency. But only to a point because low frequencies don't work so
well with a transformer.
Evan
2011-06-23 18:01:55 UTC
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
The OP here isn't interested in any information from people who
know what they are doing -- he/she/it/they are looking for something
which does not exist (a cord mounted VFD control) to try and
precisely regulate the speed of a $35 dollar consumer grade window
fan...

Let the OP figure it out on his own -- clearly doesn't like being
informed that his desired device doesn't exist, or that the fan
he wants to control won't work with the controller or that the
motors which work with VFD controllers are expensive...

The OP is ignoring all of that and is therefore a troll...

~~ Evan
Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-23 21:48:09 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Film at 11, of the fire department trying to put out the fire and
drag his corpse out of the building.
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-24 02:08:11 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
SHUT UP FOOL! ... YOU DEFINE YOURSELF WELL IN THAT ALT.HOME.REPAIR
POST.
YOU DIRTY LOW DOWN TROLL.......YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE BUT YOURSELF.
YOU GODDAMNED IDIOT...WHAT SICK CONTEMPT FOR HUMAN LIFE YOU HAVE, YOU
FAT FAITHLESS FESTERING FREAK !

PATECUM
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 15:53:28 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Correction, Evan, the OP (as it happens, that's me) wants information,
information which you refused to provide outright. So Evan, fuck off.
jamesgangnc
2011-06-24 16:15:55 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
information which you refused to provide outright. So Evan, fuck off.- Hide quoted text -
I think the point is that you initially did not seem very receptive to
the suggestion that there is not a practical solution to your problem
given the constraints you placed on the solution. Pont could have
been made without calling you a troll though.
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 16:24:13 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
I think the point is that Evan initially did not give a fuck about the
subject and decided then and there that it was useless to even try to
give me the information that I asked for. I've had a lot of experience
with smart asses who will simply not give proper advice and the only
advice they will give is "don't do it". Even is just one more smart ass.
Well, fuck him.
jamesgangnc
2011-06-24 16:32:21 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Well, fuck him.- Hide quoted text -
Movng on. I presume you've gotten all the information on the subject
now. Or do you still have questions? And what's your plan next?
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 19:39:51 UTC
Post by jamesgangnc
Movng on. I presume you've gotten all the information on the subject
now. Or do you still have questions? And what's your plan next?
I got all the info I wanted I think, thanks. My plan is to stick with
what I got and look for a bargain VFD or a window fan with the feature I
want. Thanks again.
Evan
2011-06-25 20:47:53 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Umm... You want information on something which does not
exist for the application and device you want to redneck-engineer...

Rather than accept that INFORMATION and try to find another way
(i.e. not in a window mounted, speed controlled [with the control
cord mounted] fan) to accomplish your desire to move air quietly
you continue to ask pointless questions and balk at the fruits
of your own explorations as costing too much...

That sir is the textbook definition of trolling...

~~ Evan
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 02:56:38 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by jamesgangnc
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Accusing others of being a troll is a defining characteristic of
trollish behavior. Another defining characteristic of trollish behavior
is the total uselessness of the contribution to the discussion. It seems
therefore that you have some introspecting to do, Evan.
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-26 04:03:01 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Evan
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
HE'S ALSO A DUMMY THAT LOVES OR SEEMS TO WANT SOMEONE TO HAND HIS ASS
BACK TO HIM.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA....DON'T TRY TO MAKE SENCE TO HIM.
HE IS A FANTASY TROLL.....SECOND COUSIN TO SHREK.
BOOWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OHHHOHOHOHOHOHO
HAHAHAHAHA

YES MARTINETTE LEVACUUM YOU ARE A GARDEN VARIETY TROLL
SAY GOODBYE NOW..OR AT LEAST GRUNT FOR US :)
ROTFLMAO
TGITM
Salmon Egg
2011-06-23 14:34:56 UTC
Post by Jim Yanik
Post by Rich.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
or wire an incandescent lamp dimmer to a duplex outlet,then plug in the
fan(on high range).
That's how I speed control my fixed speed model 270 Dremel Mototool.
I am virtually certain that a that kind of tool uses a universal motor.

Rich.
2011-06-23 18:46:44 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
A ceiling paddle fan is an induction motor. Get a paddle fan speed control,
install it in a box along with an outlet and a cord.
Like one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/BestFan-Speed-Control-SPEED-CONTROL/dp/B000LNMR2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308854747&sr=1-1-catcorr
Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-23 21:45:55 UTC
Post by Rich.
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html
Better buy a fire extinguisher, too.
Martin Levac
Already covered. :)
j***@myplace.com
2011-06-24 11:23:47 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Since the speed of the motor is locked to the AC frequency, and since
I'm not about to fiddle around the insides of that motor, then it means
I want a device that controls the AC frequency at the power cord. Any
idea how to proceed, Jimmie?
Remove the motor. Replace it with a variable speed electric drill.
Rig up a means to connect the fan blade to the drill, and your problem
is solved.
Evan
2011-06-21 03:14:20 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
@Martin:

You can not turn a consumer appliance with a cheap induction motor
into a perfectly adjustable device with the same precision of a VFD
motor...
First off, the variable frequency controller would cost more than the
fan
you want to run with it...

The cheapo motor the fan is currently equipped with has several
windings
in it which are energized in the same way a 3-way light bulb is
configured...
Low setting is a smaller winding -- Medium speed is a larger winding
and
Hi speed is all windings on at once...

The bigger question here is why you need to have a totally adjustable
window fan unit -- and just how insane you would be trying to obtain
something which just doesn't exist...

~~ Evan
RicodJour
2011-06-21 04:45:54 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
I sent a request for information on how to do what I want but I got the
standard "don't do it" reply. As if by some magical mysterious way, I'm
going to change my mind. So no luck from the manufacturer.
Evan, I think you missed ^ this part when you replied.
Post by Evan
The bigger question here is why you need to have a totally adjustable
window fan unit -- and just how insane you would be trying to obtain
something which just doesn't exist...
The OP has indicated that it would take magic to change his mind.
Unless you're feeling up on your mojo, I'd give this one a pass.

Martin Levac
2011-06-21 05:25:32 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Evan
The bigger question here is why you need to have a totally adjustable
window fan unit -- and just how insane you would be trying to obtain
something which just doesn't exist...
The OP has indicated that it would take magic to change his mind.
Unless you're feeling up on your mojo, I'd give this one a pass.
Oh the irony. You do realize that you just told somebody "don't do it"
it being him telling me "don't do it", and on newsgroups that deal with
subjects that have pretty much zero tolerance for that kind of bullshit,
right?
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 04:57:05 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
From where I'm standing, you're no help at all, Evan. Which brings me
to my next question, can you turn a perfectly useless usenet poster into
a productive and useful usenet poster? And just how insane you would be
trying to obtain something which just doesn't exist...
Evan
2011-06-21 16:56:08 UTC
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
 From where I'm standing, you're no help at all, Evan. Which brings me
to my next question, can you turn a perfectly useless usenet poster into
a productive and useful usenet poster? And just how insane you would be
trying to obtain something which just doesn't exist...
YOU ARE NOT going to find a cord control capable of what you want to
do... You could build a controller to do what you want but it would
need
to be in a large metal box like the motor controllers for industrial
motors and
HVAC equipment get installed in... Remember (Variable Frequency
Drive)...

You are asking something along the lines of "how do I install cabinet
rated
electrical equipment into an extension cord control"...

Get the picture ?

~~ Evan
Martin Levac
Nope, still no help at all. Get the picture?
VWWall
2011-06-21 17:32:14 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
Hello,
I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control unit
(links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine tune the
speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that I would attach
to the power cord, and control the speed from there instead.
The operator's manual states that the fan must not be used with a solid
state speed control device. I understand that to mean that I must not
simply attempt to vary the voltage, i.e. from 120VAC to 90VAC for
example. I understand that this may cause the amperage to rise, and all
sorts of nasty things may occur after that.
Nope, still no help at all. Get the picture?
Some small induction motors, particularly if driving a load like a fan,
can be made to run at a slower speed by simply decreasing the voltage.
As has been mentioned, the usual solid state control removes part of the
AC waveform, which may result in motor overheating.

This can be done with a tapped autotransformer or simply with a series
resistor(s). A variable resistor of sufficient power rating would give
limited stepless speed control.

I have a condenser fan on my refrigerator that the repairman replaced
with one that sounded like a jet taking off! I dropped the voltage to
about 90 volts and it's been happily and quietly running for the past
five years.

You'll never know if your particular motor behaves in this way until you
try it. It may run fine at a lower voltage, but not start. In this
case you need to insure it's always started with the higher voltage.
Virg Wall
Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-22 05:02:13 UTC
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Virg, you're wasting your time. This is crosposted from
alt.home.repair which is full of trolls and dangerous idiots. Killfile
the loser.
RicodJour
2011-06-22 05:33:11 UTC
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Define dangerous. ;)

BTW, I thought Eddie Lebec was one of yours.

Smitty Two
2011-06-22 16:17:19 UTC
In article
Post by RicodJour
BTW, I thought Eddie Lebec was one of yours.
Yeah, never seen him on a.h.r. before, regardless of whether he's Martin
or Eddie.
Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-23 21:44:41 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Michael A. Terrell
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Define define! ;-)
Post by RicodJour
BTW, I thought Eddie Lebec was one of yours.
Never heard of anyone by that name.
RicodJour
2011-06-24 03:13:56 UTC
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
It's using other words to explain other other words.
BTW, I thought Eddie Lebec was one of yours.
   Never heard of anyone by that name.
Never watched Cheers!...? That old TV vehicle for Ted Danson, Kirstie
Alley and Kelsey Grammer? Eddie Lebec was the Canuckiadian goalie
that Carla was involved with for a few episodes.

Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-24 09:10:55 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Michael A. Terrell
Post by RicodJour
Post by Michael A. Terrell
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Whoosh! ;-)
Post by RicodJour
Post by Michael A. Terrell
Post by RicodJour
BTW, I thought Eddie Lebec was one of yours.
Never heard of anyone by that name.
Never watched Cheers!...? That old TV vehicle for Ted Danson, Kirstie
Alley and Kelsey Grammer? Eddie Lebec was the Canuckiadian goalie
that Carla was involved with for a few episodes.
I've been trying to forget that series. 'Gilligan's Island' was
better. :(
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 16:20:45 UTC
Post by Michael A. Terrell
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
Yes, I did crosspost in a.h.repair. Forgive me if I fucked up but I
thought that people who worked on their own homes would know a thing or
two about the subject. And if a.h.repair is full of idjits and trolls,
don't fucking blame me, I didn't put them there. And if you consider
yourself smart enough to know who's a moron and who's not, consider the
fact that there's just about as many moron electricians as there are
moron doctors, politicians and garbage collectors. If there's a loser
here to killfile, it ain't me.

Have a nice fucking day.
Michael A. Terrell
2011-06-24 18:36:05 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Yes, I did crosspost in a.h.repair. Forgive me if I fucked up but I
thought that people who worked on their own homes would know a thing or
two about the subject. And if a.h.repair is full of idjits and trolls,
don't fucking blame me, I didn't put them there. And if you consider
yourself smart enough to know who's a moron and who's not, consider the
fact that there's just about as many moron electricians as there are
moron doctors, politicians and garbage collectors. If there's a loser
here to killfile, it ain't me.
Wrong.
Post by Martin Levac
Have a nice fucking day.
PLONK. You're another foul mouthed idiot like Roy and the others I
won't waste any more time on.
Martin Levac
2011-06-24 19:32:58 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Have a nice fucking day.
PLONK. You're another foul mouthed idiot like Roy and the others I
won't waste any more time on.
So, you wasted your time posting here just to tell me that you won't
waste your time on me anymore?

Buddy, there's a lesson for you in there somewhere. Are you going to
learn it?
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-25 03:25:08 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Have a nice fucking day.
   PLONK.  You're another foul mouthed idiot like Roy and the others I
won't waste any more time on.
WHO THE FICK IS ROY??? YOUR MAN CRUSH?!?
HAS HE EVEN POSTED A RESPONSE TO THIS ?
EAT SHIT TERROLL , YOU ANAL RETENTIVE FUCKWAD.
YOU AND THAT DUMBASS SCUMSUCKER MARTINETTE DESERVE EACH OTHER.
TGITM
Gz
2011-06-23 14:12:03 UTC
Post by VWWall
Post by Martin Levac
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
I have slowed things down with a green plug.

Greg
Salmon Egg
2011-06-21 10:08:30 UTC
In article
Post by Evan
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
There may be some tricks I do not know about but the only way I can
think to make cheap three speed induction motors that are also
reasonably efficient and without costly electronics is to switch the
wiring to change the effective number of poles.

I am now curious enough to look that up.

harry
2011-06-21 07:43:24 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
The reason for this is that most electronic speed
control devices produce non-sinusoidal waveforms.
This causes the motors to overheat due to Increased
"iron losses".
Some can stand it, some can't.
Obviously, yours is a "can't"
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-21 08:25:25 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
WHERE DO YOU LIVE, IN A GHETTO?
PUT UP AN AIR CONDITIONER LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE DO.

IF THAT OFFENDS YOU THEN PUT YOUR FAN ON HIGH AND ADD YOUR CRAZY SPEED
CONTROL GADGET, IF THAT WINDING BURNS OUT SWITCH IT TO MEDIUM, AND
WHEN THE MEDIUM SETTING BURNS OUT, SWITCH IT TO LOW.......AFTER THAT
YOU CAN THROW IT OUT SPENT AND INSTALL AN AC.
YOU BUMB!;)
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 12:12:04 UTC
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
WASSAMATTAH, CAPS KEY STUCK DUMBITCH? WHY DONT YOU BUY A KEYBORED LIKE
NORMAL PEUPLES DO? YOU DUMS!!!!!!111111

IF THAT OFFENDS YOU... FUCK ME, YOU TOOO DUMB TO BE OFFENDED DUMBICH!!111
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-21 17:12:40 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
SO YOU HAD TO GO THERE YOU LOWLIFE SCUMSUCKING MARTINETTE.
HAVE IT YOUR WAY FOOL.......YOU ARE LIKE A COCKROACH INVESTATION
JAMMING AND MUCKING UP YOUR KEYBOARD AND THIS GROUP...OH AND DONT TALK
ABOUT YOUR MAMMA THAT WAY, ASSHOLE!
TGITM

TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 17:59:53 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
YOURE DOIN A MIGHTY FINE JOB OF CRAPPIN ALL OVER YOURSELF DUMMYY!!!1!!!

I AM WRITING SLOWLY BECAUSE I KNOW YOU DO NOT READ VERY FAST DUMBICH!!!!111

YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY RAT PORN YOU KNOW JUST LOOK DOWN!!11!!!!

DUMBICH!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!! YEA!!!!!111
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-25 03:20:55 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DIRTY LOW LIFE SCUMSUCKING TROLL.
AND STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR MOTHER THAT WAY, FOOL.
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-25 05:18:12 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
STAY IN SCHOOL DUMAZZ, YOU MIGHT LEARN A THING OR TWO!!!!!1111

OH FUCK ME, NO YOU WONT LEARN FUCK ALL CUZ YOU A DUMAZZ DUMAZZ!!!!!1111

AXSHUALLY, YOU DID LEARN SOMETHIN, YOU LEARNED TO TROLL THE NEWSGROUPS
AND PRETEND TO BE SOMEBODY IMPOTENT!!!1111 IMPOTENT!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!!1111

HAR HAR HAR!!!!11!!!! HILARIOUS HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

THATS TOO MANY HARS FOR YOU DUMAZZ IMPOTENT PERSON!!!!!1111

YOU MUST HAVE NO FUCKING LIFE IF YOU PUT SO MUCH TIME REPLYING TO ME
HERE DUMAZZ1111!!! DUMAZZ??? CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM DUMAZZ!!!!!11111 ONE
LAST THING ON THE INTARWEBS AND YOU GO TO SLEEP DUMAZZ!!!!1111111

IMPOTENT DUMAZZ GOTNOLIFE DUMAZZ PERSON GOTOSLEEP DUMAZZ!!!!1111
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-25 16:35:48 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
YOUR LIFE MUST BE A BED OF ROSES, YOU DITZY FAGGOTY TROLL..
GO FUCK YOURSELF FOOL....YOU LOVE POTENT MEN DONT YOU?
BOOWAHAHAHAHA ! YOU FOOL I AM THE GHOST WITH THE MOST.
BUT DONKEY BOY SEEMS VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR FAGGOTY TROLL ASS, FOOL.
DON't WORRY BE HAPPY, HES THE MARRYING KIND.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA !

SAVE THE PLANET...KEEP YOUR MENTAL GARBAGE AND BRAIN TRASH TO
YOURSELF, DUMBASS !
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-25 17:45:38 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
DUMASS? THATS MY INSULT DUMAZZ!11111 CANT MAKE UP YOUR OWN INSULTS
DUMAZZ??? NO IMAGINATION DUMAZZ? DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL DUMAZZ? FELL
ASLEEP IN CLASS DUMAZZ?

DUDE THE ONLY THING YOURE DOING IS SOILING YOUR OWN REPUTATION

I GOT WHAT I WANTED BUT YOU ARE JUST CRAPPING ALL OVER YOURSELF DUMAZZ
Michael Moroney
2011-06-26 02:25:49 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
DUMASS? THATS MY INSULT DUMAZZ!11111 CANT MAKE UP YOUR OWN INSULTS
DUMAZZ??? NO IMAGINATION DUMAZZ? DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL DUMAZZ? FELL
ASLEEP IN CLASS DUMAZZ?
That's Pattycakes, our very own retarded fake ghost. Be kind to him, it's
not easy to think up an original insult when you're retarded like he is.
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 03:01:38 UTC
Post by Michael Moroney
Post by Martin Levac
DUMASS? THATS MY INSULT DUMAZZ!11111 CANT MAKE UP YOUR OWN INSULTS
DUMAZZ??? NO IMAGINATION DUMAZZ? DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL DUMAZZ? FELL
ASLEEP IN CLASS DUMAZZ?
That's Pattycakes, our very own retarded fake ghost. Be kind to him, it's
not easy to think up an original insult when you're retarded like he is.
But I was trying to appear as retarded as he was. You know, just to make
a point. Looks like I got it right. Anyway, I see no point in being kind
to a retard. I mean, who's it going to offend?!?
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-26 03:55:12 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
FUUUCK YOOOU FOOOL!
THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU SCUM SUCKING TROLL....NOT ANYONE ELSE.
WHEN YOU DIE YOU COULD HAVE THE FUNERAL OWNER SHOVE IT ALL UP YOUR
SHORTLY MAGGOT RIDDEN ASS AND TAKE IT WITH YOU TO THE AFTER LIFE
TROLL......
YOU DIRTY LOW LIFE BESMIRCHING IDIOT.
IN THE MEANTIME I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BITCH ASS PROVIDER OF A HUSBAND
ARE TRULY HAPPY.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA......MARTIN LEVACUUM CLEANING SCUM SUCKER
A FOOL BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A FOOL, DUMBASS TROLL.
YOU ARE KNOWN BY YOUR SMELL BUT THE SHIT STAIN YOU ARE IS SHOWING AS
WELL.
TGITM
PATECUM
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 04:10:01 UTC
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
FUUUCK YOOOU FOOOL!
THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU SCUM SUCKING TROLL....NOT ANYONE ELSE.
WHEN YOU DIE YOU COULD HAVE THE FUNERAL OWNER SHOVE IT ALL UP YOUR
SHORTLY MAGGOT RIDDEN ASS AND TAKE IT WITH YOU TO THE AFTER LIFE
TROLL......
YOU DIRTY LOW LIFE BESMIRCHING IDIOT.
IN THE MEANTIME I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BITCH ASS PROVIDER OF A HUSBAND
ARE TRULY HAPPY.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA......MARTIN LEVACUUM CLEANING SCUM SUCKER
A FOOL BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A FOOL, DUMBASS TROLL.
YOU ARE KNOWN BY YOUR SMELL BUT THE SHIT STAIN YOU ARE IS SHOWING AS
WELL.
TGITM
PATECUM
NO, FUCK YOUUUUUU FOOOOOOOL111111!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU
FOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!1111 FUCK UCK UCK UCK YOU OU OU OU FOOL OOL OOL
OOL!!!111 FAFUCK YAYOU FAFOOL!!!!!11 FUCKITTYFUCKFUCK YOUPITTIDOOWAP
FOOLLILOOPADOOP!!!11111

FUCK YOU FOOL.
The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-26 07:20:22 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
[...]
YOU'RE A DIRTY LOW DOWN HACK...AND A FOOL.
YOUR IDIOTIC POST PROVES IT.
CAN'T STAND UP TO THE MUSIC, SO YOU DUMB IT OUT RIGHT?
YOU ARE KNOWN BY YOUR STENCH, TROLL.
SAY GOODBYE & SHUT UP ALREADY.
TGITM
TGITM
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 07:31:49 UTC
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
YOU'RE A DIRTY LOW DOWN HACK...AND A FOOL.
YOUR IDIOTIC POST PROVES IT.
CAN'T STAND UP TO THE MUSIC, SO YOU DUMB IT OUT RIGHT?
YOU ARE KNOWN BY YOUR STENCH, TROLL.
SAY GOODBYE& SHUT UP ALREADY.
TGITM
TGITM
NO YOU SAY GOODBUY DUMAZZ111!!!! ITS MY NEWSGROUP NOW LOSER. IM TAKING
OVER I GOT BIG PLANS AND YOU AINT PART OF IT. NOW GIT!!!! SCRAM!!!111
BEGONE111!! VAMONOS!!!!! HASTA LA VISTA BABY.
HeyBub
Consider a piece of cardboard and some duct tape. Jeeze!
Martin Levac
2011-06-21 17:11:09 UTC
Post by HeyBub
Consider a piece of cardboard and some duct tape. Jeeze!
That would have been funny 5 minutes ago. Alarm clock broken? Well, you
know what to fix it with at least.
HeyBub
2011-06-22 09:55:04 UTC
Post by Martin Levac
Post by HeyBub
Consider a piece of cardboard and some duct tape. Jeeze!
That would have been funny 5 minutes ago. Alarm clock broken? Well,
you know what to fix it with at least.
Everybody knows that and that's what I'm trying to explain. Heck, while I
write this I have to have a gun in each hand and a knife in the other. But
all is okay except for the few who drowned in an adjacent bog.
Salmon Egg
2011-06-21 18:28:28 UTC
I cannot believe how difficult it has been to get technical information
for the kind of three speed fan being discussed. I Googled various
terms. Without heavy restrictions, millions of hits were made without
solid information.

I did find something that showed how to switch from two-pole to
four-pole operation on for a single phase induction motor.

I did find an ambiguous description on how to get three (or) more speeds
from a universal motor by switching what would be the field winding of a
series dc motor. Good fans seem to operate with motors without
commutators. I do not know if universal motors are used with fans. I
would think induction motors would be more reliable and cheaper.

If someone has good links, please pass them along.

I did get to a catalog posting of a motor controller, offered by
Granger. I think it was a variable frequency drive. If so, the output
voltage was not reduced at low frequency.

The Ghost In The Machine
2011-06-26 08:14:42 UTC
BOOWAHAHAHAHA ....TAKE IT FOOL, SEE IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT.
I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUCH, TOO MANY GAY FUCKTARDS LIKE YOU HAVE ACCESS
AND THE WIND UP THEIR ASS ABOUT THIS GROUP ANYWAY.... I HOPE YOU FIND
A GOOD HUSBAND SOON TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS POSSESSIVE PATHETIC
PRANKSTER SENIOR STAGE, YOU DERANGED HOMOINCIPIENT.
BOOWAHAHAHA....GOOD LUCK TERROLL.....YOU PUTRID PISSANT.
MY UNCLE SAM SENDS HIS REGARDS.
BOOWAHAHAHA !

TGITM
PATECUM
Martin Levac
2011-06-26 10:55:38 UTC
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
BOOWAHAHAHAHA ....TAKE IT FOOL, SEE IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT.
I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUCH, TOO MANY GAY FUCKTARDS LIKE YOU HAVE ACCESS
AND THE WIND UP THEIR ASS ABOUT THIS GROUP ANYWAY.... I HOPE YOU FIND
A GOOD HUSBAND SOON TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS POSSESSIVE PATHETIC
PRANKSTER SENIOR STAGE, YOU DERANGED HOMOINCIPIENT.
BOOWAHAHAHA....GOOD LUCK TERROLL.....YOU PUTRID PISSANT.
MY UNCLE SAM SENDS HIS REGARDS.
BOOWAHAHAHA !
TGITM
PATECUM