OT - We created a monster -
Add Reply
Bob F
2024-10-17 20:35:10 UTC
Trump Was a TV Fantasy Invented for 'The Apprentice'

NBC’s former chief marketer regrets selling an illusion that has had
dire consequences for the world.

"I want to apologize to America. I helped create a monster.

For nearly 25 years, I led marketing at NBC and NBCUniversal. I led the
team that marketed “The Apprentice,” the reality show that made Donald
Trump a household name outside of New York City, where he was better
known for overextending his empire and appearing in celebrity gossip
columns.

To sell the show, we created the narrative that Trump was a
super-successful businessman who lived like royalty. That was the
conceit of the show. At the very least, it was a substantial
exaggeration; at worst, it created a false narrative by making him seem
more successful than he was.

In fact, Trump declared business bankruptcy four times before the show
went into production, and at least twice more during his 14 seasons
hosting. The imposing board room where he famously fired contestants was
a set, because his real boardroom was too old and shabby for TV."

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2024-10-16/we-created-a-tv-illusion-for-the-apprentice-but-the-real-trump-threatens-america
micky
2024-10-18 01:37:08 UTC
Great find. The 2nd half of the article is very interesting too.

I'm sure he regrets what he and they did with his whole heart.