Repairing Gopher grabbers
Daniel Prince
2010-02-05 12:15:25 UTC
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
dpb
2010-02-05 14:46:46 UTC
Post by Daniel Prince
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.
What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Use bolt/nut instead of screw (assuming it's a thru hole)

Alternatively, perhaps pop rivet.

Or just go w/ larger screw size in existing hole

dadiOH
2010-02-05 15:56:13 UTC
Post by Daniel Prince
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.
What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.
A washer
--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
hr(bob) hofmann@att.net
2010-02-05 23:17:05 UTC
Post by dadiOH
Post by Daniel Prince
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws.  I have some that have the screws pulled out.  The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.
What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again?  Thank you in advance for all replies.
A washer
--
dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico
A washer won't fill in the hole, a machine screw and nut should do the
trick.
WW
2010-02-06 03:05:20 UTC
Post by Daniel Prince
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.
What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
If it is a dead end hole. Fill with JB Weld and insert screw and let it set
up hard. WW
Steve B
2010-02-07 04:13:47 UTC
I'm interested in what type of trap you are speaking of.

Can you post a pic or a site where I can see this mechanism?

I use the $4 spring trap variety on pocket gophers here, and have gotten
quite good at trapping them.

Steve
Daniel Prince
2010-02-13 07:54:21 UTC
Post by Steve B
I'm interested in what type of trap you are speaking of.
Can you post a pic or a site where I can see this mechanism?
I use the $4 spring trap variety on pocket gophers here, and have gotten
quite good at trapping them.
Steve
A Gopher Grabber is a two-and-a-half-foot long device for reaching,
grabbing and picking up small objects that are out of reach. I
mostly use them to pick things up off the floor. My short brother
uses them to get things off of high shelves.
Post by Steve B
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Gopher-Grabber-As-seen-on-TV-NEW-Must-Have_W0QQitemZ360178132505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dc4a2619
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.