Biden economy prices Pacific NorthWest May 15, 2024
Add Reply
Bank of America
2024-05-16 08:26:52 UTC
Loaf of Wonder Bread - $4.59
Worcestershire sauce small - $5.79
Passed on Pringles - $3.05
Lay's Stax Sour Cream - $2.49
Pint of half and half - $2.40
Half gallon store brand milk - $3.18
Cheez-It Grooves, 6oz - $4.29
12 pod store brand coffee - $4.68
Lemon cake - $4.66
16oz Bush's Best, Baked Beans, Original - $2.49
Bananas - $.79 lb x 2.5 - $1.98
8 pack Gatorade - $8.24
Dozen regular eggs - $3.82
Applewood smoked bacon, 24 oz - $13.99
Pound of Boar's Head beef bologna - $12.10
4 Boneless pork chops, 1/2" - $9.15
2 Sirloins - $17.28
3.5 lb family pack of drumsticks - $6.68
Tillamook Udderly Chocolate Ice Cream - $5.59
22.4 gallons of Chevron regular @ $4.34 - $97
Gas Buddy website lies.
Colour Sergeant Bourne
2024-05-16 18:34:47 UTC
Post by Bank of America
Loaf of Wonder Bread - $4.59
Worcestershire sauce small - $5.79
Passed on Pringles - $3.05
Lay's Stax Sour Cream - $2.49
Pint of half and half - $2.40
Half gallon store brand milk - $3.18
Cheez-It Grooves, 6oz - $4.29
12 pod store brand coffee - $4.68
Lemon cake - $4.66
16oz Bush's Best, Baked Beans, Original - $2.49
Bananas - $.79 lb x 2.5 - $1.98
8 pack Gatorade - $8.24
Dozen regular eggs - $3.82
Applewood smoked bacon, 24 oz - $13.99
Pound of Boar's Head beef bologna - $12.10
4 Boneless pork chops, 1/2" - $9.15
2 Sirloins - $17.28
3.5 lb family pack of drumsticks - $6.68
Tillamook Udderly Chocolate Ice Cream - $5.59
Gas Buddy website lies.
If that was my diet, I'd get to my doc and ask for a referral to the lab
for a fasting lipid profile with a detailed breakout of cholesterol
numbers ;-)
--
Luke, what’s your dirt doing in Boss Keen’s ditch?
- Boss Paul
slothe
2024-05-16 21:39:28 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Partial credit for the beans. High in fibre and blocks some cholesterol
absorption. It will help offset that lemon cake. Think I'll pick some
of that up later.
Bob F
2024-05-16 19:00:22 UTC
Post by Bank of America
Loaf of Wonder Bread - $4.59
Worcestershire sauce small - $5.79
Passed on Pringles - $3.05
Lay's Stax Sour Cream - $2.49
Pint of half and half - $2.40
Half gallon store brand milk - $3.18
Cheez-It Grooves, 6oz - $4.29
12 pod store brand coffee - $4.68
Lemon cake - $4.66
16oz Bush's Best, Baked Beans, Original - $2.49
Bananas - $.79 lb x 2.5 - $1.98
8 pack Gatorade - $8.24
Dozen regular eggs - $3.82
Applewood smoked bacon, 24 oz - $13.99
Pound of Boar's Head beef bologna - $12.10
4 Boneless pork chops, 1/2" - $9.15
2 Sirloins - $17.28
3.5 lb family pack of drumsticks - $6.68
Tillamook Udderly Chocolate Ice Cream - $5.59
Gas Buddy website lies.
I wonder why the grocery stores and manufacturers have seen their
profits go up sometimes twice as much as their prices.

How did Biden do that?
Joe Money
2024-05-17 10:02:06 UTC
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
He put his open palm out first and looked the other direction as soon as he
felt something in it.

As usual.
Frank
2024-05-17 14:20:38 UTC
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Corporate greed did not occur until Biden became president. Apparently
they think it is something new.
Baxter
Really?!!! What stupidity!!
Frank
No need to think if you are a liberal.
Akidasar
2024-05-17 20:13:48 UTC
Uniparty still is a concept that baffles you isn't it nutless?
Ed P
2024-05-17 17:17:17 UTC
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Corporate greed has been growing well for a couple of decades now.

The average CEO-to-worker pay ratio was 272-to-1 for S&P 500 Index
companies in 2022; overall, U.S. workers’ real hourly wages fell in 2022
for the second year in a row by -1.6% after adjusting for inflation.

https://aflcio.org/executive-paywatch-0
Colour Sergeant Bourne
2024-05-17 20:58:15 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Frank
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Never could get my mind around the concept fo "corporate greed."

You start a company, the idea is to make money, if you do well and make
a lot, all of a sudden you;re "greedy?"

Got any stocks or mutual funds in your IRA of 401k? Do you hope they do
well and increase the balance in your account-- or do you hope they're
not "greedy?"

Corporate greed is a foolish naive liberal mantra ;-)
--
Liberals change facts to fit their ideology. It's easier than changing
their ideology to fit the facts.
Ed P
2024-05-18 00:59:41 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Frank
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Sure, they should make a profit, they cannot exist without it. Look at
the proportions though. Many of the earners of multi-million dollar
wages did not start the business but take a lot from it, while the
peasants working for them often get paid meager wages. What is a fair
ratio? You can be the genius that started a big company, but you need
the grunts doing the daily chores. Pay them fairly.

do you pay taxes? Good, thanks for contributing to society. Many big
corporation pay none.

What is the CEO pay ratio in the US?
CEO versus worker pay U.S. 2022 | Statista
In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio was
344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs
received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production and
nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm
2024-05-18 01:58:35 UTC
[...]
So what. The market dictates this. If the CEO's
a producing, it its the company's business what they
reward their employees with.

What is your solution? Fascism, where the government
(anointed) takes direct control of industry distribution
of profits?

¡Viva la libertad, carajo!
Ed P
2024-05-18 02:18:49 UTC
[...]
Wages and working conditions is how unions got started. Seems they are
making some inroads to new places in the past few years.

Don't want your workers unionized? Treat them fairly and pay a decent
wage.

I have no idea why you brought fascism into the conversation.
2024-05-18 04:23:42 UTC
[...]
Some unions are good; some unions are bad. There have been
times in my professional life I had wished I had the option
to join one. As long as Unions are voluntary, I have no
issue with them.

I might add that the best way to increase conditions and
wages is a thriving economic that dries up the labor pool,
forcing employers to complete for employees. We had than
under Trump. Not with His Fraudulency.
I have no idea why you brought fascism into the conversation.
Because I believe you are a Fascist, right out of the
pages of the Fascist manifesto. You know, the Left
Wing pigs that believed they had perfected Marxist
Communism.

Here is where I see you going when you carry on about
the wages companies pay their employees, which by the
way, is none of your freaking business:

We demand the nationalization of all (previous)
associated industries (trusts).

We demand a division of profits of all heavy
industries.

Guess what Left Wing pigs that comes from? Sound like
you?

Freedom, it is a scary thing to the anointed.

¡Viva la libertad, carajo!
Baxter
2024-05-18 14:53:21 UTC
Post by T
[...]
No we didn't. tRump inherited a good economy from Obama, then blew it - unemployment
under tRump was greater than any time in the Great Recession and rose to over 16%

Uemployment under Biden is currently 3.7%
Akidasar
2024-05-18 21:08:10 UTC
On Sat, 18 May 2024 14:53:21 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Baxter
tRump inherited a good economy from Obama, then blew it
https://www.businessinsider.com/charts-contrasting-trump-economy-obama-bush-administrations-republicans-democrats-2020-10#wages-grew-steadily-under-bush-and-slowed-under-obama-they-started-picking-up-again-under-trump-but-the-pandemics-impact-skewed-this-years-data-6

No, he FIXED Obama's malaise and had to keep us afloat through Covid.

Middle-class income fell during the Great Recession. It started
climbing afterwards, though cost-of-living increases have undermined
those gains.

incomes continued rising under Trump. It reached $68,700 in 2019, according to the latest data available before the pandemic.

year's data.
Baxter
2024-05-18 02:37:40 UTC
Post by T
[...]
CEOs don't produce anything - they are takers, It's the workers that
produce the product and the wealth. Worker get's paid $10/hour to
produce $100/hour of product - the bulk of that other $90 goes into the
CEO's pocket.
2024-05-18 04:26:52 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by T
So what. The market dictates this. If the CEO's
a producing,
CEOs don't produce anything - they are takers, It's the workers that
produce the product and the wealth. Worker get's paid $10/hour to
produce $100/hour of product - the bulk of that other $90 goes into the
CEO's pocket.
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.

Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Ralph Mowery
2024-05-18 13:37:38 UTC
Post by T
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Sometimes one gets paid more for a job that anyone can do but no no one
wants to do.

Talk about over paid I just saw where a rookie baseball player has a
contract for over 100 million dollsrs. After only a few games he was
injured and is out for the season. Not sure how it will affect him for
later years. He will still get paid millions.
Frank
2024-05-18 13:59:16 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
Post by T
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Sometimes one gets paid more for a job that anyone can do but no no one
wants to do.
Talk about over paid I just saw where a rookie baseball player has a
contract for over 100 million dollsrs. After only a few games he was
injured and is out for the season. Not sure how it will affect him for
later years. He will still get paid millions.
It is funny that no one complains about this or the entertainers that
are billionaires. I do not know what concert or game tickets cost when
I was a kid but now they are outrageous. People pay but do not complain.
Ed P
2024-05-18 14:51:25 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by Ralph Mowery
The market dictates that.  You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Sometimes one gets paid more for a job that anyone can do but no no one
wants to do.
Talk about over paid I just saw where a rookie baseball player has a
contract for over 100 million dollsrs.  After only a few games he was
injured and is out for the season.  Not sure how it will affect him for
later years.  He will still get paid millions.
It is funny that no one complains about this or the entertainers that
are billionaires.  I do not know what concert or game tickets cost when
I was a kid but now they are outrageous.  People pay but do not complain.
I'm sure the Kardashians are making the world a better place. Below is
a list of their accomplishments:
.
.
.
pothead
2024-05-18 21:18:32 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by Ralph Mowery
Post by T
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Sometimes one gets paid more for a job that anyone can do but no no one
wants to do.
Talk about over paid I just saw where a rookie baseball player has a
contract for over 100 million dollsrs. After only a few games he was
injured and is out for the season. Not sure how it will affect him for
later years. He will still get paid millions.
It is funny that no one complains about this or the entertainers that
are billionaires. I do not know what concert or game tickets cost when
I was a kid but now they are outrageous. People pay but do not complain.
I agree which is why I no longer support these events.
Back in the 70's a ticket to an Earth Wind And Fire concert was $50 for good seats. These days?
It's hundreds unless you want to sit in the nosebleed section.

About 5 years ago I took my granddaughter to a Yankees game. By the time I purchased the tickets,
in advance, box seats field level, parked the car, bought hot dogs a couple of beers, tips and
beers for the gentleman next to me who graciously bout me a beer, I was well over $600 not
including tolls and gas for the car.

It's out of control.

Wonder where these 'Swifties" get the money to buy tickets to a Taylor Swift concert.
--
pothead
Joe Biden is the absolute WORST President Of the U.S. ever.
Vote for ANYBODY but Joe Biden in 2024.
micky
2024-05-18 17:39:17 UTC
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 18 May 2024 09:37:38 -0400, Ralph Mowery
Post by Ralph Mowery
Post by T
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
Sometimes one gets paid more for a job that anyone can do but no no one
wants to do.
Talk about over paid I just saw where a rookie baseball player has a
contract for over 100 million dollsrs. After only a few games he was
injured and is out for the season. Not sure how it will affect him for
later years. He will still get paid millions.
That something can be televised, or shown in movies, to millions of
people, enables themm to pay such high amounts.

Day care workers could make a lot more money if they could increase the
number of babies they take care of by, say, a factor of 10. Maybe a
machine that would change diapers, and a conveyor belt. A diaper
machine might cost $20,000, but if it would mean they only need 1
persopn to diaper 100 babies instead of 5, they could lower rates and
would still have a lot more money for salaries. (A compputer controlled
diaper machine might cost $40,000, but they could advertise that they
are state of the art.)
Baxter
2024-05-18 14:55:29 UTC
Post by T
Post by Baxter
Post by T
So what. The market dictates this. If the CEO's
a producing,
CEOs don't produce anything - they are takers, It's the workers that
produce the product and the wealth. Worker get's paid $10/hour to
produce $100/hour of product - the bulk of that other $90 goes into the
CEO's pocket.
The market dictates that. You get paid higher for
work if it is something more difficult you do.
If you are doing something anyone can do, you get
paid lower.
Here is how freedom works: you are forced meet you
own needs by meeting other's needs.
You're fucking full of shit - nothing you said negates the fact that
workers are the ones producing the value and the CEOs are Takers.
Akidasar
So maybe the ground crews should fly the airplanes, right dumbfuck?
2024-05-20 00:31:27 UTC
Post by Baxter
You're fucking full of shit - nothing you said negates the fact that
workers are the ones producing the value and the CEOs are Takers.
Communist take that position a lot. How much producing
do you think those workers would do if they did not
have someone at the top how knew what he was doing?

Akidasar
2024-05-18 21:04:51 UTC
On Sat, 18 May 2024 02:37:40 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Baxter
Post by T
Post by Ed P
[...]
Then those workers obviously handle the board, accountants, legal,
distributors, transport, OSHA, etc...right dumbass?
Post by Baxter
Worker get's paid $10/hour to
produce $100/hour of product - the bulk of that other $90 goes into
the CEO's pocket.
Meaning there are no overhaed costs of:

marketing
distribution
inventory
capital equipment
legal
regulatory
transport
raw goods
advertising
and so on...

You are - routinely- the dumbest marxist know nothing out here!
Jon Brady
2024-05-18 08:19:09 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Frank
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
If they work pay them fairly. If they are sitting there playing with
their smartphones, filming themselves running equipment that can harm
others, pay them accordingly or fire them.
Post by Ed P
do you pay taxes? Good, thanks for contributing to society. Many big
corporation pay none.
What is the CEO pay ratio in the US?
CEO versus worker pay U.S. 2022 | Statista
In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio
was 344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs
received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production
and nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm
CEOs are overcompensated in the US. Any US CEO who sends jobs out of the
country, or hires offshore IT staff to support the company they are
responsible for should forfeit bonuses and lose 25% of their salary.
Colour Sergeant Bourne
If you don’t want minimum wage, don’t have minimum skills
Cindy Hamilton
2024-05-18 15:27:29 UTC
Post by Ed P
What is the CEO pay ratio in the US?
CEO versus worker pay U.S. 2022 | Statista
In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio was
344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs
received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production and
nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm
So what...
European and Japanese CEOs manage to scrape by on a ratio of somewhere
around 57 (European) and between 12 and 50 (Japan).

In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against other
CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at their job.
Cindy Hamilton
Frank
2024-05-18 16:38:33 UTC
Post by Ed P
What is the CEO pay ratio in the US?
CEO versus worker pay U.S. 2022 | Statista
In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio was
344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs
received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production and
nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm
So what...
European and Japanese CEOs manage to scrape by on a ratio of somewhere
around 57 (European) and between 12 and 50 (Japan).
In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against other
CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at their job.
I think their keeping score is also with the athletes and entertainers
making more money.
Akidasar
2024-05-18 21:17:44 UTC
On 18 May 2024 15:27:29 GMT
Post by Cindy Hamilton
In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against other
CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at their job.
Which is why most starting elite NFL Qbs are all making about
$50mil/year...right?

2nd tier starters get $20-30 mil/year.

So the performance gap has no impact?

Bullshit!
Ed P
2024-05-18 23:47:35 UTC
Post by Akidasar
On 18 May 2024 15:27:29 GMT
Post by Cindy Hamilton
In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against other
CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at their job.
Which is why most starting elite NFL Qbs are all making about
$50mil/year...right?
2nd tier starters get $20-30 mil/year.
So the performance gap has no impact?
Bullshit!
IMO, the top quarterback is not worth more than $150,000. They don't
get any of my money. Its a game. People play it for fun!
Ralph Mowery
2024-05-19 02:27:23 UTC
Post by Ed P
IMO, the top quarterback is not worth more than $150,000. They don't
get any of my money. Its a game. People play it for fun!
That is the way I look at sports. I did have to take the family to a
few baseball games to keep them happy but to me it was boring. I have
never watched a whole game of any kind on the TV.
I do not care to go to the ones doing the singing either. The only one
I went to was back when I was in high school and it was not very
expensive at all.It was OK, but not anything I would care for later in
life.Went to a few car races in the teens but back then there was not
too much to do in the mid to late 1960's.
Frank
2024-05-19 14:21:45 UTC
Post by Ralph Mowery
Post by Ed P
IMO, the top quarterback is not worth more than $150,000. They don't
get any of my money. Its a game. People play it for fun!
That is the way I look at sports. I did have to take the family to a
few baseball games to keep them happy but to me it was boring. I have
never watched a whole game of any kind on the TV.
I do not care to go to the ones doing the singing either. The only one
I went to was back when I was in high school and it was not very
expensive at all.It was OK, but not anything I would care for later in
life.Went to a few car races in the teens but back then there was not
too much to do in the mid to late 1960's.
I was in Cleveland in the early '60's when Frank Ryan and Jimmy Brown
were playing for the championship Cleveland Browns and watched on TV.
Off season Frank Ryan was going to school and got a PhD in math and
after playing ended up as a math prof at CWRU. He was well paid at the
time as a player but not like today and needed that second career.
micky
2024-05-19 04:22:19 UTC
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 18 May 2024 19:47:35 -0400, Ed P
Post by Ed P
Post by Akidasar
On 18 May 2024 15:27:29 GMT
Post by Cindy Hamilton
In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against other
CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at their job.
Which is why most starting elite NFL Qbs are all making about
$50mil/year...right?
2nd tier starters get $20-30 mil/year.
So the performance gap has no impact?
Bullshit!
IMO, the top quarterback is not worth more than $150,000. They don't
get any of my money. Its a game. People play it for fun!
My plumbing repairs, my copper pipe soldering, is fun the first two or
three times. If I trained for it 4 or 5 days a week and did it every
sunday, it wouldn't be fun anymore.
Akidasar
2024-05-19 21:07:07 UTC
On Sat, 18 May 2024 19:47:35 -0400
Post by Ed P
Post by Akidasar
On 18 May 2024 15:27:29 GMT
Post by Cindy Hamilton
In the U.S. their compensation is a way of keeping score against
other CEOs. It's got nothing to do with how effective they are at
their job.
Which is why most starting elite NFL Qbs are all making about
$50mil/year...right?
2nd tier starters get $20-30 mil/year.
So the performance gap has no impact?
Bullshit!
IMO, the top quarterback is not worth more than $150,000.
You must be in Canaduh then.
Post by Ed P
They don't get any of my money. Its a game. People play it for fun!
Non sequitur.

My point stands.
Bob F
2024-05-18 22:19:52 UTC
Post by Ed P
Post by Frank
Post by Joe Money
Post by Bob F
Post by Bank of America
[...]
Funny how corporate profits are growing way faster than product prices,
isn't it. They are not hurting from inflation a bit.
Akidasar
2024-05-18 23:32:45 UTC
On Sat, 18 May 2024 15:19:52 -0700
Post by Bob F
Funny how corporate profits are growing way faster than product
prices, isn't it.
Funny how you just lied through your teeth.

https://www.rappler.com/business/high-rice-inflation-until-july-2024-market-price-going-up/

High rice inflation could linger until July as market prices keep going
up

Prices for rice continue to climb as rice inflation stands at 24.4% in
March 2024,

https://www.investing.com/equities/cargills-(ceylon)-ratios

Net Profit margin TTM 2.7%

https://ycharts.com/companies/BG/gross_profit_margin

Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly) Range, Past 5 Years
-9.47%
Minimum
SEP 2019
11.68%
Maximum
JUN 2020
5.61%
Average
6.02%
Median
Bob F
2024-05-19 00:36:59 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
"Inflation has come down significantly from its peak over the past year,
yet prices remain high for American consumers. As supply chain snarls
have receded and the economy has stabilized, businesses continue to pad
their bottom lines, rather than passing these savings on to consumers."

https://groundworkcollaborative.org/work/inflation-revelation-how-outsized-corporate-profits-drive-rising-costs/
neil lain
2024-05-19 07:47:35 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
"The Groundwork Collaborative is a left-of-center activist group with a
particular focus on economic issues. It is a fiscally-sponsored project
of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) arm of the Arabella Advisors “dark
money” network of liberal pass-through funding organizations. The
organization was launched in 2018 to promote left-wing economic policies."

Sucked dirt road weenie on that one, didn't you?
Bob F
2024-05-19 13:22:20 UTC
Post by neil lain
Post by Bob F
[...]
LOL! Ignoring reality just like all the GOPtards.

"‘Greedflation’ caused more than half of last year’s inflation surge,
study finds, as corporate profits remain at all-time highs"

https://fortune.com/2024/01/20/inflation-greedflation-consumer-price-index-producer-price-index-corporate-profit/

"Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds
This article is more than 3 months old

Thinktank report says ‘resounding evidence’ shows companies continue to
keep prices high even as their inflationary costs drop"

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/19/us-inflation-caused-by-corporate-profits

"Corporate profits hit record high in third quarter amid 40-year-high
inflation "

https://thehill.com/business/3756457-corporate-profits-hit-record-high-in-third-quarter-amid-40-year-high-inflation/

"Strikingly, over half of this increase (53.9%) can be attributed to
fatter profit margins, with labor costs contributing less than 8% of
this increase. This is not normal. "

https://www.epi.org/blog/corporate-profits-have-contributed-disproportionately-to-inflation-how-should-policymakers-respond/
Akidasar
2024-05-19 20:46:53 UTC
NO meaningful "inflationary costs" have dropped, scuzzbag.
Akidasar
2024-05-19 21:06:07 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
Bullshit lie!

https://www.biden-mart.com/

Ribeye steak/lb.

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$7.25

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$13.22

PERCENT
INCREASE

82.34 %

SOURCE: USDA DATA, JANUARY 2021 AND JANUARY 2024​​
Cindy Hamilton
2024-05-19 21:43:31 UTC
Post by Akidasar
Post by Bob F
"Inflation has come down significantly from its peak
Bullshit lie!
Inflation can be down while prices remain high, dumbass.
Cindy Hamilton
Akidasar
2024-05-19 22:18:16 UTC
On 19 May 2024 21:43:31 GMT
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Akidasar
Post by Bob F
"Inflation has come down significantly from its peak
Bullshit lie!
Inflation can be down while prices remain high, dumbass.
Hypothetical twaddle.

Inflation is not down in any significant or visible way.

Prices are high due to inflation, cope.
pothead
2024-05-19 23:41:13 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
When Joe Biden took office inflation was at 1.4%.
Cindy Hamilton
2024-05-19 08:54:37 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
Rice inflation in the Philippines?

Cargill Ceylon?

Bunge Global SA ?

You really had to reach to find those numbers, didn't you?
Cindy Hamilton
Akidasar
2024-05-19 20:16:50 UTC
Post by Bob F
[...]
And elsewhere:

https://internationalbanker.com/finance/no-immediate-end-in-store-for-high-rice-prices/

According to the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization’s (FAO’s) Rice Price Index (FARPI), the price of rice averaged 141.1 points in December 2023, up 1.6 percent month-on-month and 18.6 percent from the previous year. It was a fitting end to a year in which prices skyrocketed to levels not seen since 2008, thanks largely to India’s rice-export ban and the impacts of El Niño. And with those concerns far from being allayed, the world may have to deal with prolonged—and severe—rice-price inflation in 2024.

Indeed, FARPI data has revealed that international rice prices averaged a sizeable 21.1 percent more in 2023 than in 2022. The long-grained rice variety, indica, led the rally with a 25-percent surge during the year, most recently rising by 2.6 percent in December, with the FAO noting strong Asian buying sentiment, tighter supplies in Vietnam and the strengthening Thai baht versus the US dollar during the year as key contributory factors. Other benchmark quotations also experienced price appreciations last year, with Japonica, aromatic and glutinous rice up by 6 percent, 11 percent and 17 percent, respectively.

The bulk of this upward price surge has been largely attributed to the
July 21 export ban India implemented on non-basmati varieties of white
rice, with immediate effects. New Delhi also slapped a 20-percent duty
on parboiled-rice exports and applied an export-price floor on basmati
at $950/metric tonne (mt), with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food
& Public Distribution confirming that such measures had been taken to
provide “adequate availability” of rice for domestic consumption and to
“allay the rise in prices in the domestic market”.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/236628/retail-price-of-white-rice-in-the-united-states/

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/outlooks/109167/rcs-24d.pdf?v=3255

U.S. long-grain milled rice remains quoted at near-record levels.

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/chart-gallery/gallery/chart-detail/?chartId=108191

Over the 2012 to 2022 period, the total cost of producing one acre of
rice increased by 36 percent. Most of the increase in cost stemmed from
an increase in operating costs of 62 percent, while allocated overhead
costs increased 6 percent. Surging fertilizer costs, which increased by
$150.75 per acre from 2020 to 2022, largely drove the increase. By
contrast, allocated overhead costs—a category that includes labor costs
and the opportunity cost of land—increased by $12.09 since 2020.
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Cargill Ceylon?
Bunge Global SA ?
You really had to reach to find those numbers, didn't you?
You really had to be a lying twat to deny that the global rice market is
overpriced.

And that it had NOTHING to do with excessive corporate profits, not one
iota!

Now go lie down under the porch.