OT: Boat Fense
2024-05-13 10:50:53 UTC
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/05/12/man-creatively-deals-with-rule-against-his-boat-n2174106

Chuckle. I want one!
Snag
2024-05-13 11:53:54 UTC
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/05/12/man-creatively-deals-with-rule-against-his-boat-n2174106
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but
William Wallace
h***@ccanoemail.com
2024-05-13 23:24:33 UTC
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
Snag
2024-05-14 00:44:41 UTC
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
My wife and I like to brag that we're using the latest clothes drying
technology - wind and solar . Actually not a big deal , we've been line
drying our clothes for years ! Nothing quite like the texture of a fresh
line-dried towel .
William Wallace
h***@ccanoemail.com
2024-05-14 01:06:07 UTC
Post by Snag
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
My wife and I like to brag that we're using the latest clothes drying
technology - wind and solar . Actually not a big deal , we've been line
drying our clothes for years ! Nothing quite like the texture of a fresh
line-dried towel .
Yep.
I can't explain the science but it just _smells_
like clothes off the line ..
Near by neighbours usually check for laundry day
before any fire pit fires.
John T.
Ed P
2024-05-14 01:28:34 UTC
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
[...]
Depends on where you live. Downstream from a steel mill?

When we started doing diapers 50+ years ago, I bought a dryer.
And gallons of chlorine?
Probably has something to do with sunlight sanitizing your cloths
Snag
2024-05-14 02:17:35 UTC
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
[...]
You got good neighbors !
William Wallace
Mine do not care either
Clare Snyder
2024-05-14 03:47:08 UTC
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
[...]
Have you ever had "freeze dried" clothes?
Hang wet clothes out in -20 weather and they freeze hard like a plank.
When your jeans start to flap in the wind they are dry - AND SOFT
Clare Snyder
2024-05-14 03:44:55 UTC
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
They are smart enough to suspend them HIGH UP - unlike low lines that
can "clothesline" you if you run into one unexpectedly - - - - But
that wasn't the rationale behind banning them - -
Snag
2024-05-14 04:00:15 UTC
Post by Clare Snyder
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
They are smart enough to suspend them HIGH UP - unlike low lines that
can "clothesline" you if you run into one unexpectedly - - - - But
that wasn't the rationale behind banning them - -
Your take on that rationale ?
William Wallace
Clare Snyder
2024-05-15 01:19:52 UTC
Post by Snag
Post by Clare Snyder
Post by h***@ccanoemail.com
Post by Snag
Post by T
Man's Clever and Funny Response to City After They Told Him He Had to
Hide His Boat Behind a Fence
Chuckle.  I want one!
As the article said , malicious compliance !
I like it !
But it looks more like a neighbourhood / town violation
than any sort of State law-breaking ..
Some sub-divisions once had bylaws against clothes-lines !
.. thank heavens for the left lib greenies who fought that one.
Many of my Mennonite / Amish neighbours have long
double clothes lines - always well used - and it doesn't
hurt anyone at all.
John T.
They are smart enough to suspend them HIGH UP - unlike low lines that
can "clothesline" you if you run into one unexpectedly - - - - But
that wasn't the rationale behind banning them - -
Your take on that rationale ?
The community bans were literally NIMBY (Not in My back yard)